Solemnisation Venues - Page 11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Junior Member woonaren is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Ladies, I did my solemnization at the ARTS House. Anyone need infor, can pm me.

Junior Member samuellau7 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    The Sentosa Glass House is a nice venue for ROM/Solemnisation and weddings. Location facing sea and garden infront of the glass house. Too bad it is only till the end of 2012. After then it will not take anymore events.

p3i
    Junior Member p3i is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I was looking for a venue that caters 50pax....budget about 4k any suggestions?

Junior Member weikeat is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hey Ladies, any suggestions for a private solemnization event with lunch (max 70 pax), but budget falling under 4k? I tried searching for hotels (the ones that we prefer charges min. $85 per pax). We wanted to rent a venue (e.g. Burkill Hill, GoodWood Park), but the rental itself without the proper set-up would hit around 1000 odd. Any suggestions?

Junior Member Yenyen8 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    How about the Gardenasia? I feel a not bad venue for ROM too. Anyone knows the price or package ROM in Gardenasia for ard 50pax? Thank you

Member spring_tomorrow is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I did my wedding lunch reception at Colonial @ Scotts which is a lovely colonial house along Scotts Road, just next to the SK-II boutique spa. I had 6 round tables of 11pax each together with the buffet line so the venue will be very suitable for small group setting like solemnization or engagement party. My guests were impressed with the venue as it was considered quite new in the industry so btbs may like to check out the place. I brought in my own caterer and decorated (min. as the original flavour of the house is already nice) the venue myself. All turned out great

Junior Member Nway is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Spring_tomorrow,

Can i get more info about the price for Colonial @ Scotts? My budget is <2k for 30-40 guests

Junior Member bbella00 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi anyone tried holding their solemnisation at national museum ?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Nway View Post
    Hi Spring_tomorrow,

Can i get more info about the price for Colonial @ Scotts? My budget is <2k for 30-40 guests
    Hi Nway,

We chose Colonial @ Scotts as our wedding reception was only a small affair for 60+ people. Different time slots have different rates so you might like to check with the person i/c Vanita to get the latest rate card. For our wedding lunch slot from 12-3pm, venue rental was $700. We then added an additional hour for $100 as I wanted my caterer to come in earlier to set up and also we needed time to decorate the place. I was sprinkling rose petals at the entrance area, haha.

Also, as we brought in our own caterer, we had to pay an outside catering surcharge of $500. But if you decide to use theirs (the owner of this venue is also the owner of Song of India), then there is no need to pay surcharge. But I didn't fancy their buffet menus so I engaged Lavish Dine instead. Colonial @ Scotts charges only 5% incidental charges, no GST or service charge but you have to pay a refundable security deposit of $200 which you can get back after your event.

Hope this helps and good luck with your planning!

Junior Member lidiatoh is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Any solemnisation venues to recommend that has nice outdoor view with nice food?

Junior Member BlurDucky is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Can anyone advise me whether your experience with the Goodwood Park poolside solemnisation was good?
    Was a room provided for make-up and one night stay?
    Was there tea cups and tea pot for the tea ceremony?
    Was it hot for lunch at poolside?

APPRECIATE ALL FEEDBACK PLEASE!!!

Junior Member BlurDucky is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by spring_tomorrow View Post
    Hi Nway,

We chose Colonial @ Scotts as our wedding reception was only a small affair for 60+ people. Different time slots have different rates so you might like to check with the person i/c Vanita to get the latest rate card. For our wedding lunch slot from 12-3pm, venue rental was $700. We then added an additional hour for $100 as I wanted my caterer to come in earlier to set up and also we needed time to decorate the place. I was sprinkling rose petals at the entrance area, haha.

Also, as we brought in our own caterer, we had to pay an outside catering surcharge of $500. But if you decide to use theirs (the owner of this venue is also the owner of Song of India), then there is no need to pay surcharge. But I didn't fancy their buffet menus so I engaged Lavish Dine instead. Colonial @ Scotts charges only 5% incidental charges, no GST or service charge but you have to pay a refundable security deposit of $200 which you can get back after your event.

Hope this helps and good luck with your planning!
    Hi spring_tomorrow,
    just wondering, were you provided a room for you to change / makeup?
    Also, since it is not a hotel, are there staff to help around with the tea-ceremony (if you had it there). And how many cars can park at the entrance?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by BlurDucky View Post
    Hi spring_tomorrow,
    just wondering, were you provided a room for you to change / makeup?
    Also, since it is not a hotel, are there staff to help around with the tea-ceremony (if you had it there). And how many cars can park at the entrance?
    Hi BlurDucky, there's no extra room for make-up. Anyway I didn't require one as I did my make up at home and then headed straight to venue. It is only a bare function space without any service staff. Service staff will have to come from the caterer you engage. For my tea ceremony, I had my friend to help so didn't need any service staff at all. Only 2 car park slots were reserved for us but I didn't make use of them since I didn't have a bridal car. The car park is shared between Song of India and SK-II spa so there aren't a lot of lots. You have to get your guests to park opposite at the Environment Building - more convenient too. Plus it's so near to Newton MRT, you can suggest to your guests to take public transport instead.

Junior Member Ritz83 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Anyone held their ROM at Royal Plaza on Scotts? I heard that the food is catered from Carousal...

Junior Member priscillaang is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Spring_tomorrow,

How was lavish dine? thinking of getting them for my wedding too.
    Any major comments you would like to share?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast