'French Paris 法國巴黎' any reviews??

Haze

dear ladies,

i've signed with 'French Paris 法國巴黎', a Taiwan based established company today during their roadshow here. http://www.fpwed.com/about.html

The thing is i sign without reading any reviews (which is too daring i think...), so i was justing wondering if anyone can provide me any precious feedback if you have any experience with this company?

Thanks!!

Madniki

Hi,
i was there looking at their package yesterday. would like to check with you what package and how much they're offering u?

Haze

hi Madniki,

actually i've signed an agreement with them not to divulge online the whole package price and what it includes.. ok in summary, total price i paid is $2600 without hotel as i wanna choose my own hotel. Got all the necessary stuff :)
i went to their website and do homework on all feedbacks after i've signed with them. They're considered very reputable in Taiwan. More on the 'high end' side. Even their shop is.
And trust me, their pictures and photography skills surpass many other agencies. I'm happy to sign with them and am certain that i've made the right choice after i went to their website comparing with others.
Hope this helps :D

Madniki

hi Haze,
i see... they actually offered my friend n i @1500-1800 package ( 2 couples) with 2 night hotel, for their usual package of 3688.. all upgrade to class A for dress.. only no transportation, MUA not included for out door shooting..

but we were kind of tight budget as we just got e flats, thus did not sign up.. want to do more homework before deciding..

when will u be going over for ur PS? mind share with us e experience, their service & photos etc details? =D

Haze

hi madniki,

wow that's a good rate.. but how many photos? i got 52.. Dress all i can choose. Transportation included 8 hrs. Think different sales person offered different rates.. as usual.
I'm going over for shooting in June next year. I trust their photgraphy skills after comparing with all Taiwan studios.. eh but communication can be a slight problem.. have to type in chinese, arrange dates and everything over emails they don't usually reply..and i got to call their shop ultimately.
Yep, i'll share everything after i finish the shoot..which is like another 1 yr away .

Madniki

hi madniki,

wow that's a good rate.. but how many photos? i got 52.. Dress all i can choose. Transportation included 8 hrs. Think different sales person offered different rates.. as usual.
I'm going over for shooting in June next year. I trust their photgraphy skills after comparing with all Taiwan studios.. eh but communication can be a slight problem.. have to type in chinese, arrange dates and everything over emails they don't usually reply..and i got to call their shop ultimately.
Yep, i'll share everything after i finish the shoot..which is like another 1 yr away .

Hi Haze,
they only offred me 34 photos.. notransport and MUA for outdoor shooting..:glare:

wonder how much your packge cost around? a rough estimation??:)

spottydotty

this is my sister's bridal shop. they're very popular in taiwan and has a good name. they were very attentive with the bride's needs. the gown was lovely and they enjoyed the wedding photo shoot because of the venue. thankfully, the photos turned out very good.

gwoshiou88

Not so good experience in french paris

Dear Friends from Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia & All Around the world,
Do take some time to read my review if you want to save BIG in your wedding. This is my experience when I flew to Taiwan to take my Pre-Wedding Photo-shoot.

This Bridal Shop have some unethical technique to extort your money, especially during the time when you select your photos

1) The worst part! They will randomize all your photo and you only can pick the photos one at a time, so that’s mean your photo is not in order and is harder for you to choose, you may have a similar pose with the same gown but because of the randomization these photos will be split out. Thus imagine, we have 380 ++ photos to choose from and you must remember which one you already pick. I ask them a few times whether we can choose the photos in the correct order but they refuse to do so and say this is the only way to choose the photos. But after we paid them SGD 4,183 (TWD 88,000 or MYR 12,550) for additional 100 photos, viola! suddenly we can choose the photos in the correct order and have drag and drop function like how it should be!!

2) Full of lies and pressure and hard sell! They will keep on pressure you to take up more photos by using time factor and also the story board of your album. For the overseas newlywed, time is essential and they will use this to pressure you, as we only stay two more nights in Taiwan, they offer to print us our 床头照 first for us to take back if we can choose the photo’s before 4pm, which seem to be a nice gesture to help us save our shipping fees. However, this is just another technique for them to pressure you to choose faster (Choose more photos with less thinking time), now I think about it initially they ask us to pick our time slot 130pm and 4pm, so does it mean if we pick 4pm they can’t print it out for us and they didn’t even inform us about this beforehand. Thus, don’t be fool as I think they can get this done by one working day. Stay Calm and take your time to choose your photos.

3) About the story board, as we pick the album that they called “排版”, which is just actually a collage of 2-3 photos in one page instead of one photos in one page, they will use this to pressure and say if too few photos they can’t do it, they initially offer a package of additional of 200 photos for SGD 9K ++ (TWD 200K ++ or MYR 28K ++ ). They mention you need to have at least 120 photos to do that album but in the end I pick 136 photos and they suggest me to split into two albums. So actually, in my opinion just around 60 photos is more than enough to do the “排版” album, don’t be fooled like me. They never give us a less than 100 photos option by the way as they are worried about their commission and hard sell you the best as they can.

4) They abuse your kindness, if you choose less photo they will say your photographer will be sad and words like 对不起你的摄影师 but the true fact is they just want you to add more photo and get more money out of you. So stay firm my friends! They are good in talking you in to sign more and even cry along with my wife, they are very good in what they do (Cross Selling you more photos), thus be calm, stay firm and remember you have the right to not choose additional photos or even just add 1 or 10 photos to your liking, is your money (and they desperately want it!)

5) Thus, my advice to you all that already sign their package is not to worry, discuss the amount you want to spend beforehand with your partner, go earlier on that day so you will have more time to choose, use a pen and paper to help you select the photo such that you are not affect by the randomization, if you have 5 set of gown write down each set you want to choose how many photos so that you stay organize and optimize the number of photos you need in your album. The photos and makeup artist is good so don’t worry too much!
Oh and for my overseas friends, if you use your credit card to pay, remember to pay using with the local currency(TWD) instead of your own card country currency (SGD or MYR or..) as the conversion rate will be bad and you will incur some currency conversion fees. For my example, I should have pay only SGD 4000 but the sales person without my consent just decided to charge me using my card currency (SGD) and the total came out to be SGD 4,183 and when I check my bill my bank charge me another SGD 42 for the currency conversion, thus my bill came out to be SGD 4,225 which SGD 225 more (ouch!). Thus, you can either ask France Paris to negotiate more and absorb the exchange rate or you must bear all the charges!
Finally, they wanted to use my photo as ‘model’ photo to display in their shop, thus the price I paid is so called “discounted”, thus I paid SGD 4200 ++ (MYR 12,670, TWD 92,400) just for the additional photo excluding the initial pre-wedding photoshoot charges, you can imagine the huge of bill I got myself into, hope you all stay calm and think wisely before making any decision. Good Luck my friends.
Hope my review will help you all please comment or PM me if you need more advice/help. And I also truly hope France Paris法國巴黎 to not use this kind of technique especially “randomization” of photo.

P/S: This is just my point of view, if you go do more research in Taiwan google, you will see a lot of people give negative review too. This is one of the top post when you search 法國巴黎評價 in google Taiwan: http://shirley310.pixnet.net/blog/post/25847109-法國巴黎~~凹很大之選婚紗照
They have start doing this since 2009… read and decide for yourself..

mszpss

They are still very pushy and unwilling to provide more information when requested. Anyhow quote package prices want you to sign immediately