Need Help...Battered Girlfriend

purpledaze

Me and my boyfriend started dating on February 2012 and we became an official couple on August 2012. During the first few month he was very sweet, caring and understanding. Last January 2013 he proposed to me but after his sweet and romantic proposal everything has changed. He became overprotective and he would often lock me inside my pad. There were also times wherein he slapped me very hard because I came home late.

Now, I don't know whether I will break-up with him. I love the guy so much. I always wanted to talk to him about the sudden changes on his attitude but i am quite scared that he might harass me again :(

Can you please help me decide? What shall I do? :eek:hmy:

iamgracey

I think you should have a chat with him. To me, a guy hitting his woman is a no-no. Is he under some stress or something? If he does it again, I suggest you leave.. If he can be like this before marriage, he definitely can do the same after you guys are married. And then, there's no turning back..

purpledaze

I think you should have a chat with him. To me, a guy hitting his woman is a no-no. Is he under some stress or something? If he does it again, I suggest you leave.. If he can be like this before marriage, he definitely can do the same after you guys are married. And then, there's no turning back..

Thank you for your advice.. We share the same thoughts. I really don't know what to do with our relationship. I love him so much and I am still positive that he will change. Do you think consulting a psychiatrist would help him?

loveyou

Thank you for your advice.. We share the same thoughts. I really don't know what to do with our relationship. I love him so much and I am still positive that he will change. Do you think consulting a psychiatrist would help him?

You may try bringing him to a psychiatrist but be very careful and vigilant since he may not like the idea. How about you visit a wedding counselor instead?

cookiesncream

if your boyfriend harassed you and you could no longer take it, you may file a legal complaint against your boyfriend. I know its a bit harsh but that would surely serve him a lesson

chocoloco

If your boyfriend hurts you physically, then I think it's a wake up call. Maybe you should start thinking where your relationship is going. No woman deserves to be slapped around, especially by the person who claims to love you. Maybe you should start seeking advice from the people close to you. If you want to confront or talk to your boyfriend, be sure to do it with another person in the room, a person who would protect you if he gets angry and hurt you again.

cubbyhui87

I feel is gd tt u let him know u didnt like him treating u this way. B4 marriage, alrdy slap u.. what is more to come after marriage. If he is willing to listen and change, gif him a chance and observe b4 rom. If not, is time to move on. Ultimately, we can only advise u, but u will be e one making the choice

silkiebabe

i'm sorry to hear that... honestly, i want to tell you to call off the relationship if he has anger issues and he hits you constantly. you do not deserve that kind of treatment.

yaniness

I strongly suggest you leave that man and that relationship. The fact that this has been done repeatedly means that he has issues with his temper and takes it out on you.

hectorconey12

I strongly agree with the replies above. Talk about this with your boyfriend and tell him what you really feel about getting hit by him. If he keeps doing this, I suggest you leave him. It will only get worse for you.

booknerd

look for a counselor to help you resolve this. but if things start to get worse, don't hesitate to leave your bf

cottoncandy

You should talk to him... if you feel like you need to end the relationship, do it. no woman deserves to be in a miserable relationship.

purplewings

there is really no excuse...i hope you don't get caught up in an abusive relationship... it's better, IMO to leave him...

liciachai

A man should not hit a woman regardless what happen! I suggest either you talk to him regarding this issue if not the best for you to really sort out your thinking before getting marry to him. He had already slapped you before marriage, who knows what he will do after marriage?