Propose

Leoroar

Hey, hmmm, i dunno if its the correct place to post this, but anyway..
My gf and I have been together for almost 3 years, I decided to propose to her next year on 15th may. Wants to use this year to plan out how to propose etc etc. but totally gt NO ideas at all >.< was wondering if i could get some "ling gan" from you all =) thanks in advance =)

meilingg

wow! so sweet of you~
Now already start planning for next year proposal.
Hope she is not in this forum if not everything will be leak out!

Sincerity is the keyword. =)
You may want to propose to her on the place where you guys first met? or first date?

Actually did you thought of any ideas? not even a single bit?

Leoroar

wow! so sweet of you~
Now already start planning for next year proposal.
Hope she is not in this forum if not everything will be leak out!

Sincerity is the keyword. =)
You may want to propose to her on the place where you guys first met? or first date?

Actually did you thought of any ideas? not even a single bit?

Ideas on venue and how to, i from yesterday think till now, nth pops out =(
I decided on this 15th may becos its the 1314th day we have been together, haha. In chinese 1314 sounds like yi sheng yi shi ma =)

meilingg

wah... meaningful~ 1314...

do something that will touches her heart...

Maybe can discuss with her close friends and then everyone can help you out on that day too.

My htb got my 2 sisters and one of their hubby to help to keep me in day on that day...

meilingg

The Wedding Proposal

It is often lamented by women that romance is dead. In Singapore especially, the most common proposal appears to be the "Let's get a flat together, dear." While this is definitely the most straight-forward and efficient way to propose, I doubt it is the way any girl dreams of being proposed to. And since you are intending to vow to love and cherish her forever, it is only appropriate to go the extra mile to show her that she means that much more to you.

A romantic proposal doesn't have to be extravagant. All that is required is some innovation, excitement and lots of sincerity. Let's be honest, most women want to be able to say that their husband is the most romantic man in the world and have her girl friends go "Awww..." when she tells them how he proposed. So don't be afraid to be creative, it's a once in a lifetime occasion. Most women appreciate that little bit of silliness you partake on their behalf.

Generally, pick a place that has a special significance to the both of you. Either the place you first met, had the first date, first kiss or just somewhere with a nice, romantic ambience. Get the timing right as well, be it under the moon and the stars or while listening to soft music. The key is to get her comfortable and relaxed before popping the question. It's important to be sincere and unique. That means try not to rip off lines from her favourite romantic novel and/or movie.

Below are some romantic proposal ideas that we have come across. Share your own romantic proposal story with us.

On the day of your anniversary, bring her to a romantic restaurant. Near the end of dinner, look softly into her eyes and say "Life is a long journey that I wouldn't want to travel alone". Then present her with a model BMW car as a present. In the passenger seat, put a note that reads "BMW: Be My Wife". Open the boot of the car, take out the wedding ring and say "***, will you be my wife?".

Invite her to meet you at a restaurant for dinner. Ask the waiter to pass her a rose with a note tied to the stem. Each minute that passes, have another rose with a note sent to her. On each note, write about something memorable that happened for each year that you knew her. Finally, carry the last rose in yourself, with a note saying "Today, *** agreed to be my bride." Give her the rose then take out the ring and propose.

Leoroar

The Wedding Proposal

It is often lamented by women that romance is dead. In Singapore especially, the most common proposal appears to be the "Let's get a flat together, dear." While this is definitely the most straight-forward and efficient way to propose, I doubt it is the way any girl dreams of being proposed to. And since you are intending to vow to love and cherish her forever, it is only appropriate to go the extra mile to show her that she means that much more to you.

A romantic proposal doesn't have to be extravagant. All that is required is some innovation, excitement and lots of sincerity. Let's be honest, most women want to be able to say that their husband is the most romantic man in the world and have her girl friends go "Awww..." when she tells them how he proposed. So don't be afraid to be creative, it's a once in a lifetime occasion. Most women appreciate that little bit of silliness you partake on their behalf.

