Need advise on wedding lunch better or dinner?

snowbell09

Going for lunch. End the day fast haha.
Not budget too as the lunch we are looking at is equivalent to dinner cost too.

allies28

I think dinner is still better and more traditional. Although nowadays more and more people are having lunch instead.

Summerbaby

I have planned for wedding lunch because the guests will not need to rush if the event ends late.
Infact after the lunch, they can have another round of their own gathering session.

fishmish

i really prefer a wedding dinner because it's much more intimate and then after we can go have some drinks and just have fun. :)

shoppingger

I'm contemplating btw both too.

Actually, in most ballrooms, u can't really tell its day or night time. N packing the schedule has its merits as the day is shorter n groom/bride less tired when it comes to entertaining guests n taking table photos.

But i do agree need to plan schedule well if its lunch due to time constraints. Some do tea ceremony at the hotel, some do solemnization on stage

raindance

I really prefer dinner since you have more time to relax after the wedding, same as for the guests, relatives, and friends too.

shoppingger

How about losses? I tend to check rates before attending weddings to ensure i cover my own cost. Do u think ppl (who don't check rates) tend to "under give" coz they think lunch is cheap? I feel that dinner rates r increasing so fast that many may not have kept up with it

Not trying to see if which option will "earn" but rather, polling to see if one will make more losses than the other

chopple

i think lunch is better too cos the guests won't have to rush to go especially those weddings held on weekdays or sundays when they have to work the next day...

pretzelle

I think a wedding dinner is much more intimate and formal in some way. The food choices seem to be a little different than what they serve during lunch too. The wedding lunch is simpler than the wedding dinner.