Wedding expenses checklist?

Fairy29

Dear all,

Is there anyone who can share your miscellaneous wedding expenses checklist. I refer to the expenses that will be incurred in additional to the wedding package and banquet cost. For example, Ang baos required for the AD's distribution, parent's coat / dresses, sister & brother's wear, wedding stuff - an chuan, printing of invites, wedding band performance on AD, wedding shoes, AD photo/videography etc...

Seemed like the list just goes on and on... :eek:hmy:

So I hope there can be some ready checklist which can help me to organise and budget for these "hidden" expenses...

Thanks in advance to all! :D

Isaacchew

Hi fairy, before u plan for a wedding.. It's good that u start to discuss with ur partner n work out a budget. If not u guys hav to carry a big sum on ur back. and of coz everyone wants their wedding to be the grand. But do think of the next step unless u have no plan to have ur own house n kids.
Usually a average couple will spend on their wedding other than dinner
1. photoshoots-$3000+($1000 for additional photo, unless ur mentality is strong n will not tempt by the amazing pics)
Usually the bridal shop have package for flowers,parent coats n video what can total up to$4-5k.
If really on budget I suggest u go jb to check out for better offer.:)
2. Prepare for a honeymoon trip (most ppl want Europe trip but I prefer somewhere peaceful like new Zealand)
3.ang bao wise let ur parent to settle...but do take note! Within ur limit.

Blah blah blah...everything is about $40k

Well, Theres too many thing to list out. Maybe u can take some time browse this website (really useful)
All the best for ur search n happy marriage.:)

bchris964

Everyone has to do something on his wedding.So the expenses are necessary here for any lively marriage.I see this link and find enough expenses so I decide we should plan according to our budget.

littlewanderer

Hi fairy, before u plan for a wedding.. It's good that u start to discuss with ur partner n work out a budget. If not u guys hav to carry a big sum on ur back. and of coz everyone wants their wedding to be the grand. But do think of the next step unless u have no plan to have ur own house n kids.
Usually a average couple will spend on their wedding other than dinner
1. photoshoots-$3000+($1000 for additional photo, unless ur mentality is strong n will not tempt by the amazing pics)
Usually the bridal shop have package for flowers,parent coats n video what can total up to$4-5k.
If really on budget I suggest u go jb to check out for better offer.:)
2. Prepare for a honeymoon trip (most ppl want Europe trip but I prefer somewhere peaceful like new Zealand)
3.ang bao wise let ur parent to settle...but do take note! Within ur limit.

Blah blah blah...everything is about $40k

Well, Theres too many thing to list out. Maybe u can take some time browse this website (really useful)
All the best for ur search n happy marriage.:)

tnx for sharing this very useful info :)

cherryblossom01

Wedding Venue
Reception Venue
Catering
Photography/Vide
Flowers
Cake
Entertainment
Dress/Suit/Shoes
Stationery
Veil/Headdress
Mother/MIL outfit