Time between ROM and Wedding Dinner - Page 2

View Poll Results: How long between ROM and Wedding Dinner?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Same day/weekend

9 56.25%
  • Less than 1 Year

0 0%
  • 1-2 Years

5 31.25%
  • 2.5 years or more

2 12.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member tracylim is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
    Hi Ladies if you are doing church wedding and does not need the marriage cert to get a house then why not just do church wedding. If you are doing church wedding you dun have to do ROM liao.
    Oh I forgot that church wedding dont need to do ROM le. Like that I think I dont need to do ROM le since I will be having a church wedding. Thanks for the tip!

@lovelynn, it depends on how big the church is. The church I will be having my wedding at can accomodate about 600 people in the chapel. Most church chapels can accomodate about 300+ pax at least I think.

@flyerkiss, I think 1 to 2 hours before the wedding dinner would be better. The ROM ceremony will take about 45 mins to 1 hour including photo taking after the ceremony and some light refreshments for the guests. Dinner starts at 8 or 8.30 so ROM at 6 or 6.30 is good. So 1-2 hrs before the dinner will not make it seem so rush so got some time to prepare for the dinner

Senior Member PrincessCrystal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i have asked my PG and a few hotels coordinator about the ROM timing and they say start at 6.30pm have more than enough time.

Junior Member lovelynn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by tracylim View Post
    @lovelynn, it depends on how big the church is. The church I will be having my wedding at can accomodate about 600 people in the chapel. Most church chapels can accomodate about 300+ pax at least I think.
    hmmm. i think my bf said his is quite small leh! maybe gotta check. but nw he having second thoughts. saying that need to invite the whole church which he dont really wish to(he dont really go to church). so maybe will do it elsewhere instead.

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelynn View Post
    hmmm. i think my bf said his is quite small leh! maybe gotta check. but nw he having second thoughts. saying that need to invite the whole church which he dont really wish to(he dont really go to church). so maybe will do it elsewhere instead.
    I think you gotta check with the church to confirm the size. Mine can accomodate ~300 people, 400-500 will be rather squeezy but done before. It is not necessary to invite the entire church for your wedding if you do not want to. It's just like any other wedding, the church is a location, and you invite whoever you want to. I've even seen some church weddings where the huge chapel only has the bride+groom+immediate family and the pastor -- filling up only the first row of the entire chapel. I would only be inviting my friends for the church wedding, and mainly relatives (and some friends again) for the banquet. So it is really up to you as to who you want to invite

Junior Member bingqiling is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I am thinking to have my ROM at the same day as AD. Like those church wedding but mine in hotel. My boyfriend waiting for me at the stage area and my dad will march-in with me. Is that possible to do so? So all my friends and relatives will witness the moments i say "I DO"...

Please advise...

Junior Member flyerkiss is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCrystal View Post
    i will be holding my ROM and wedding banquet on the same day. i have requested for a room for the solemnization and it will be held at 6.30pm and followed by the dinner. just request from the hotel for the solemnization room and they will give it to you as a complimentary use. usually the ROM will only take about 30mins to 45mins cos its just signing and taking vows and some phototaking. u can invite some of your close friends and relatives to be there during your solemnization.
    Hi, that means you will wear ur AD wedding gown for the ROM using the same morning makeup?

Senior Member PrincessCrystal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by flyerkiss View Post
    Hi, that means you will wear ur AD wedding gown for the ROM using the same morning makeup?
    Hi flyerkiss, i have another gown for my ROM. my MUA will reach the hotel to do my ROM makeup for me around 4pm.

Junior Member left_pinky is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    doing it tog and on seperate dates have it pros and cons... but to have it less than a year and to invite the same people seems alittle weird.

Senior Member sotong1003 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelynn View Post
    cuz i thought that dinner is actually more of a chinese customery thingy? bcos u see angmo country where got such ting de.
    im thinking of ROM next yr and dinner maybe a 6months to a yr later bcos can help in budgeting the money.
    bf wan to have a church wedding. but my family alone is 50pax.. think very hard to do it?
    well,
    tho i didnt attend any church wedding before,
    i think its not very hard ba.
    the church seems like a huge place to me where u can invite quite a number of people.

Senior Member Glitzger is on a distinguished road Glitzger's Avatar
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    for those who are doing it separately, after ROM do u move in to stay with ur partner? or wait til the banquet is done before moving in? it's kind of a in-between status.. haha...

Senior Member meilingg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitzger View Post
    for those who are doing it separately, after ROM do u move in to stay with ur partner? or wait til the banquet is done before moving in? it's kind of a in-between status.. haha...
    I'm not moving in, nor i will address my future in laws as father and mother. I will only do it after the tea ceremony.

Senior Member tracylim is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I will probably move in and out haha, sometimes stay at hubby's hse sometimes stay withh parents. Considering that ROM is married already so i guess it is fine to stay with hubby.

Senior Member meilingg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by tracylim View Post
    I will probably move in and out haha, sometimes stay at hubby's hse sometimes stay withh parents. Considering that ROM is married already so i guess it is fine to stay with hubby.
    haha. guess i will only stay over during the weekends. haha

Senior Member astutekitty is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I will have mine on the same day either just before the dinner starts or during the dinner when everybody is your witness to my wedding.

It saves times, hassle though its tiring, but of course, if tired only 1 day. If you separate, its 2 days of your time, 2 days of hassle and 2 days of tireness ... additional twice the expenses.

Member meiphenglove is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i agree with astutekitty, will finish it on one day! then can breathe easier..