Does anyone feel that love fades after a while?

sweetthots

I've been with my bf for almost 6 years. as time passes, i feel that my love for him is fading and turning into something more like companionship love. does any one feel this way too? or am i the only one?

Jazed

I think it's because the relationship had become stagnant cause you guys have been at a stage for too long and there is no more "Up-Level" eg proposal, wedding and all that.

kpi

I understand what you mean, you are now at a cross road in which you must decide whether is time to get marry and move on to the next stage or break up so that both have a chance to find new partners.

There will be lots of what if I break up will I find another person. Is it worth all the effort since you put in 6 years in the relationship.

Since life is not a game where you can restart again, is good to chose wisely.

This usually happens if the relationship drags too long and you feel very tired.

lv

at the start it's very exciting with many things happening like preparing for wedding. but all these are temporary, things will calm down after a while. personally i'm looking forward to that, now it's too hectic for me! enjoy going travelling with yr partner etc.

bearbear

Well some people really think that love fades, and that goes for me also. Love fades after a while especially if you don't put in the effort to make your partner feel special and loved. Love must be a 2-way, give-and-take relationship. If one doesn't contribute to make the relationship go strong, then love may eventually fade. :)

Keying

I think it's a process everyone goes through, and that happens sometimes where there is no new "excitement" in the relationship, where you feel that your love fades as everything has been at a constant.
Think about it: have you two done anything exciting or fun together over the past few weeks or months or so? Maybe a small getaway, just the two of you, would help. But if it still fades away, maybe, just maybe, you should do something about it.
Rememeber to decide wisely, good luck :)

icylemon18

You and ur bf have been together for 6 years. There must be something that is holding u 2 together. And that's why u 2 are still persevering on in this relationship.

You and ur bf may want to reminisce the past by going through the photos u 2 took together the last 6 years. Recall how you 2 get to the decision to want to be together. It may bring back sweet memories.

Good luck! :)

bighearts

I do agree with icylemon18. 6 years? That's not a joke. And these days it's kinda rare to find a couple who is able to make a relationship last that long.

Maybe your relationship just needs some refresh. Spend more time together, travel with him to places you haven't been before, make little surprises everyday... And remember, the small things are those that usually take a big place in our hearts. :) More years to come for you and your bf! :)

creamydreamy

I get what you're talking about. Maybe because you've know each other for so long, you long to do something new. I suggest you both talk things out first. :)

jeany

Hmm. This happened to me too. It was the relationship before I met my husband. We were together for a long time that suddenly, we consider the other as mere companions only, not lovers. We didn't make an effort to give spice to the relationship and spend more bonding time. Needless to say, we decided to break up but we're still good friends. :)

romantica

i guess that really happens to couples who have been together for quite some time already. maybe you just need to unwind and add some spice into your relationship. :)

Erkumkum

It happened to me also. After an year of my relationship it started fading so finally I decided to ask him for breakup. I don't know why it happens :(