Si Dian Jin - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Si Dian Jin

Member lassymoo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    pinnpinnn: haha! an anniversary gift could be something else that you would like instead of another ring. we may hv 10 fingers but doesn't mean we wear 10 rings on all of them...hahah not esp if they were all sparkly diamond pieces!

Member butteriecup is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    that's true. nowadays, a lot of women prefer white gold because it looks more modern than traditional gold.

Junior Member wwppll is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    for me, am planning to forgo si dian jin for my wedding. honestly feel that it can be cut coz i wont be wearing it anywhere. and no sense to keep it for value, so many forms of investments around. luckily our families are quite open-minded and n don't feel bounded by traditions

Junior Member daphn3t is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    My MIL told my boyfriend to go shopping with me for si dian jin, and just claim from her. We are both not teochews, but I won't reject if she wants to give! :P

I think I prefer yellow gold because the meaning behind the 'gift' is for the bride to use in case of emergencies, so white gold is more expensive but yet not much value, as compared to yellow gold. White gold may be trendy now, but might not be the case when I want to pass it down to my future daughters.

Member 0630han is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    My non teochew frenz also got si dian jin. My mil offer to give si dian jin & asked me to choose something that I will wear, so went shopping with my htb.

Member dandelion is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    getting a white gold is actually a lo better than yellow one. it suits anything. i guess your mother-in-law will like it as a gift.