Is it too early..?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Member qinnie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Is it too early..?

Hi all - we are planning to hold our wedding approx apr/may 2014. Is it too early for us to plan now? Saw a few threads that sometimes the hotel allows you to book the banquet earlier.. not sure how early can we go about that?

And do we have to wait for the 2014 tong shu to be ready to decide dates? Or going to some master with dob for we two will do?

Any advice will be much appreciated!

Senior Member Jiemin is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hope this site help you with the date for 2014.
    http://verywed.com/lunar/
    Hotel might not be so early, but BS can..
    BS normally allow you to book in advance for 5 years.

You try asking around end of this year, should be out.

Junior Member chaijing is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi qinnie, never too early! I'm also planning to do it in early 2014 and I've started planning..

reason being, you can then have an estimated cost (if that's a concern for you, it is for me, you see!).. and look at reviews/concepts/themes/ideas.

i've been looking at venues (not hotels though) and concepts.. so in a way, i can do some budgeting etc.

Member kimberlyfrance is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hello qinnie! I'm a 2014 bride too. I've already started planning. Reason being prices in 2014 is higher so if u can put a deposit and secure the price till 2years later, u'll save a lot. Extra cash can go to honeymoon/house or make ur wedding grander! We even bought our wedding bands alredi though it'll take 4-6 months to customise. It'll be ready for our photoshoot next year. Sign up for bridal packages as expect prices to go up. I've also secure my make up artiste for my bridesmaid and mom's (mine is through the bridal package). Also secured my videographer and photographer with the price now instead of 2014 pricelist. Looking at venues and found very nice ones, just waiting for their 2014 pricelist to come out and then we'd go ahead and book.

I'm getting married feb/march 2014 btw! nothing's too early esp things go wrong a few weeks or even days before the wedding. Starting early can avoid or minimize glitches.

Hope this helps!

Junior Member shrb is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi everyone!

I'm very very new to wedding forums. I've just began the planning process and trawling the net for various venues to hold a simple solemnisation, tea ceremony and possibly buffet reception for approximately 240 guests at max. We're looking to shortlist a few hotels. Any recommendations? We're not very keen on the formal sit-down set dinners. Also not set on either buffet lunch or dinner. Any suggestions or opinions from you all would help lots! Thanks!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    What do you prefer if u do not want sit down or buffet? Bar kind? A comfortable reception?

Junior Member donjordan is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    you never be early to prepare for that..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    wow, surprised to see so many replies & happy to see that i am not alone!
    i havent even calculate my date, as the fengshui master that ppl recommended to us only start ard aug this yea, to calculate for 2014 wedding dates based on bazhi. do you all have any other recommendations for calculation of dates?

booked my bridal package a few weeks back too.

@kimberlyfrance: what are the venues you looked at? i have a few in mind but most of them dont have the 2014 prices yet! assumed it shd be available q4 this year?

hope we can all share more information here!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I'm doing outdoor wedding so the places I've visited is Singapore Yacht Club, Raffles Marina, Hort Park and Dempsey Hill. Hotels I've been to is Intercontinental, Park Royal, Pan Pacific, M Hotel and Amara Hotel, Grand Copthorne and Changi Hotel. All this no prices for 2014 usually the come out next year beginning of the year.

I dont look at fengshui dates. My HTB and I are getting married on our anniversary so both our anniversary and wedding anniversary falls either on same date or same month. It has a more special meaning than fengshui.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I wanted outdoor wedding too, but well my parents prefer the usual type so no choice. Changi v is v nice! Hort park too, v ideal type of outdoor. Which bridal shop did u sign up with?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hort Park is good but location is far.. I love the beach view especially sunset (as i am doing solemnisation and banquet on the same day) so I am sticking to the yacht clubs or country clubs. Changi V is one of the choices right now or changi beach club! its sea view but inside a ballroom.. You should check it out if location is not a issue.

I signed up under bliss bridal. It has lots of give aways with the same price as other bridal shop. And its singapore based. Usually weding fair majority of bridal shops are from oversea esp taiwan and i have many frieds with bad experience with such shop. So i stick to singapore based one. You can try bridal zone white link seletar broadway though i've sat through everyone of their bridal shop and some are not flexible at all..

Have u chosen wedding bands?

Junior Member shrb is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by kimberlyfrance View Post
    What do you prefer if u do not want sit down or buffet? Bar kind? A comfortable reception?
    I think i meant we were fixed on lunch or dinner as yet, but we would definitely favour a buffet as it's alot more casual than a sit-down reception. We've been looking at the few hotels which offers a outdoor solemnisation option (all in the sentosa area unfortunately). Anyone has any thoughts or feedback on Rasa Sentosa, The Sentosa Spa and Resort and Amara Sanctuary? Recent thoughts would be helpful!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I've signed up under the aisle bridal btw I went Hort Park yest, I think they hv some renovation in place, but v pretty. Just that it'll be v warm.. Hv to choose right timing.

Haven't buy the wedding bands. Maybe closer to next year photoshoot date? Any recommendation?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    My concern about Hort Park is the location I bought my wedding bands in Meyson. Cos i like chunky thick rings and white gold with diamonds for both mine and his. I am aware that gold price goes up so we bought it early. Besides it'll take 6 months to customise. My fiance and I are not very concerned about the cost but if can it is possible "lock" the amount as of 2012, it'll save so much.. Therefore the wedding would be 2014 but the cost is as of this year. Just be wise i guess

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by kimberlyfrance View Post
    My concern about Hort Park is the location I bought my wedding bands in Meyson. Cos i like chunky thick rings and white gold with diamonds for both mine and his. I am aware that gold price goes up so we bought it early. Besides it'll take 6 months to customise. My fiance and I are not very concerned about the cost but if can it is possible "lock" the amount as of 2012, it'll save so much.. Therefore the wedding would be 2014 but the cost is as of this year. Just be wise i guess
    So nice! Share the photo of the rings when it's ready? And yup, Hort park is super not accessible and far. If u want to hold it there, maybe have to consider engaging shuttle buses etc I guess?