Rasa Sentosa Reviews

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Junior Member Shyanne is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Rasa Sentosa Reviews

Has anybody planned / attended a wedding at Rasa Sentosa on the beach or in their new horizon ballroom?

Any information will be helpful and greatly appreciated!

Member morningsun is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Not sure if it is still under reno, last i heard it was undergoing reno from apr'10 for one year plus.
    If not, others usually consider raffles marina or one degree 15.

Junior Member Anthenis is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    the reno at Rasa Sentosa is already completed. It is quite a gd venue and depending on time of your wedding, you can even watch the sunset.very beautiful place.

Member germainetay is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthenis View Post
    the reno at Rasa Sentosa is already completed. It is quite a gd venue and depending on time of your wedding, you can even watch the sunset.very beautiful place.
    completed already. . . that is great. . . thanx for sharing. . .

Junior Member zaex is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Anyone knows the 2012 price package for banquet dinner and dinner buffet? Thanks.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by zaex View Post
    Anyone knows the 2012 price package for banquet dinner and dinner buffet? Thanks.
    Yes I just received the 2012 package prices.

I've attached the 2011 and 2012 prices for you to compare.

Are you planning a wedding there too? I'm looking at July 2012 myself. (:
    Attached Files

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyanne View Post

Thanks for the attachment Shyanne!

Yeah we're planning a sunset beach solemnisation follow by indoor banquet dinner. Looking at Jun 2012.

Have you look at other beach venues like 1-twenty-six or amara sanctuary etc? Sorry need your opinions cos I've only just started researching. Thanks again

Member melodee is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Thanks for loading this up, Shyanne!

Member melodee is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by zaex View Post
    Thanks for the attachment Shyanne!

Yeah we're planning a sunset beach solemnisation follow by indoor banquet dinner. Looking at Jun 2012.

Have you look at other beach venues like 1-twenty-six or amara sanctuary etc? Sorry need your opinions cos I've only just started researching. Thanks again
    Woah, 1-twenty-six? Where is that? never heard before

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi melodee

It's at East Coast, a beachfront chillout place by One Rochester Group.

Link: http://1-twentysix.com/wedding05.aspx

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    zaex I'm planning a beachside ceremony as well, which was why I fell in love with Rasa Sentosa's premises and the horizon ballroom looks like great too.

I didn't inquire with 1twentysix because I felt like their dining seating arrangements is not suitable for what I had in mind. I still think it's a good venue for an intimate beach side wedding though.

I did check with Amara Sanctuary for their prices, they are comparable to Rasa Sentosa's. The Glass Pavilion looks like a nice garden setting for a wedding. As far as I am aware they don't have a beach front option. Although their ballroom looks nice, I still prefer the horizon room at Rasa for the sweeping views of trees and the beach.

Another option I may consider is actually The Sentosa (formerly The Beaufort). I attended a dinner there once and it has quite a nice atmosphere also. The prices are about $10 cheaper than Rasa, and not quite as near the beach but it's still an elegant alternative, perched on sort of a cliff overlooking the sea. They don't have a 2012 price list yet but they advised me that 2012 prices are about $100++ additional per table for Chinese course dinner or $10++ additional per person for international buffet or western set dinner.

Member annabella is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    1 twentysix looks lovely! thanks for sharing your considerations by e way, Shyanne. Informative =)

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    zaex I'm planning a beachside ceremony as well, which was why I fell in love with Rasa Sentosa's premises and the horizon ballroom looks like great too.

I didn't inquire with 1twentysix because I felt like their dining seating arrangements is not suitable for what I had in mind. I still think it's a good venue for an intimate beach side wedding though.

I did check with Amara Sanctuary for their prices, they are comparable to Rasa Sentosa's. The Glass Pavilion looks like a nice garden setting for a wedding. As far as I am aware they don't have a beach front option. Although their ballroom looks nice, I still prefer the horizon room at Rasa for the sweeping views of trees and the beach.

Another option I may consider is actually The Sentosa (formerly The Beaufort). I attended a dinner there once and it has quite a nice atmosphere also. The prices are about $10 cheaper than Rasa, and not quite as near the beach but it's still an elegant alternative, perched on sort of a cliff overlooking the sea. They don't have a 2012 price list yet but they advised me that 2012 prices are about $100++ additional per table for Chinese course dinner or $10++ additional per person for international buffet or western set dinner.

Thank you so much for your feedbacks and suggestions Shyanne!

I went to The Sentosa's website and the pics look really nice. We'll definitely look into this one too

Junior Member gclreen4 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi gers, i'm dreaming of a nice beach wedding too, but there's really quite limited choices and hard to watch the budget.

well, i've attended the wedding show by 1-twentysix in may, and it was quite an awesome experience. it started ard 4pm by showing you around. and then there is a mock up beach wedding at 6pm, even the cake cutting and toasting, and serve with their buffet spread, they also have a live band playing acoustic, perfecting the ambience as night falls! it'll be a great intimate gathering for friends and close relatives in such settings, otherwise, i think you shouldn't consider if you need a proper sit-down banquet (you know the elders :p)
    just a rough gauge of the cost, for a dinner buffet it's $12k for 100pax which you can only use the upper part of the area, if you want to extend the lower part to cater for more guests, the cost will be hike up alot. additionally, the beach wedding set up is another cost that will not be included in the package, which may cost ard $3k when i asked them, otherwise, u can always solemnise in one of their 'pavilion' at the area, can be very nicely decorated too. then there is the live band which is sort of in house, if you wanna hire them, it'll be another cost.
    if you like those night fall casual bar setting for your celebration, i think it's a really great place to hold it, so it's worth taking a trip down to have a look or ask them when's their next wedding show

as for comparison of rasa sentosa and amara sanctuary, hmm, i haven't seen rasa sentosa new look, but from you gers opinions, i think it's lovely, but after looking at the price haha, amara sanctuary is definitely cheaper than rasa sentosa horizon pavilion
    i have also attended amara sanctuary's wedding show before, they have great food there, esp the western style, their dessert buffet is awesome too, maybe can change the chinese menu dessert to this option but i'm not sure if there is additional cost in having your solemnization at the glass pavilion...

good luck to all in finding your ideal venue! i'm still twisting my brain juice haha

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thanks for your advise and comments gclreem4!

All the best to venue selection too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast