Review Needed - Riverview Hotel and Furama City Hotel - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Junior Member boon is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I was wondering how is furama riverfront?

Junior Member kiatzmingz is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I just booked my dinner banquet at Furama Riverfront. The perks are fantastic. Have free flow of beers and red wine. My coordinator is Rachelle. She is good by sharing with us her experience and also told us what are the pros and cons of the different ball rooms. Highly recommended! Not very sure about the food yet. I have chose the Venus Grand ballroom which is big and pillar-less. Mercury is not bad just slightly low ceiling but the pillar might be a hindering problem. Yet it is by the pool side and it's glass instead of four walls surrounding the ballroom. I have chose the pool side for my solemnization at no cost. Simple decoration will be done for the solemnization.

Member QiqiPhil is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I just had my wedding at Riverview hotel last week. This is my review:

The banquet team did a fantastic job and made our wedding a memorable one for us. The sales manager - Eileen professionalism and helpfulness has always impress us from the first meet up and throughout all our discussion.

Next the banquet manager - Sam. Not only was he was very professional, he guided and explained to us step by step throughout the whole wedding. Throughout the entire dinner, he was reassuring us that everything was fine and insisted that we just enjoy our special day and leave all other matters to him. He is definitely one of the key person that has help to make this wedding run so smoothly!!! One of my friend who was babysitting his kid outside the ballroom even mentioned to us that he was very detailed and professional. He also mentioned that the waiter has shown special attention to her wife asking if the baby required any other stuff.
    Although there was a bit of mishap during the dinner, that one of the waiter accidentally poured shark fins onto a branded bag. Sam was very efficient and has settled with the guest before we got to know it. Overall the food was good but many commented that the first lobster dish wasn't that tasty. Other than that I would say that we are very happy with the whole wedding dinner.

However we did not enjoyed our stay in the hotel. We were given a two single bed suite. Everyone who came in to our room ask us how come it was such an arrangement and it was pretty embarrassing. We decided to give and take as the staff upgraded our helpers room to the same level. But i think the counter staff should have informed us that our bed is two single bed and asked if we are okay. It was only until everything was shifted into the room then i found out myself. By then it was a bit too late as we were just so tired and rushing for other stuff. To be honest we did not manage to sleep well because there was a gap and we have to sleep separately. The TV and air-con in the living room were faulty and we have to get the technician up to repair. The TV was solved but not the air-con which we decided to leave it as we will not be using the living room much. The next day, our room was messy so we decided not to have housekeeping. Hence in the evening i called for housekeeping to bring up 2 new bath towel, glasses, tea cup and toothbrush and only the glasses came. The restaurant staff told us that the housekeeping will bring up the rest. I waited for close to two hours and no one came up. I called up again and the person said she has already arranged, no apologies and hung up my call. After a while someone came up with only two new bath towel, tea cup and no toothbrush. It's quite a huge disappointment.

We emailed our feedback to the manager and they said that the suite which was pre-booked for us had a bathtub leakage and they had to block it for repairs, while all the other suites were occupied on the day of our wedding. They mentioned that the staff concerned has since been reprimanded and all ROM and wedding suite bookings will be personally handled by the Duty Manager in future. Actually i wasn't very satisfied with the answer but decided to let it go because the main thing was my wedding went smoothly.

Junior Member Dawnie87 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi all, I'm Dawn Here. I just signed up for wedding dinner at Furama Riverfront Hotel during their workshop. For their Venus Ballroom which minimum 30tables at the price for weekday cause I took Friday. There is a lot of complementary things like free flow beer and wine for the whole dinner, 2 night stay in their suite and also 2hr camera roving during cocktail time. Due to personal reason I'm unable to have my wedding dinner on next yr end I have already paid $3000 deposit for it. So I'm wondering if anyone is interested in this hotel and I'm letting u gals to take over for jus $2000. Call me to know more detail for the complementary item for this wedding package. It's only for ppl who wants to get married on end of 2013. Call me at 93222551 or whatsapp me. Thanks.

Junior Member littlepurple is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi dawnie

is it possible to change the date to jan 2014.?

Junior Member Dawnie87 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by littlepurple View Post
    hi dawnie

is it possible to change the date to jan 2014.?
    Hi there I can call and check for u tml. Please msg me or whatsapp me at 93222551 so I can SMS u straight tomorrow. Thanks.

Junior Member wkle is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Thumbup

I just had my ROM at Riverview hotel on first week of jan'13. I agree with Qiqiphil. Eileen is really a great Sales manager. I would recommend Riverview hotel.

I would say all the staffs are very helpful. My hubby was decorating the place and the staff willing to help without asking them. They really made our day perfect, nothing to worry about. Sagita, F&B executive is an attentive person, he even notice my hubby was looking for me and they told him where I am. he is a nice and helpful person. He even brief us when we march-in, we have to walk slowly + smile.

Overall, they are great people. ! I'm thankful to have such great team to make our day perfect & memorable.

Junior Member Dezjo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi all,
    i am new here too
    am planning my wedding tentatively on 21/11/2013.
    so excited. hope you guys can assist me as this is the first time planning

Junior Member WiniGrey98 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Any recent wedding held at Riverview Hotel?