DIY/ Non-conventional ceremonies

missyf

Hie!

I've just been poposed to this mth :love: , and have been looking here for ideas. Many girls here are looking at BS for that one stop solution, are there any who are planning to celebrate differently?

Eg: Creating wedding flavours by yourself, having unique wedding venues and even designing your own dresses? What about mixed race marriages and how you deal with it?

tracylim

Congrats missyf! :D and welcome too haha.. I am planning to go to Bali for my pre-wedding photoshoot. I am prolly not getting a 1 stop solution as I think photography companies can come up with more beautiful photos compared to BS photographers. Still thinking about the wedding venue.. I am hoping to spend more for a longer honeymoon so might not have a hotel banquet dinner.. might consider a poolside venue instead. how about you? have you thought of any ideas? :)

missyf

Harrow Tracy, thanks for replying :)

Bali sounds exciting! Agree that some of the photograph's differ in quality.. Photographers main business is photography, not split for profit..Poolside wedding! I was just at one at changi village hotel, but space is so limited, i only saw like..8 tables? But nicely decorated. They had an arch above the swimming pool.

For myself.. a dusk wedding outdoors, or a venue that is more conducive to a band and lotsa dancing and alcohol? lol. Still deciding. In the end i will have to come down to earth and be practical.

tracylim

Oooh an arch above the swimming pool, that looks cute :p I have been to Bali a few years ago and simply love their beach, the sand is soo fine and the sunset is very beautiful.

heyy I think thats a pretty cool idea for a wedding! And it can be practical too! In the other thread here Belinda asked for ideas about a rooftop bar as a venue. Maybe can consider having a buffet dinner at the bar with live band and then after the whole wedding event is nearing to the end your guests can enjoy themselves in the dance floor, it can be a great social party for all your guests who are singles too hehe :tongue: