Bridesmaid v Sisters

ice88

I know this is a rather stupid question but I am quite confused.

Is there a difference between bridesmaids and sisters?

What are the roles played?

Tenshi

errrr i think thats no difference la just that the ang mo call it bridesmaid and most chinese call it sisters or ah yi.

basically they are the helpers.. hehehe

roles play?? depends... some are there to help, some are there just to look pretty.

cheesecake

bridesmaid = the maid for the bride. LOL~!!!

Aiyah.. basically they are there to help la. But well, i agree with Tenshi that some of them are just present to look pretty and do nothing.

Sisters is also considered as bridesmaid ma.

meiligurl

bridesmaids = sisters. role is to help the bride from planning to the actual wedding day... especially when groom-to-be is not as hands on as we want them to be.

chanel

sisters help to gatecrash! haha. pretty much the same as bridesmaids la, although you can have more sisters than bridesmaids during the gatecrash. need not have as many bridesmaids during your ceremony. :)

Lovely

@chanel - agree need not have too many
@meligurl - basically they help in gate crashing and taking care of your little needs here and there.

misty

I think bridesmaids are a nuisance. They create such a nuisance in the wedding. they are so greedy to ask for ang pows from the groom. awful indeed.

pearlyn

@misty, it's more of a fun thing.. if you dont want bridesmaids, you can just get yr sister to be one.. then wont cause such a commotion :)

Yanz

Hi, I'm new here... I think there's a little difference... I heard from my sis... she told me that bride will have only 1 bridemaid (Normally one of ur close friend)... and this bridemaid will be the lead of the sisters gang... =x

Jiemin

The only 1 is call the maid of honour & Best man.
The others who help up is called the bridesmaids and the groomsmen.
maid of honor should be the 1 who take care of you during the whole wedding.
Like touch up, be there for you when you are nervous and get you some food so who won't go hungry and organize the bridesmaids.
Best man, to safe keep the wedding bands, organize the groomsmen, help groom to drink on banquet.

girlinlove

in my case, my closest sister became my maid of honor and my other sisters and close friends were the bridesmaids. each one of them helps in planning the wedding and make sure that i am all set for the wedding.