Reviews needed for banquet at The Pines Country Club

+ Reply to Thread
    Member QiqiPhil is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Thumbs down Pines Country Club

To all BTB..
    I have a very bad experience with this country club. I had actually selected this club as my wedding venue but because of a series of problems i have decided to pull out.

1) First meet up was super assuring, mention a lot of things but ask them for confirmation, they replied not sure. (such as wall mounted screens and projector were mentioned to be up in 2012 but ask them is it confirmed they replied " Honestly we are not very sure as they may have alternative plans")

2) Drafting of contract took them two weeks, i need to personally chase them 2-3 times. Until we sent an email saying we decided not to take up their venue, they become very anxious and called/email several times.

3) Called them up and they don't really remember which couple we were.

4) Ask them to give up simple specification of their free gift they took about 1 week to reply.

Probably because the coordinator is new but my friend also had bad experience with them. When my friend decided to choose another venue, they bad mouth the other venue. Sore loser!

The good thing are their package are relatively cheap, they have beautiful garden for solemnization and St Regis hotel stay.

However overall, i will not recommend.

Junior Member chewchew is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Reviews needed for banquet at The Pines Country Club

Hi all! Tried searching for review for wedding dinner at The Pines but could hardly find any.

Can anyone please share your experience in terms of the food and service? Who would be a good coordinator to work with? thanks!

Senior Member carlise is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i attended an open air wedding there, food was ok.

Junior Member chewchew is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Oh no.. I'm sorry to hear that! At least now everyone will know how their service is!

Junior Member Ruthg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

The Pines @ Steven's Road

Hi, I m looking for any reviews abt Wedding banquet @ The Pines? Pls help...

Senior Member Tenshi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    few months ago i went there for a friend's wedding ..... food wise ok, service wise ..... can totally forget it .... basically they get a few inexperience people to serve us and guess what after the first dish he cleared all of our chopsticks and he did not relise to replace us a new set till we ask for it for on the 3rd dish as the second dish is sharks fin so no chopstick is needed ..... and guess wat ... he went into the serving area took out some chopstick, and went into the kitchen and wash them .... then bring out and dry .... then pass it to us ... making me think if there is no more other clean chop sticks around ...

ask for wine he say he will get back to us which he never did .... till we realise actually no wine is serve that night ...

anyway i can only say as a guest i felt terrible but since the wedding couple seems to be happy we decide not to tell them about the service given.

Junior Member Groom4life is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    If only I haven't been that easy-going and pay that $5k deposit even without checking out other venues. Everything went downhill once I paid it. NEVER have I been so furious with any service establishment before in my entire life. Their consistent service lapses are beyond atrocious.

Ever experienced a service manager giving a really nasty face and attitude to you and all your friends as if all of you are his slaves? Ever experienced having to remind a service director more than once to find a replacement coordinator for you after all three of them mysteriously quit consecutively one by one? Ever experienced a service director blaming you for a mistake that is totally none of your business so as to cover up his own ass? Ever experienced a service manager claiming that the "police are on their way" just to get you to stop using their venue because they have FORGOTTEN to book it for you despite numerous reminders? Ever experienced the feeling of wanting to throw tens of thousands of hard-earned dollars at their faces and walking out rather than patronising their services?

Welcome to The Pines.

Junior Member Groom4life is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    If only I haven't been that easy-going and pay that $5k deposit even without checking out other venues. Everything went downhill once I paid it. NEVER have I been so furious with any service establishment before in my entire life. Their consistent service lapses are beyond atrocious.

Ever experienced a service manager giving a really nasty face and attitude to you and all your friends as if all of you are his slaves? Ever experienced having to remind a service director more than once to find a replacement coordinator for you after all three of them mysteriously quit consecutively one by one? Ever experienced a service director blaming you for a mistake that is totally none of your business so as to cover up his own ass? Ever experienced a service manager claiming that the "police are on their way" just to get you to stop using their venue because they have FORGOTTEN to book it for you despite numerous reminders? Ever experienced the feeling of wanting to throw tens of thousands of hard-earned dollars at their faces and walking out rather than patronising their services?

Welcome to The Pines.

Senior Member Sher is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    that's unfortunate, was looking at them for my wedding also. did they ever have a wedding show?

Junior Member Foong is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    wah.. really that bad!!.. my bro just attended a wedding there. will make sure to ask him about it when I go home this evening! Thanks for the review!