Generally, pick a place that has a special significance to the both of you. Either the place you first met, had the first date, first kiss or just somewhere with a nice, romantic ambience. Get the timing right as well, be it under the moon and the stars or while listening to soft music. The key is to get her comfortable and relaxed before popping the question. It's important to be sincere and unique. That means try not to rip off lines from her favourite romantic novel and/or movie.

Below are some romantic proposal ideas that we have come across. Share your own romantic proposal story with us.

On the day of your anniversary, bring her to a romantic restaurant. Near the end of dinner, look softly into her eyes and say "Life is a long journey that I wouldn't want to travel alone". Then present her with a model BMW car as a present. In the passenger seat, put a note that reads "BMW: Be My Wife". Open the boot of the car, take out the wedding ring and say "***, will you be my wife?".

Invite her to meet you at a restaurant for dinner. Ask the waiter to pass her a rose with a note tied to the stem. Each minute that passes, have another rose with a note sent to her. On each note, write about something memorable that happened for each year that you knew her. Finally, carry the last rose in yourself, with a note saying "Today, *** agreed to be my bride." Give her the rose then take out the ring and propose.

Hmmm, interesting, thought of doing it at the place we met for the 1st time, but not very appropriate as we both met each other in a hospital ward.haha

pretty bride

Ideas on venue and how to, i from yesterday think till now, nth pops out =(
I decided on this 15th may becos its the 1314th day we have been together, haha. In chinese 1314 sounds like yi sheng yi shi ma =)

OMG THIS IS SO SWEET! just the thoughtfulness of the date itself already melts the heart! your gf will be crazy not to accept!

anws it's really great that you're putting so much thought into this. definitely since its a once in a lifetime thing so the girl really will appreciate it x10 if you go the extra mile. what's your budget? here's some stuff that i can think of offhand:

1) picnic at marina barrage

cook up a good meal, pack it nicely in those vintage picnic basket kind. ask her to meet you at barrage itself. beforehand, be at barrage, and fly a big big kite (best is handmade) that says "WILL YOU MARRY ME *****" so when she arrive she will see already. tie the ring on the kite (so it can be a surprise later)! once she says yes, bring her to the picnic area and enjoy the meal with her. wait for her to question you about the ring, then you bring the kite down from the sky, and put it on her finger!

2) romantic dinner

this one very cliché, but its cliché for a reason - because it works! bring her to a fine dining restaurant (you can consider il lido, the place i held my rom. really great place with romantic ambience! somemore away from the city so more relaxing vibe.) have a great meal, and during the meal, keep reminiscing about the past.tell her how she completes you etcetc (this one you have to think yourself like what you want to say to her, as long as is sincere, she will be able to feel it!) beforehand, ask the waiter to place the ring in the dessert already. so when the dessert comes and she eats it, she'll bite into the ring. when she takes it out, tell her how she's been the sweetest thing in your life, and that you want to spend the rest of your life making her life as sweet and loving as she's been making yours. then get on one knee in the restaurant in front of everybody, and ask her to marry you.

that's all i can think of for now! all the best for your proposal! :)

Leoroar

OMG THIS IS SO SWEET! just the thoughtfulness of the date itself already melts the heart! your gf will be crazy not to accept!

anws it's really great that you're putting so much thought into this. definitely since its a once in a lifetime thing so the girl really will appreciate it x10 if you go the extra mile. what's your budget? here's some stuff that i can think of offhand:

1) picnic at marina barrage

cook up a good meal, pack it nicely in those vintage picnic basket kind. ask her to meet you at barrage itself. beforehand, be at barrage, and fly a big big kite (best is handmade) that says "WILL YOU MARRY ME *****" so when she arrive she will see already. tie the ring on the kite (so it can be a surprise later)! once she says yes, bring her to the picnic area and enjoy the meal with her. wait for her to question you about the ring, then you bring the kite down from the sky, and put it on her finger!

