recommended bridal shop

gohlex

Hi All,

Hope I can seek a little help here.

My ROM will be on 1st of Nov and now looking bridal shop for pre-wedding shot. Is there any recommended bridal shop? My budget is around 2.5k to 3k (as I'm not local so I need only prepare for ROM and pre-wedding, that should be enough?).

Tanjong pagar seems to have quite a number of shops but I don't know where to start. any recommend good bridal shop is very much appreciated.

Thanks

rojak

I would suggest you drop by those shops to try out the gowns first. Find a shop that carries a nice gown that you like, before you settle for it (rather than signing a package, then later get into trouble because you cannot find a single gown you can wear)

Lxkd

Hi everyone! Any experiences to share about Ted Wu packages? Heard he's rather pricey but good, wondering if it's worth it?

cassey

Ted Wu is good! but the pricing is towards the high side. I heard Tanjong Pagar the service by quite a number of BS there isnt good after signing up, is it true?

Jeep

Hi,

Here's my review on Universal Bridal Studios:
Package - Pre-wedding Photoshoot

Overall Rating - 3.5/5.0
I had fun with UBS. We were to blame for our losses as we didn't do a double check on the receipt. I hope this review can help others to decide.

1. Personnel
Sales - 2.5/5.0​
Please make sure that everything that has been discussed and agreed upon is written in the receipt
Our Losses -
Cover of the Album - Ours should have been the "fiber glass" but it was not written in the receipt so they told us to pay for an additional S$300.
Freebies - They told us that HMUA will be joining us in the Outdoor Photoshoot with no additional fees but it was all forgotten when we were setting an appointment. There's an additional S$150 for this service.
Photo on canvass - This one is an exception; It was written but was misinterpreted.
Gowns - They have a separate set of gowns for indoor and outdoor. When we saw the albums during their roadshow, they told us that we can use it in outdoor photoshoot but it turns out that we have to pay for an additional S$250 for every gown.
Gowns/Suit - In the receipt, it was written that we will have 5 outfits for the studio and outdoor photoshoot. But when we went to choose our attires, they told us that it will be a combination of 2 traditional dress/victorian style and 3 evening gowns. We didn't agree as this was never MENTIONED during our purchase. And fortunately, they didn't push through it and let us have the 5 outfits.

HMUA (Head) - 5.0/5.0​
She's a real talent. She studied Hair and Make-up Artistry both here in Singapore and other countries (ie. Korea).
She can make you feel like a princess; No doubt in her skills.

ASSISTANT (HMUA/Receptionist, etc) - 4.0/5.0​
She is nice and very accommodating! I like her.

PHOTOGRAPHER - 3.5/5.0​
He is very experienced in his field. It's like his motto is - Every shot matters. He orchestrated the whole day photoshoot.
The only downside is we can feel that he was already tired towards the end of the day. Our package included the sunset shoot but he said that the day was over. So when we came in to review the photos, we didn't get anything at all from the last set. And we're a bit disappointed.

2. Others
INDOOR STUDIO - 3.5/5.0​
The studio is quite small but you'll be amazed on how much they can do with it. I suggest you browse through their sample photos to have an idea.
The setup can still be improved.

WEDDING GOWNS/SUIT - 3.0/5.0​
They have a lot of nice indoor gowns. They have the bright blue dress that I like. You can do a Frozen Theme with it.
For the outdoor, the choice is limited. Very limited.
For the suit, they only have WHITE, SILVER and BLACK.
Other option - Traditional Dress and Victorian Style.

saltia

Hi lovehearts, would like to know more about the experience with them as I just bought their package. Care to share? Thanks! :)

nvn007

I have finally selected Louvre Bridal after much consideration. I was contemplating between a few popular brands, and their service won me over with gowns and photos been equally good.

dianchan

I have finally selected Louvre Bridal after much consideration. I was contemplating between a few popular brands, and their service won me over with gowns and photos been equally good.

We took the same bridal. I just signed up with lourve bridal last Saturday. I compared a few agents and their price to Korea photo shoot is the lowest and can solve our actual day too.