Song and music

lostsheep

All the BTB, could u share if the hotel you book allow the use of your own supplies of music (example mp3 of your own collection) or you need to have all the song in original CDs form?

lostsheep

:( if must bring own CDs than how do we know how many CD max there player can support and playlist......we will not have DJ rite?...............

Caroline

hotels normally dont provide DJs.. you have to engage your own DJ or Emcee. but I think got no worries on the max CD cos the hotel staff there will change for the CD. So you can give them about 5 CDs then let them know in the order that they will play in..

Floren

but I think gonna be hard for them to do song flow if all the songs in different tracks... they dont allow mp3 if we can bring the CDs as proof that we have the original ah?

celine

burn songs into a cd

actually for my friend's wedding, we burnt all the selected songs into a CD, so the soundman needs to just loop the whole CD.

lostsheep

Yes. Please share your song list or album use. Any newer songs as compare to those everlasting? would only music be a good idea as song might not be clear or they might be busy eating than enjoying the songs? How many songs must we prepare for the whole dinner?

annabella

Hmm. I think choice of song is important to set the mood n feel as the guests eat.. think it depends what kind of genre u n htb like? for eg. jazz, blues, chinese love songs, chinese rnb, english indies, etc.

im thinking of maybe 12-15songs to be safe..

melodee

It is surely Disney soundtrack for mine, but selecting enough songs and how to order them for a nice flow is abit iffy, guess this happens when i am too detailed!

meiphenglove

It is surely Disney soundtrack for mine, but selecting enough songs and how to order them for a nice flow is abit iffy, guess this happens when i am too detailed!

Rapunzel has very nice songs, especially 'i see the light' song. very suitable for wedding!

chloelee

I ilke the shanghai tang feeling so I am sticking to the shanghai jazz. They play it at food republic at vivocity, very very lovely!

mintyrose

*clears throat*
'ni wen...wo ai...ni you...duo shen...'
shanghai jazz will make the whole atmosphere classy and give an olden days feel.
good idea~