2) romantic dinner

this one very cliché, but its cliché for a reason - because it works! bring her to a fine dining restaurant (you can consider il lido, the place i held my rom. really great place with romantic ambience! somemore away from the city so more relaxing vibe.) have a great meal, and during the meal, keep reminiscing about the past.tell her how she completes you etcetc (this one you have to think yourself like what you want to say to her, as long as is sincere, she will be able to feel it!) beforehand, ask the waiter to place the ring in the dessert already. so when the dessert comes and she eats it, she'll bite into the ring. when she takes it out, tell her how she's been the sweetest thing in your life, and that you want to spend the rest of your life making her life as sweet and loving as she's been making yours. then get on one knee in the restaurant in front of everybody, and ask her to marry you.

that's all i can think of for now! all the best for your proposal! :)

nice idea,haha, hmmm, will put it in my consider list, thxs pretty bride =)

Leoroar

just thought of an idea, was thinking of doing a short film/video on how we 2 met, the impt events that both of us went though together, and ending with me asking her parents for permission to propose to her
follow by me proposing to her
venue and sequence leading to this still thinking
what do you all think?

pinnpinn

I think you will need to know what kind of proposal she prefer. Some girls like it to be a private event (just you and her), some like it to be a big thing (with friends, infront of public, etc) Also, you need to know what kind of ring she like, her ring size. Ring size can be altered subsequently but at least you must make sure it fits her! (You can try taking a ring of hers and ask any jewelry shop about the size)

I think any girls will be touched by something that a guy made. Be it a video, card. Alternatively, you can rope in her friends to plan together with you. Asking them to be your "spies" in knowing what ur gf wants

Leoroar

I think you will need to know what kind of proposal she prefer. Some girls like it to be a private event (just you and her), some like it to be a big thing (with friends, infront of public, etc) Also, you need to know what kind of ring she like, her ring size. Ring size can be altered subsequently but at least you must make sure it fits her! (You can try taking a ring of hers and ask any jewelry shop about the size)

I think any girls will be touched by something that a guy made. Be it a video, card. Alternatively, you can rope in her friends to plan together with you. Asking them to be your "spies" in knowing what ur gf wants

already roped in a few of her close friends, from what we have talked abt so far, my feeling is that she prefers it to be something that is not too public yet she wont mind a few close friends around.

pretty bride

i think the proposal should be just between the two of you. you can throw a proposal party afterwards to celebrate her saying yes with her few close friends and yours too! :)

Leoroar

i think the proposal should be just between the two of you. you can throw a proposal party afterwards to celebrate her saying yes with her few close friends and yours too! :)

i thought though quite long abt this actually. The reason i wanna do it with some of the close frens of ours together is because, I actually intending to compose a vow? dunno whats the correct wording, and i want the close frens of ours to be witness to my promises to her =)

meilingg

just thought of an idea, was thinking of doing a short film/video on how we 2 met, the impt events that both of us went though together, and ending with me asking her parents for permission to propose to her
follow by me proposing to her
venue and sequence leading to this still thinking
what do you all think?

She definitely will be very touched!

Leoroar

she suggested applying for the BTO next month for the yishun flat =.=,i might have to pull my plans forward >.<

pinnpinn

I dont think u will need to pull ur plans forward. U can apply for the HTB first then propose. I guess that's what alot of couples do nowadays. Giving the fact that it's hard to get a BTO flat and that u will have to wait for a few years for it to complete (and also, u might not always come across a chance where u got a flat at ur desire location). For me, I go the traditional way, propose than plan. But I guess it's ok to apply first and go on with ur plan. Better not to disrupt everything!

Leoroar

haha, but its like. soooo weird, cos normally guys propose by asking their gf wanna apply for HDB ma, i feel like i robbing her of a chance for a proper proposal by doing it in reverse