ROM and Banquet in Riverview Hotel!

xiaoyan

River View Hotel

hi all~! did any btb took river view hotel into considerations? anyone when there for wedding dinners,banquet before or had sign with them? mind sharing your experiences and views?? :laugh:

poshberries

I am helping my colleagues to book function rooms recently and happened to browse River View's hotel info. I got invited down to River View personally by their co-ords. Their service is great and pleasant and they have got a great restaurant serving nice food. But I would not recommend couples to book banquet with them because the ballroom is not pillar-less and with low ceiling height about 2.5m only. Most importantly, it is slightly old and traditional because it is not renovated for years. But something really nice to share with all, their rooms have been all renovated, so it is clean & new and their views for sceneries were definitely excellent. They have birds' eye view for Clarke Quay & part of River Valley. You could even see the river if you happened to reside in one of the rooms facing it. And they have executive lounge for guests staying in executive level suites/rooms including the bridal suite. You'll get to enjoy this perk if you book your banquet with them. Always check with them for more info & details. So depends if you prefer a good ballroom with less sceneric view or a normal ballroom with excellent scenery view. Hope this helps. Thanks!

rosepetals

hey posh, thank you so much for all your advice! been reading your posts, thanks for sharing your experiences with us and helping us out. :D hope your wedding planning is going good! :)

hi xiao yan, i agree with posh on the rooms, my SO and I stayed at riverview for a night and loved it so much, it was very romantic. hehe. :wub:

rojak

Date: Saturday, 7 May 2011
Time: 1pm - 5:30pm
Venue: River View Hotel,
Lily Ballroom
Cost: $38 nett per couple (inclusive of Hi-Tea Buffet and $28 Food Voucher)

First 50 couples who sign up during Wedding Fair receive:

* 5% off wedding package for couples who sign up during the Wedding Fair
* An extra night's stay in Bridal Suite (valued at $400++)
* An invitation to Appreciation Cocktail hosted by the General Manager

candicesai

River View Hotel for Solemnisation

Hi all,

Anyone heard of the place or have any experience in there?

They have a garden terrace which I am interested. But no reviews of it so it be nice if anyone can share their experience with them. :)

alantic82

So anyone booked with Riverview or went for dinner at Riverview before? how's service and all?

Went down to visit Riverview Lily ballroom with WTB,

Some of my thoughts.
1)The Reception/ cocktail area is not bad , bigger than some hotels nearby of similiar pricing. they will use the whole Camellia ballroom size as reception area.

2) Lily ballroom only have 1 pillar blocking if you take maximum 34 tables. If less than 30 tables , then will be pillarless. ( ceiling height not as high as those 5 stars hotel though. )

3) New coordinator is Eileen, friendly and experience and explain in details of packages to us in patience and clear mode.

4)

poshberries

Hi, of course I do. This is a famous hotel for Japanese patrons. They have excellent in-house room designed specially for japanese couples. And they just recently refurbished the hotel, including all the rooms. You can to enjoy breakfast through the club lounge which is only offered to executive in-house customers (business, executive suite and bridal customers) which is located at their high storey, so that you can oversee the whole stretch of river across the River Valley area. Their dining restaurant offers excellent spread of dishes which is very delicious as I have tried it several times. Do give it a consideration. You may look for Jane if you need anything from River View hotel. Hope this helps. Thanks!

kawaiiwan86

Rom @ riverview hotel? Anyone? Need fedback..

was thinking to held my ROM @ RiverView Hotel, but so far i didn't found anyone ROM before. Does the service and foods good there? Need some review...

y2kwhitelove

Wedding banquet at riverview hotel

Hi to all BTB & GTB
Anyone have went to riverview hotel for wedding dinner or held their wedding there recently? May I check with u all how is the food and venue like?

skhappy

hey there!
i chanced upon riverview hotel, they seem to have really good packages and complimentary items as well. Have anyone held their solemnization at this respective hotel. Would appreciate it if you could share your experiences with me! Thanks! :)

kiteflyer

hi. we also shortlisted Riverview Hotel, thinking that it's an ideal venue for a small and intimate wedding. we love the facilities!

skhappy

that was what i thinking too! but i read some bad reviews on other wedding forums. so stressed! hahaha. when's your big day? :)

kiteflyer

hehe it really pays to look through reviews first, both good and bad reviews so we'll be able to make the best decisions :)
november or december this year, not yet settled though. how about yours?

skhappy

same sentiments! thats why i'm looking through forums very frequently, and weighing my options too. wow! congrats to you in advance :) my solemnization will be in July, AD december 2014. Cannot do both ROM and banquet on the same day due to tight budget and arrival of my flat in 3rd quarter this year.