reviews on Universal Bridal Studio

kakarukeys

My review on Universal Bridal Studio. I think they are quite under-rated.

1. Service: tip-top, the staff who served us, Eunice and Coco are very experienced, friendly and helpful. Everything was arranged in order and went smoothly.

2. Gown selection: they are occupying a two-level shophouse in Kovan, so gown selection is not as wide as bigger shops. Be sure to walk to their shop to have a look at their gowns if wide-range gown selection is important to you. Me and my wife are satisfied with our selections.

3. Sales - very pushy, keep certain things from you initially, then add on as perks to get you sign on the package, but actually are standard items for other studios. This is standard sales tactics, used by other studios too. Be sure to do your research, know what to ask for at their booth. We got the package at quite an affordable price. Everything they promised were delivered, that's a plus point.

4. Makeup artist - Very happy with her skill. My wife has won alot of praises from ladies on her look. However she was late once during pre-wedding photoshoot :(, kept everyone waiting.

5. Photographer - Quite experienced. I asked him to try a photoshoot style very popular in Thailand. He was able to do it for us after some thinking. Also you must do your research, and select the proper photo-shoot venues, to match the theme you have in mind.

6. Indoor photo-shoot - quite small, comes with many special props, including a katana (non-sharpened one). A lot of background to choose from. This part is not our focus anyway.

7. Outdoor photo-shoot - We didn't go to Taiwan, has chosen to stay in SG. But we handpicked several good locations for photo-shooting. including two unique ones the photographer has never been before. But the outcome is fantastic. Many relatives praised the skill of the photographer.

Overall 8/10

Auntylala

Hi,

Here's my review on Universal Bridal Studios:
Package - Pre-wedding Photoshoot

Overall Rating - 3.5/5.0
I had fun with UBS. We were to blame for our losses as we didn't do a double check on the receipt. I hope this review can help others to decide.

1. Personnel
Sales - 2.5/5.0​
Please make sure that everything that has been discussed and agreed upon is written in the receipt
Our Losses -
Cover of the Album - Ours should have been the "fiber glass" but it was not written in the receipt so they told us to pay for an additional S$300.
Freebies - They told us that HMUA will be joining us in the Outdoor Photoshoot with no additional fees but it was all forgotten when we were setting an appointment. There's an additional S$150 for this service.
Photo on canvass - This one is an exception; It was written but was misinterpreted.
Gowns - They have a separate set of gowns for indoor and outdoor. When we saw the albums during their roadshow, they told us that we can use it in outdoor photoshoot but it turns out that we have to pay for an additional S$250 for every gown.
Gowns/Suit - In the receipt, it was written that we will have 5 outfits for the studio and outdoor photoshoot. But when we went to choose our attires, they told us that it will be a combination of 2 traditional dress/victorian style and 3 evening gowns. We didn't agree as this was never MENTIONED during our purchase. And fortunately, they didn't push through it and let us have the 5 outfits.

HMUA (Head) - 5.0/5.0​
She's a real talent. She studied Hair and Make-up Artistry both here in Singapore and other countries (ie. Korea).
She can make you feel like a princess; No doubt in her skills.

ASSISTANT (HMUA/Receptionist, etc) - 4.0/5.0​
She is nice and very accommodating! I like her.

PHOTOGRAPHER - 3.5/5.0​
He is very experienced in his field. It's like his motto is - Every shot matters. He orchestrated the whole day photoshoot.
The only downside is we can feel that he was already tired towards the end of the day. Our package included the sunset shoot but he said that the day was over. So when we came in to review the photos, we didn't get anything at all from the last set. And we're a bit disappointed.

2. Others
INDOOR STUDIO - 3.5/5.0​
The studio is quite small but you'll be amazed on how much they can do with it. I suggest you browse through their sample photos to have an idea.
The setup can still be improved.

WEDDING GOWNS/SUIT - 3.0/5.0​
They have a lot of nice indoor gowns. They have the bright blue dress that I like. You can do a Frozen Theme with it.
For the outdoor, the choice is limited. Very limited.
For the suit, they only have WHITE, SILVER and BLACK.
Other option - Traditional Dress and Victorian Style.

Do you know who is the HMUA?

elvachai89

We signed the package in year 2014,overall we are happy with their service.
We went overseas to Taiwan for shooting,the photos are nicely shoot.
The photographer and MUA are Taiwanese,they are young and fun person,the overall experience is enjoyable.
Our package include indoor photoshooting in SG,but the outcome was not as nice as the one at Taiwan.
However the MUA in Sg quite comparable.
On the whole,UBS delivered all the service.

Auntylala

We signed the package in year 2014,overall we are happy with their service.
We went overseas to Taiwan for shooting,the photos are nicely shoot.
The photographer and MUA are Taiwanese,they are young and fun person,the overall experience is enjoyable.
Our package include indoor photoshooting in SG,but the outcome was not as nice as the one at Taiwan.
However the MUA in Sg quite comparable.
On the whole,UBS delivered all the service.

Hi,

Do you mind sharing who is the MUA and your photographer because im going for the pre-wedding photoshoot but no ideas which one is good?