Song and music

mintyrose

haha. i have not discussed with htb yet, but i may want some kind of jazz! where do you get your shanghai jazz albums though?

geraldineyap

jazzy songs sound very nice! :) will definitely make the dinner very classy and relaxing. i think if gotta bring CD, may need to just find an album that has the songs you want in it...coz hotels worry that they are playing pirated music i guess?

rojak

Hmm. is it necessary to select even the songs played throughout the dinner? you will need songs that play for 3 hours leh. that's ALOT! i believe we only need to select specifically the songs that accompany your march in, and at most the first food entry. Other than that, the hotel can play their own songs. at the end of the day, the only songs that people notice are the marchin songs, but they don't really remember what kind of songs you played during the dinner itself. If there is a specific theme you would like to maintain, you can discuss with the hotel to select a certain genre of songs that they can play from their playlist.

kimchoo

oh yeah that will be alot of songs indeed! hahah...march in songs are very important! first food must select otherwise you may end up with a cheesy "Final Countdown" during the presentation..? hehe

poohbeary

hahaha...the final countdown song really CMI ah...everytime i hear it during the first dish hor, i will shiver...hahahha...anyone has good suggestions for the first dish song to make a better impact ah?

pinnpinn

So most hotels dont allow us to burn oour selected songs into a CD? But my wedding coordinator told me that I can have my own selection of songs if i choose not to use the hotel's. Hmmmm

geraldineyap

i've also heard that high society has good collections of various music genres. shall pop by That CD shop to take a look and have a listen!

lostsheep

Any of you gals manage to get any few album? By the way, does it make a different if we get gold plated disc? will the effect be felt??

LoVienne

I dun like the song that Hotel always play for their 1st dish serving, Disney "Be our guests"...

Any good song to recommend for first dish?

ladyinwhite

I dun like the song that Hotel always play for their 1st dish serving, Disney "Be our guests"...

Any good song to recommend for first dish?

Haha yes i keep hearing that song! Or else when they first serve the dishes, it's some triumphant sounding song..

pinnpinn

anyone have any recommendations for march in songs? Be in at a wedding dinner or simple ROM affair outside of ROM (the place)