Reviews on York Hotel

+ Reply to Thread
    cxc
    Junior Member cxc is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

York Hotel

Does anyone have recommendations or cautions to point out for holding the wedding banquet at York Hotel?

Senior Member Tenshi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    first thing would recommend is to go down to take a look at their ballroom. I have went down to take a look .... errr no commnece for that I just dun like the location feel that is no too convenient for those who are not driving.

Junior Member yappie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi cxc,

I'm also interested in holding my banquet at York Hotel, Carlton Hall. Went to take a look at the set-up today and was a bit disappointed with the open concept.

Heard positive reviews on the open concept but when i walked out of the lift, the view is kind of "messy". There is no clear distinction btw reception area and the ballroom and i've this OS of "Huh, this is it?!".

This is kind of different from my first impression of the ballroom when i went for the site visit (before the set-up) few weeks back. Back then, i tot that the ballroom is quite spacious.

As for the location wise, i tot that it is quite accessible. Cos you just have to get to Goodwood Park and cut across the carpark and there is the hotel in front of you.

Ay, hope to hear some comments from anyone who had held their banquet in Carlton Hall too...

Junior Member charsiewbao is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    im gg to view the ballroom , does york hotel looks worn out? coz i saw the photos of the lobby, looks "tired"

Junior Member charsiewbao is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i went to view the ballroom on last thurs, the carlton ballroom is on level 2 and that whole level is urs! found the lights in the reception to be abit dim and w few pillars, the hotel location is just behind Mt. E or walk thru the gdwood park carpark til the end n u find york hotel... hotel appearance nothing much, not an easy place to navigate i wld say...orchard road is just 5mins walk away...the carlton ballroom is clearly lit and ballroom has no pillar but not a symmetrical ballroom (march-in tend to be abit off-centre), the stage wedding deco is kinda simple w no drape or cloth, a few stands w candles n flowers..a pleasant ballroom with a 4m high ceiling, still in the midst of consideration.

Member QiqiPhil is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I'm intending to have my wedding in Carlton Hall. I would say that the ballroom is definitely not very spacious for a minimum of 30 tables.. But at least it is pillarless and ceiling height is not that low. Reception area is reasonably acceptable not very big but not squeezy.. I think the open concept is special, it's better than using the partition, which is pretty ugly.. Toilet might be an issue when the crowd starts to come in, only 3 cubicles in the ladies not sure for man. The bridal suites is 92sqm which is very big but the suite and the ballroom is different building so require a bit of walking but still not that far so i don't mind.

Our problem is they don't provide us with a place before the wedding dinner for solemnization.. I tried to request to use the reception area or even the ballroom before my dinner however the sales personnel say can't be done because the place can only be release to us at 7pm. Then i ask for any function rooms for my solemnization but they say it is chargeable.. It is not a big issue but i thought they are not really helpful or flexible on that.. So a bit disappointed.. Then Halal food can be served individual but must be minimum 10 orders..

So anyone or friends has hold their wedding there recently can you please share you review? Thanks.

Junior Member corliss is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

any idea for york hotel 2012 wedding package?

I am looking at wedding dinner for 2012. Still sourcing for few hotels..
    any good suggestions for budget below $1k?

Moderator PerfectPixie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi corliss, welcome to Perfect Weddings! you can view York hotel pricelist here.

Junior Member el15 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi QiqiPhil

Thanks for the detailed comments on York Hotel. Find them to be v useful.

Member juxstapose is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Anyone has any recent reviews of York Hotel?

Junior Member jielinnnnn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Reviews on York Hotel

Hi All, care to share reviews on York hotel wedding banquet. (:

Junior Member pastel is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    food is really delicious and the food presentation is awesome! two thumbs up for York Hotel!

Junior Member jielinnnnn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thks for sharing! (: u went to attend wedding or ur wedding was held there?

Junior Member chuaseewee is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Interested to know more review on York Hotel, anyone have recent experience there?

Junior Member ladyisme is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hello. I went down to view York hotel carlton ball room which looks old and small to me. I can't imagine how is it going to accommodate 35tables for me. But my HTB likes it becos of the price I got no choice but to follow. Anyone have pics of carlton Hall pics?