Time between ROM and Wedding Dinner

View Poll Results: How long between ROM and Wedding Dinner?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Same day/weekend

9 56.25%
  • Less than 1 Year

0 0%
  • 1-2 Years

5 31.25%
  • 2.5 years or more

2 12.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member carlise is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Time between ROM and Wedding Dinner

Hello brides, how many of you ROM first then have wedding dinner 1 year or a few years later? Or do everything together? Please share!

Senior Member meilingg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I will be ROM June this year and having my customary dinner next year March.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    thanks for sharing meilingg, i was under the impression that ROM and dinner have to be done together, but i guess that is pretty tiring. because for me, it feels abit funny to invite our friends and relatives for a wedding twice.

Senior Member PrincessCrystal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i will be doing it on the same day. ROM before the banquet which will be held next year Jan. save time and money!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by carlise View Post
    thanks for sharing meilingg, i was under the impression that ROM and dinner have to be done together, but i guess that is pretty tiring. because for me, it feels abit funny to invite our friends and relatives for a wedding twice.

My ROM will be a very simple one. Only family and a couple of close friends... haha... The rest wait till wedding dinner then invite...

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCrystal View Post
    i will be doing it on the same day. ROM before the banquet which will be held next year Jan. save time and money!
    yea agree.. good thing is that save time and money!

I'm going to have ROM, church wedding and banquet.. oh my, so headache to coordinate! Want to save money also cannot, think i will have to split it up le.

Senior Member Tenshi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Ladies if you are doing church wedding and does not need the marriage cert to get a house then why not just do church wedding. If you are doing church wedding you dun have to do ROM liao.

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by carlise View Post
    yea agree.. good thing is that save time and money!

I'm going to have ROM, church wedding and banquet.. oh my, so headache to coordinate! Want to save money also cannot, think i will have to split it up le.
    I agree with the saving time and money. and i would be confused about the wedding anniversary date (which to carve on the ring?) and also about inviting people twice.. and i don't see a point inviting friends to "announce" or "celebrate" a wedding that had happened a year ago. so i'm doing it all together -- church wedding and banquet. and.. cannot do both ROM and church wedding, coz both involve signing the marriage cert. only can do either or. guess you have to make a choice!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Oh ya talking about anniversary. If my ROM and wedding dinner is around 1 yr apart, so which is our wedding anniversary?

Senior Member sotong1003 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by meilingg View Post
    Oh ya talking about anniversary. If my ROM and wedding dinner is around 1 yr apart, so which is our wedding anniversary?
    well, i guess if u are toking abt wedding anniversary date here, it shld be the ROM date.
    cuz that's the date when the JP announced you and your hubby as husband and wife. =)

Senior Member sotong1003 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCrystal View Post
    same as me!
    if do both @ a different timing, it will be such a hassle!
    weird also if ROM lerx, but hold wedding dinner at a later timing. (like 1 yr apart or even longer)
    the significance of holding a wedding dinner @ a later timing will be different when 2 people are already "husband and wife" in the eyes of law.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by sotong1003 View Post
    well, i guess if u are toking abt wedding anniversary date here, it shld be the ROM date.
    cuz that's the date when the JP announced you and your hubby as husband and wife. =)
    Ok, thank you! haha...

Junior Member lovelynn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by sotong1003 View Post
    same as me!
    if do both @ a different timing, it will be such a hassle!
    weird also if ROM lerx, but hold wedding dinner at a later timing. (like 1 yr apart or even longer)
    the significance of holding a wedding dinner @ a later timing will be different when 2 people are already "husband and wife" in the eyes of law.
    cuz i thought that dinner is actually more of a chinese customery thingy? bcos u see angmo country where got such ting de.
    im thinking of ROM next yr and dinner maybe a 6months to a yr later bcos can help in budgeting the money.
    bf wan to have a church wedding. but my family alone is 50pax.. think very hard to do it?

Junior Member flyerkiss is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi, will need some advice from those who have ROM and wedding on the same day.

When will you have your ROM?
    Just before the wedding dinner or 1-2 hrs before the dinner?

Senior Member PrincessCrystal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by flyerkiss View Post
    Hi, will need some advice from those who have ROM and wedding on the same day.

When will you have your ROM?
    Just before the wedding dinner or 1-2 hrs before the dinner?
    i will be holding my ROM and wedding banquet on the same day. i have requested for a room for the solemnization and it will be held at 6.30pm and followed by the dinner. just request from the hotel for the solemnization room and they will give it to you as a complimentary use. usually the ROM will only take about 30mins to 45mins cos its just signing and taking vows and some phototaking. u can invite some of your close friends and relatives to be there during your solemnization.