some advice on wedding preparation - choice of banquet venue

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Mike1982 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Confused some advice on wedding preparation - choice of banquet venue

Hi all

going thrgh some difficult moments as I now realise what it is meant by preparing wedding is not just the couple...it's family thing

imagine on one side, your future in-laws are ok with the choice of banquet venue....your own parents seem to have reservation over the choice of venue (on the east side) because it's like too far?

for singapore's land size, how far can it be far? if the venue is at one isolated island away frm singapore main land and if own parents want to kick a big fuss, i have no issue...or if the choice of venue requires them to drive hours just to get to...i have no issue either...

it makes me wonder whether having the banquet is to make majority happy at the expense of making couple displeased or making the couple glow with joy at the expense of pissing guests off over choice of location...?

Member Kailing is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi mike, totally agree that it's a family thing. two people make the decision already hard enough. the family still has to get involved. i believe you have to find the balance whereby both give way. is there any no way to choose a central location that you and yr wife to be will be happy with?

Senior Member Jiemin is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Why not hold your wedding in town, problem solved. Both had to travel.
    Singapore is very small, travel by car from east all the way to west is less than an hour on expressway.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi jiemin

think is my own parents' having their concerns over the dist...but to me, i think frm west to east not far lor.
    plus tht fact tht relatives frm my mum side essentially own family cars, whh make the supposed concern even more weird lor..haiz...

Quote Originally Posted by Jiemin View Post
    Why not hold your wedding in town, problem solved. Both had to travel.
    Singapore is very small, travel by car from east all the way to west is less than an hour on expressway.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Kailing View Post
    hi mike, totally agree that it's a family thing. two people make the decision already hard enough. the family still has to get involved. i believe you have to find the balance whereby both give way. is there any no way to choose a central location that you and yr wife to be will be happy with?
    hi kailing

a few things being sticky...either is the minimum table count whh both myself and my fiance r struggling to hit for bulk of the town hotels...for us, we donch want to end up inviting those we r not on frequent contact terms to fill up the numbers for the sake of hitting the table count...doesn't serve much meaning by inviting for the sake of filling up the seats...in fact, may end up make the other person feel tht they r maciam like reserves...

plus aft going to a few site visits, both me and my fiance realise the key factor of having / not having a pillar or two in the venue does make a difference...donch wan our guests end up more thn 1/2 the time being unable to see because of the pillar too..

Junior Member piyokimmy is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi mike,

trying talking to both sides of the families and see if they can come to a compromise? i know it is tough coz it feels more like 2 families getting married than 2 people but hang in there! been thru and survived! i am sure u will! the pillar less hotels that i remember includes novotel and furama riverfront. But if i am not wrong, they have big ballrooms and hence have a minimum no to hit. wat abt M hotel?

Senior Member carlise is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi mike, i used to think pillarless or not doesnt matter too. But after attending a wedding and getting blocked by a pillar, now my wedding banquet location cannot have pillar. haha!