who pays what?

huixian123

your views and opinions?

from pre wedding shoot > bridal package > guo da li > fengshui master (to pick auspicious date) consultation > car rental > anything u can think of in between the process > and finally, the AD <:

museatheart

In our case, we agreed that the groom will pay from everything but the bridal package will be paid by the side of the bride and the expenses of the wedding banquet was split between us.

BliuAmber

Other than the Si Dian Jin, everything is 50-50. This is also a common practice among my friends (brides) who are in the workforce.

blissgal

Some of the items he paid, while some I paid. we didn't specify who pay what, but we maintain a spreadsheet to record who pay what.

coffeebeanies

we totaled our entire expenses and decided to split it in half. we didn't end up paying that much since we already saved some money for it. :)

eyelash

Hi all,

I still feel there might be some expenses that could not be split.
Like the groom's side got to pay for gold, bride's price and guo da Li gifts.
And the bride's parents got to pay for daughter's dowry and gold.

And in cases where only one side has got many friends and relatives coming to the morning ceromony and wants to cater lunch buffet, then I guess it's not fair to split this bill also.

And usually the bride will want to pay for their own shoes, accessories, manicures and some bridesmaids expenses.