+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rental of Gowns

Junior Member Peanut is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Rental of Gowns

Hi,

Do you know of any places to rent nice & afforable gowns? Thanks!

Junior Member tancm7 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Peanut

I found the following online shops in one of the forums but can't seem to find it again so I've copied them below. I went to La Vita Brides last month and Angela, the boss, is a very nice lady. She's patient and gives genuine feedbacks. Am gg to Cupidgowns this coming Sunday and will decide to have my gown custom made by one of these.

Lavitabrides located at 33A Lorong Tanggam (off Jalan Kayu) www.lavitabrides.com
    3) www.cupidogowns.com
    4) blessedbrides.weebly.com
    5) topgown.multiply.com
    6) www.justgowns.biz
    7) bridalcloset.multiply.com
    8) www.i-dazzle.com

http://onegown.blogspot.com/
    http://i-bridals.blogspot.com/

Have fun browsing!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thanks Tancm7 for sharing with us!
    Do you know the cost range for renting and MTM gown?

Junior Member tancm7 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hey Peanut

I know for La Vita Brides and Cupidogowns as I went to both but for the rest I'm not so sure. If it's not stated on the website, maybe you can email them and check it out.

For La Vita, I remember the rates are about S$200+ to S$300+ depending on the design. However, I don't seem to see the rates there anymore, it's showing only the purchase price. You can email Angela to check the rates out. I'm going for a MTM as the difference between the rate for purchase and rental is not very significant and I need the gown for an oversea photo shoot so I will take more than a few days.

For Cupido gowns, they have only rental and no MTM. If you don't fit in the gown, they can alter it for you. I must say the gowns ain't very new.

Personally, I prefer La Vita Brides as Angela is more flexible and her gowns are of better quality. If you compare to the bridal shops out there, it's definitely more worth to get it from these online shops. For MTM at bridal shops, I doubt you can get it at a few hundred dollars.

Just make an appointment with Angela and go try on some gowns. She's not pushy at all and you won't feel obligated.
    All the best!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thanks tancm7 for your sharing and recommendation!

Hope that you will get a MTM gown that you loved!!

Junior Member CupidoGowns is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    [QUOTE=tancm7;4314]

For Cupido gowns, they have only rental and no MTM. If you don't fit in the gown, they can alter it for you. I must say the gowns ain't very new.

Hi Charmaine,

This is Yee Hun from Cupido Gowns and thank you for visiting us on 17 April. We are referring to your comment that our gowns ain't very new and we seriously think your comment here about us is unjust and unfair to us.

Yes, we do provide Rental but if our gowns are being rented, it is just for once. Our firm's policy is we don't do rental for more than once and this is specifically stated in our Terms and Conditions. I apologize if I have not explained this policy to you on your day of visit. Having said that those gowns that you have tried on that day are all brand new piece and brand new designs which have just came in-store the very week before your visit.

We from Cupido Gowns are transacting business honestly and giving our assurance to our customers that if gowns that we have rented once before, we ensure that we address this to our customers. We hope we clarifies your doubt and we welcome you to visit us again in the future.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Regards,
    Yee Hun

Member poxie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi there! I found nice wedding gowns from Blessed Brides. Do check their website if you're interested.

Junior Member janicetan512 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    U guys should check out Vivian Gowns (Seng Kang), Viva Gowns (Choa Chu Kang)... they are like HDB tailors but I think their workmanship is good. Can buy, rent or MTM and it is wayyyy cheaper than those stretch at Tanjong Pagar, which I asked for ROM dresses and each one easily $380-480 just for renting and very limited range. The long dress was at 1.4K rental 0.0

Bridal Closet is not bad too but some of the gowns are not in very good condition, seems like overused.. but quite a good range available.

Junior Member rongg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi poxie, did you buy a package with blessed brides?

I'm considering them for my package (am also considering bridal veil by michelle huimin). Can I see the dress and get your feedback on their workmanship, experience etc.?

Member flowercrowns is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    do you know any rental of gowns that are still kept in good quality and have good designs.. waiting for recommendations pls

Member twinnies is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    any suggestions for wedding gown rental? planning on just renting because budget is limited.

Junior Member chanlijun is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    HI flowercrowns and twinnies ,

you girls can try Fleur D'sign , they have good quality gowns for rental and reasonable packages as well . they are a new bridal shop so most of their gowns are all brand new and lastest designs as well

I didn't rent ala crate as I took up a package with them maybe you can email them for details

Junior Member poohbear18 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    can try Fleur D'sign, last weekend I just went over , their gown rental are quite reasonable because I am having a wedding in Malaysia as well , I am thinking to buy the gown from them instead of renting it twice because they have brand new gowns for sales and the price they quoted me was quite reasonable . i tried on a few from their Elegance range which is around the 3rd Range and only at $468 for sales , i would probably be going back to get that dress as many bridal shops quoted be quite a huge amount for just to rent a simple gown . so am thinking if budget you girls can go for simpler ones , i think will be even cheaper . if i didn't remember wrongly , the sales person told me they have range starting from $150 or $180 for rental . i wanted something more grand so i haven't tried the starting range but for budget wise i think quite good .

so far from my search from many bridal shops , i have shortlisted Fleur D'sign but still open to choices coz its a one in a lifetime experience , hahaha , anybody got any suggestions ? Please share !!

Junior Member sandywong is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I actually rented my wedding gown in JB Malaysia as it is cheaper ($150 - 300) depending on design.. but you can try renting from Makeupwifstyle gowns, only ranging from $120 up, budget but think the designs are nice as well

Junior Member alanaeddy is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    planning to get mine from Fleur D'sign as well , i took up a package as i like the services hey provide but i remembered asking for ala crate pricing ,if i am not wrong starts from $150 .

Agree with chanlijun and poohbear18 that their pricing are reasonable and designs are nice as well