Segar Vale in Bukit Panjang - Feb 2011 BTO

+ Reply to Thread
    Member applejuice is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Segar Vale in Bukit Panjang - Feb 2011 BTO

Hi brides, feb BTO is out. There is Segar Vale in Bukit Panjang. Anyone bidding?

Segar Vale:

Bounded by Bukit Panjang Ring Road and Segar Road, Segar Vale comprises seven 17-storey residential blocks. Choose from 690 units of 2-, 3-, 4- and 5-room Standard Flats.

The development’s residential blocks are designed along the perimeter of the site, creating a valley-like central space that gives inspiration to the name Segar Vale. This central space is the heart of the development, housing various facilities where the residents can bond and interact.

Segar Vale is conveniently sited next to the Segar LRT station. Hop on to the LRT train and enjoy easy travel within and beyond the town. Commuting will be further enhanced with the upcoming Bukit Panjang MRT station along Downtown Line 2. Those who drive are well-connected by the expressways.

Segar Vale is located near Fajar Shopping Centre and Greenridge Shopping Centre.

Senior Member tracylim is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i live in bukit panjang, so i know where this is. was looking out for bukit panjang flats, but previous ones were not as good. this one is pretty decent, just beside the segar lrt station. beacon primary school is just nearby also, i have always liked their school since they are one of the few schools marked as 'future schools' for using IT in the students studies. would love for my child to study there too. as for secondary school, except for bukit panjang government high, there are few other reputable secondary schools around the area.

the nearest food place would be greenridge shopping centre, which looks near in the map but from there it is actually quite a distance, about 10-15 mins walk. for those who want to get this BTO, it's best if you have a car, because going to town from there is very far and inconvenient. there is no direct bus to town unlike my area where there is 190 and 700 going straight to orchard and town areas.

i suppose most people will be going for the 4 to 5 room units. 4 room is $226,000 - $284,000 and 5 room is $298,000 - $354,000. my current house in bkt panjang is 5 room, and definitely is bigger than the current Segar Vale 5 rm floor area of 112 sqm. for couples who are going to get this BTO, do be prepared to set aside another $20-$40k on contracting work, interior design and furniture.

Senior Member honeydew is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    thanks tracy for the analysis! nowadays $300k -$400k is the norm for BTO, even in places in the east like sengkang.

Junior Member lovelynn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi all, the thread seems to be left to rust.
    ive applied for the bto 5 room and have manage to get a q no. of 200 out of 197 units. hopefully there's a high chance of getting a unit with the no. of cases ppl withdraw and give up.

have any of you receive the hdb letter for appt already?

Junior Member EllenClement is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Lovelynn

We have applied the 5 room flat too. Our q no. slightly better 193. Think you have a good chance based on the previous BTO statistics. you can check your appointment via the hdb website > Myhdbpage> my flat.

Cheers.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by EllenClement View Post
    Hi Lovelynn

We have applied the 5 room flat too. Our q no. slightly better 193. Think you have a good chance based on the previous BTO statistics. you can check your appointment via the hdb website > Myhdbpage> my flat.

Cheers.
    didnt know that we can check our appt via the hdb web! my appt will b on the 12 may. hopefully there will still b mid level floors unit available!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yeah hopefully to get mid level too..... btw my appt date is on 11 may.

Junior Member Lavena is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Been trying to get a unit around jelapang. Really difficult

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i went to check out other forum and found out that there's a FB page created for segar vale. can go check it out on the updates (: just search for segar vale

currently for 5 room, there's 5 drop out/rejected cases up to Q no. 83 as of yesterday.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi lynn

you have you choose your unit??

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by EllenClement View Post
    hi lynn

you have you choose your unit??
    hihi, yup. i went for my appt yesterday and had choosen my unit. not much left. so only manage to get a level 5.

how abt u?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelynn View Post
    hihi, yup. i went for my appt yesterday and had choosen my unit. not much left. so only manage to get a level 5.

how abt u?
    Hi lynn,
    Our preferred unit was left with 2nd storey. We went with it anyway!

By the way, did not see your name is FB. The are consolidating the list. You should add urs!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Ive just added my name in the list!

I'm at bkk 546b you at 547a? 547a&b both are hot units!

Junior Member milk gal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I get q number 185 in the end i gave up the chance...