Ritz Carlton Or Mandarin Orchard for wedding?? Please help!

lilacskies

Hi All!

I am btb in 2013 and I was trying to find more information to choose between Ritz Carlton Or Mandarin Orchard.

I do not have much choices as it is to fit about 950 pax...

Some of them said Mandarin Orchard is very good but some of them say not very good : http://www.perfectweddings.sg/forums/mandarin-orchard-singapore-168/

And some of them said Ritz Carlton is very good BUT the ballroom is very old.

My husband to be seems to prefer Mandarin Orchard but I would like to know more comments about it. It is a once in a lifetime event I hope everything can go smoothly.

Please help! Appreciate it! :)

elizh

Hi, I am also a 2013 BTB considering these two hotels.

MO is a lot cheaper, but I didn't like their reception area. I think they have a lovely ballroom though as it's newly-renovated.

I don't think the Ritz ballroom is very old; it actually looks very grand because of its high ceiling and modern-looking chandelier. My friend celebrated her wedding there recently and I was quite impressed.

I think in terms of food and service both are on a par. It boils down to your preference for the look of the ballroom, budget, and the freebies they are willing to offer!

kpi

Ritz is good in terms of service but the food... err I think you better try it first.
MO is good in terms of service and food.