Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Member shambolic is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    june 2014 ^^ urs?

Junior Member Jpsfoo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i booked too! will let everyone know how it goes!

Junior Member AHKB is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Ramada has a very nice ballroom (Balestier Ballroom) in the oriental style. Price of their package is also very attractive. Only drawback I would say is the hotel location..

Junior Member jesslam03 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I've also confirmed my booking with them on 24 May 2014. The price they gave is still 2013 de! So it's really good! Location wise, I think quite nearby to my guests' house, cause it's central area, despite it's in e lil corner surrounded by other architects. I'm planning to have a vintage wedding, finds the area quite good for photo taking and can save a lot of time from the photo taking venue to the hotel, so maybe can have more rest

Junior Member MaryBrown is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I personally attended a wedding dinner recently at Ramada Singapore at Zhongshan Park which is a newly built hotel, therefore the ballroom was beautifully decorated with a cosy ambience.

Unfortunately, it was also the lack of experience from the banquet team that practically ruined the whole dining experience. First of all, what is a wedding banquet without a proper march-in display for the starter course? Absolutely nothing?! The time interval for the food served for each course was rather inconsistence. I have not finish my fish when they started to dish out the next course. They finally made me wait for about 30mins for the dessert to be served.

It does not help when most of the banquet staff were young students and struggled to cope with the heavy plates and bowls. Their lack of trainings and inexperience were exposed when a few times they served the food without distributing out new plates to us. I was keeping an eye for myself when they weaved around the narrow gaps between the tables to serve food and drinks in a unsteady manner. It was not long before accidental spillage of wine hit 2 guests. There was a commotion between the banquet supervisor and the banquet staff right in front of us (How unprofessional!). The groom even had to drag them out of the ballroom to settle their dispute.

I heard from the groom that there was a major screw up from the hotel in the march-in for the started course. Due to the new start up, he had difficulties to get help from the hotel in IT support in terms of the video and audio equipment.

It was not all bad experience after all. Certain dishes was delicious and unique as compare to other banquet dinner I have attended. Personally, I would not want to take chances on a new hotel established for my own wedding. The embarrassments of a disastrous wedding dinner was too much to bare for a newlywed.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Crying Not a happy btb

Have just been told that they decided to do away with themes but I can pick the flower stands! I'm about three months away from the wedding and have absolutely no idea how the ballroom is going to look like. The pics they put up are not accurate too - been told that the chairs do not come with seat covers. Beginning to regret going with them esp after reading Mary browns review now

Member eillyn216 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpsfoo View Post
    Have just been told that they decided to do away with themes but I can pick the flower stands! I'm about three months away from the wedding and have absolutely no idea how the ballroom is going to look like. The pics they put up are not accurate too - been told that the chairs do not come with seat covers. Beginning to regret going with them esp after reading Mary browns review now
    Hi there! I'm also a btb at Ramada in Sept 2014 though. I guess seat covers is a small matter since their chairs are new that's why they don't see a need to put a cover. Maybe you can work with your coordinator and see what can be done? Or get them to compensate for last minute change in themes? Btw who is your coordinator?

Regarding MaryBrown's comments, I've actually showed it my coordinator and team manager to get assurance of the quality of their service, they have since then retrain their staff so I guess its just an isolated case.

Well...I go for Ramada bcos of its pillar-less ballroom and their pricing which is very attractive. It's hard or close to impossible to get this kinda offer from other hotels. So I choose to let go insisting to have seat covers for the new chairs, I guess the hotel is capable of putting up a pretty decent set-up even without themes ya. Hopefully your coordinator is able to come up with a satisfying solution for both of you.

Good Luck!!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yeah I'm not hung up by the covers but just want everyone here to know the pics are not true depiction. Personalliy i think it's very misleading. I'm also nervous that I don't know how the ballroom will look like so even though I want to make it look better,I don't know where or how to start! It's very nerve wrecking.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Who is your coordinator in charge? Is he/she helpful? Like do they understand your concerns and offer any alternatives?

I agree that the photos they put up is a little misleading, I gave them a benefit of doubt as they are still new hence only have those illustrated photos to show on their website. Have you seen the ballroom? It's kinda nice though. What was the original theme that you wanted?

Don't worry ya...I believe things will turn out for the better

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i work with Jacelyn and she is very responsive - no complains on that one. and no, haven't seen the ballroom as i live overseas but ive asked my friend to view it for me when they were still building it out though so i cant really tell how it will look like overall what else i need to get for the ballroom to make it look it nice etc

for themes, i just want it to look modern but I'm not good at stuff like this so was hoping that they will have standard themes that i can just pick from and not have to think about it

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Ahhh...now i know where you are coming from...you've not seen the ballroom no wonder, I went down to have a look at the ballroom and personally I feel it's quite good, 6 metres high pillar-less with 5 LCD screens to showcase your videos and photo montages

I've checked with my coordinator on the themes, and I guess there may be a gap in the interpretations of "themes" between the couples and the hotel.

To us, to have a theme is like a deco package from head to toe all-in so we do not have to worry, just choose 1 out of what they have.

To the hotel, the "themes" they refer to is to let us have a choice of the aisle stands, flowers, stage colours, table cloths to choose from to form our own "theme".

So it may seem they don't offer a ready-made theme, but on the other hand, they do let us have a say in what we want, right?

I just received a checklist from my coordinator on the items that we get to choose, maybe you find out from yours and from there you will have a better idea what they have in-house?

Hope this helps and DON'T WORRY ya Things will turn out fine...after all...I bet they are not in the interest to portray themselves as a hotel so bad at decorating for such an important event ya!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Wooh! I will!! Thanks for the tips!! This is very useful!! Will reach out to them.And yes, you are spot on on how I interpret themes! Glad it's a miscommunication!

Thanks again! I feel a lot better

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hahaha...no worries! I'm glad that I managed to offer some help and make you feel better!

After all...WE, the couples should feel happy with the hotel we have chosen...as much as possible, try to communicate our needs and hope to have things turn out the way we want them too.

I guess by doing this, we are also helping the hotel team as they have no ways of knowing what we want unless communicated right!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hmmm....so i asked my coordinator if theres a checklist and her response is they do not have one for setup as its very subjective to individual and self created.. i dont really understand what that means ?!?!? i guess i can create 'the list' myself and ask her to make it happen???

eilly216, is your list confidential? do you mind sharing it with me?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I supposed it is confidential as there are arrangements noted in the list that we have discussed with the coordinator.

It'll be kinda awkward if you show the list to your coordinator and request her to follow my list instead?

Best is to ask for a checklist for all items that she requires you to choose, eg. date of food tasting, confirmation of table numbers, flowers for aisle/tables etc