+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
25-06-2012 05:02 PM #1
Swissotel Fairmont or Swissotel Merchant Court??
I've visited some hotels and have shortlisted my list to these two Swissotels - Fairmont and Merchant Court. HTB prefers Merchant Court but I love the canning ballroom at Fairmont.
Any reviews or feedback on other issues such as food, etc...?
Also, for those who have had wedding lunch, kindly advise as I'm worried that everything will be a rush! Thanks!! =)
30-06-2012 02:35 PM #2
Are you referring to Fairmont Hotel or Swissotel the Stamford? They are actually using ballrooms from RCCC, but not sure if both hotels provide the same package. For bridal suite, I think it's definitely different.
I have attended weddings at both locations (Stamford & Merchant Court) about 3 years back..
Swissotel the Stamford (Pros)
- Town/City area
- Seems more classy cos of the very tall hotel (Stamford)
- Bridal suite located at level 66 if I didn't remember wrongly
Swissotel the Stamford (Cons)
- RCCC, its a pretty huge place thus, there may be a few weddings/events going on at the same time
- Located above shopping mall (Raffles City), in this case, not that private and hotel style
- Ballroom to the bridal suite is quite a distance away
Swissotel Merchant Court (Pros)
- Stand alone building
- Ballroom / cocktail area was quite nice
- Easy to locate the ballroom (Stamford is a little complicated)
Swissotel Merchant Court (Cons)
- Hotel building may be a little old school (somewhat like Raffles Hotel)
That's all I can think of at the moment, will keep you updated if I have any more comments/feedback.. For food wise, sorry I can't help! No recollection at all! =)
By Wedding Banquet Fairy in forum Wedding Banquet Price ListReplies: 57Last Post: 04-05-2013, 02:46 PM
By venuspeh in forum Wedding Banquet Venues TalkReplies: 9Last Post: 15-01-2013, 08:23 PM
By winterfoe in forum Bridal & Banquet MarketplaceReplies: 1Last Post: 06-10-2012, 03:40 PM
By Alvee in forum Bridal & Banquet MarketplaceReplies: 1Last Post: 23-07-2012, 04:44 PM
By venuspeh in forum Wedding Banquet Venues TalkReplies: 4Last Post: 12-12-2011, 06:01 PM