Should I hire a Wedding Planner?

iamgracey

Hi Ladies,

Any of you girls hired a Wedding Planner for your wedding so you can feel at ease?
I'm at the initial stage of planning my wedding, and feel like getting a Wedding Planner. My work is usually very busy and I'm afraid I will miss out something important...

What are your views? :)

babyjyo

Hi Ladies,

Any of you girls hired a Wedding Planner for your wedding so you can feel at ease?
I'm at the initial stage of planning my wedding, and feel like getting a Wedding Planner. My work is usually very busy and I'm afraid I will miss out something important...

What are your views? :)

Getting one may not be really required. Today, most of the better hotels already give a comprehensive wedding package which would include everything already. So, when it comes to the actual day itself, what is needed to worry is mainly those things to do would be those pre-hotel activities such as gatecrashing, church wedding, tea ceremony (if doing at home), etc. Unless, you are doing it at a non-hotel venue (e.g. Outdoors), it may be more advisable to engage a wedding/events planner when there are more logistics to handle.

Apart from the hotel, the other main things would just be the gowns/suits, photographers, videographers, and make up artist.

chocoloco

If you have people who can help you look for suppliers, etc then I think it's okay not to get one but if you really have no experience in planning a wedding, I suggest you get a wedding planner because they can be of great help. :D

poxie

if you honestly feel that you can handle the preparations yourself then it's okay. But if you're having difficulty and always stressed about the preparations, then I suggest you hire a wedding planner.

strawberrypuff

if you feel you don't have the capacity to plan the wedding by yourself, you can get the supervision of a wedding planner. i think it's less stressful that way especially if you do not have any experience.

Christine86

I am thinking of getting one too.. But beware of Tirtha Wedding, new company, the so called 7 years experience planner from Japan don't seems to even know what is he doing. I have not met them, only communicate thru email....

mehmeh

I think it really depends on what you want :) Having a planner is always good because they'll make sure you get everything done and you won't have to panic on your AD! However, if you want to save money, you can just use a checklist and make sure you do it yourself and it'll be equally good!