Ramada Hotel Singapore

pacman

Yes, I had explored the venue even though it's still under construction. :) It's around 15-20 minutes walk from the Novena MRT station if you know the way. The pricing for 2013 looks good as there's discount but it's not so attractive for 2014 when the price reverted to normal.

Woody

The price is really attractive. But could only put up to max 26 tables. I heard that the grand opening is in April'13.

shoppingger

hi Jpsfoo, have u been down to check-out the hotel and ballroom? any reviews?

Ramada is having a roadshow at Vivocity this weekend.

missdotx

I went to the place 3 days ago. Seems like they aren't ready to open yet. Location wise is really abit out. Had to make a few rounds before I found the place. Parking will be a issue too I think.

shambolic

I just check out the venue today, it was really nice! Quiet place, the small park is pretty as well.
The ballroom is nice with no pillar, mid high ceiling. The recept area is consider big actually. Everything looks very new.
No bridal suit, so will be given just a normal premium/delux room? But there will be 2 night stay during the promotion period now.
There's swimming pool too.

However location is a little out, and not sure about the foodwise. But the price and perks is very attractive. I might be taking the dinner for 2014 :)

saccharine

i've seen their wedding package.. not bad at all :) but then again, if you're gonna choose a wedding venue, one of your considerations should be accessibility, meaning to say, your guests should not have a hard time looking for the venue.

Chupagin

Im considering them for banquet dinner in 2014 too. They dont have any suite thus only normal hotel room is given. The nearest MRT is Novena which is about 10-15 min walk away, Ramada have a shuttle bus service too which come with a 1 hr interval time. But the menu slightly a bit turn off though. Their first package menu is way more attractive. Anyone have confirmed with them?

shambolic

I've confirmed the package with them. Even the location is a little out, it is only for a day and it's my special day as well. If the guests are really particular about the location, I guess you shouldn't be inviting them too. Keep my finger cross on the food, but it's really a nice hotel, go check it out!

xiaoniuniu

I booked with hotel yesterday!

When i visit yesterday, the hotel is still under last minute 'construction' before their opening.

AHKB

Ramada has a very nice ballroom (Balestier Ballroom) in the oriental style. Price of their package is also very attractive. Only drawback I would say is the hotel location..

jesslam03

I've also confirmed my booking with them on 24 May 2014. The price they gave is still 2013 de! So it's really good! Location wise, I think quite nearby to my guests' house, cause it's central area, despite it's in e lil corner surrounded by other architects. I'm planning to have a vintage wedding, finds the area quite good for photo taking and can save a lot of time from the photo taking venue to the hotel, so maybe can have more rest

MaryBrown

I personally attended a wedding dinner recently at Ramada Singapore at Zhongshan Park which is a newly built hotel, therefore the ballroom was beautifully decorated with a cosy ambience.

Unfortunately, it was also the lack of experience from the banquet team that practically ruined the whole dining experience. First of all, what is a wedding banquet without a proper march-in display for the starter course? Absolutely nothing?! The time interval for the food served for each course was rather inconsistence. I have not finish my fish when they started to dish out the next course. They finally made me wait for about 30mins for the dessert to be served.

It does not help when most of the banquet staff were young students and struggled to cope with the heavy plates and bowls. Their lack of trainings and inexperience were exposed when a few times they served the food without distributing out new plates to us. I was keeping an eye for myself when they weaved around the narrow gaps between the tables to serve food and drinks in a unsteady manner. It was not long before accidental spillage of wine hit 2 guests. There was a commotion between the banquet supervisor and the banquet staff right in front of us (How unprofessional!). The groom even had to drag them out of the ballroom to settle their dispute.

I heard from the groom that there was a major screw up from the hotel in the march-in for the started course. Due to the new start up, he had difficulties to get help from the hotel in IT support in terms of the video and audio equipment.

It was not all bad experience after all. Certain dishes was delicious and unique as compare to other banquet dinner I have attended. Personally, I would not want to take chances on a new hotel established for my own wedding. The embarrassments of a disastrous wedding dinner was too much to bare for a newlywed.