Still cannot decide on which Wedding Banquet (Any bad/negative/good feedbacks?)

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member putty1234 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

W00t Still cannot decide on which Wedding Banquet (Any bad/negative/good feedbacks?)

Hihi, I am planning to have wedding lunch on early 2012. But am still stuck with which wedding banquet to chose.

Basically I have come up with some wedding banquets to choose from and hope you can help me by giving some feedback/experience on food, service, perks etc.

1. ParkRoyal on Beach Road
    2. Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre
    3. Holiday Inn Atrium Singapore
    4. Grand Park City Hall
    5. Copthorne King’s Hotel
    6. Crowne Plaza Changi Airport
    7. Carlton Hotel
    8. Hotel Fort Canning
    9. Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel
    10. Orchard Parade

Haaa, ya I know my list is quite a lot.. That is why I am still stuck and trying to find out more.

Senior Member astutekitty is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Putty1234

I am unable to give you all my comments about all the hotels you have listed above.

What I can comment is/are below:

1. ParkRoyal on Beach Road
    - This is the first hotel that I consider for my wedding banquet.
    - Disappoint about the "condition" of the ballroom; old looking, dark, low ceiling, pillars, shared reception with other ballroom, need to walk far to another function room if you required 1 for your tea ceremony in hotel.

5. Copthorne King’s Hotel
    - Not sure this is the one opposite River View Hotel
    - If yes, its restaurant type
    - pillars, irregular march in route, vip rooms in the restaurant (found weird to put my guests in a room in a wedding banquet)

6. Crowne Plaza Changi Airport
    - Posh place, but I found that it is abit far

10. Orchard Parade
    - Not bad, but the location wise abit out of the way if you take public transport
    - If you like Tung Lok's cuisine, you can consider to have your wedidng banquet here
    - Favour wise - chocolate, which I don't like, may need to source out for favours for your guests

Hope this come just in time for you to make decision. ^^

Member geraldineyap is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    grand park city hall is convenient location wise, ballrooms look grand and good. food wise not sure...

what are your main considerations? location/ accessibility; food; cost; ballroom? easier for you to list down what are the important factors to you and your HTB

Member retrodots is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi putty, think u need to go down for yourself to see if u like the place also. some people are particular about the march-in length/ pillars, etc so even if the food and service is fantastic, the ballroom layout will put them off.

Senior Member Tenshi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi putty it has been 2 mths since you posted this ... so have you come up with your own conclusion?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi all, thanks for the feedbacks and comments. . I have finally booked my banquet at park royal. .

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Astutekitty, may I know which ballroom u view at park royal beach road? Think I went down to view the plaza ballroom n it looks ok. . The person in charge told us during our wedding, another ballroom opp will b under renovation. Lucky! Thus, shared foyer is unikely unless if there are some meetings on those smaller meeting rooms inside. . But food wise, i have no idea. Just hope it does not taste that bad. *cross fingers*

Junior Member charsiewbao is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    1. ParkRoyal on Beach Road - i think the ballroom is ok but gotta bear w some pillars (i saw the ballroom b4)
    2. Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre - just went dwn recently and march-in is nice (high ceiling w beautiful chandeliers) but the other side of the ballroom is low ceiling and haf few pillars
    3. Holiday Inn Atrium Singapore - nv been there, read reviews that shared reception area as the ballrooms are opp each other, low ceiling and w few pillars as well
    4. Grand Park City Hall - nv been there, my cousin been there, told me it's a long rectangle shaped ballroom, nice , march in is L-shaped
    5. Copthorne King’s Hotel - not sure
    6. Crowne Plaza Changi Airport - not sure
    7. Carlton Hotel - attended a wedding there this yr march..food is gd, empress ballroom 4&5 is nice , pillarless,L-shaped march-in. but the wedding coordinator not to respond that well despite sending reminder emails to get back, so giving up on this hotel
    8. Hotel Fort Canning - not sure
    9. Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel - attended wedding there this yr oso, was in the smaller ballroom w ard 23tables, pillar blockg my view of the stage
    10. Orchard Parade - went to tunglok for wedding dinner years ago, i jus rem the ceiling was beri low

Member angelwings is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    wow thanks for the detailed points charsiewbao! which did you go for?

Junior Member charsiewbao is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i initially wanna choose grand park city hall bcoz of the wedding promo (that's tmr 30July) but the date is taken(i think this is the nicest ballroom & hotel lobby for my budget).. carlton hotel is oso taken(but beware of the bad service)...orchard hotel oso taken, HI orchard city ctr taken, ....grand copthorne waterfront exceeded my budget..i guess choosing the venue really depends on ur budget(which is beri impt) and shortlisting fm there....in the end, im deciding between novotel & HI Atrium now...both haf wedding promos....
    ACTUALLY, jus 2 weeks ago, merchant court swissotel jus ended their wedding lunch promo $838/table and the ballroom is GORGEOUS w the setup...reception area is beri spacious & nice!!! best part is hotel oni got ONE ballroom and it's all URS! maybe u take a look for wedding promo coz every few months, there'll be some promos

Junior Member sense is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I've been to Hotel Fort Canning once, don't quite like the ballroom, low ceiling there's no straight & long march-in aisle from the main door. Guests seated at the inner side of the ballroom were feeling very hot & stuffy & it was very difficult to get the attention of the banquet waitresses and waiters.. The location of the hotel is unique though.