Is it too early..? - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Senior Member Charissa26 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Kim: Yup going tw to take pics next year..
    I think should go to the individual shops to look at the gowns first to decide whether if u like the gowns.. Most of the prices are similar so wat most impt is u like the gowns. Then if can, wait for the bridal show then book the one u like. I have a friend she booked in bridal shows without working at the gowns. When she went for gown selection, she nearly fainted..

Junior Member charlenewimala is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by kimberlyfrance View Post
    Go to bridal fair, their willing to FOC a lot of for you.. Besides they need you to sign up badly.. But choose wisely, even if u have spend one whole day going from different booths, do it! don't sign up hastily
    Thanks kimberlyfrance, I am going down to ION Orchard this weekend to have a look-see at the bridal fair. But usually those things that they FOC at the fairs are mostly small items right?

Have you booked your banquet already? which hotel did you book?

Junior Member caringcj is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    It is never too early

Start planning...

Junior Member charlenewimala is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Charissa26 View Post
    Kim: Yup going tw to take pics next year..
    I think should go to the individual shops to look at the gowns first to decide whether if u like the gowns.. Most of the prices are similar so wat most impt is u like the gowns. Then if can, wait for the bridal show then book the one u like. I have a friend she booked in bridal shows without working at the gowns. When she went for gown selection, she nearly fainted..
    Ya, Clarissa, I have a friend who asked me to book appt with various bridal shops to see their gowns and some of them do allow to try also. But I guess the discounts that they offer at the shop isn't much as compared to those at the bridal fairs. Also can test their services. I read that those at the bridal fairs can be super friendly yet when comes to the ppl at the bridal shops, the service is a letdown.

Senior Member Charissa26 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yes i agreed that those are the bridal shows are super friendly and they "carry u up the sky" just to make u sign so i didnt entertain them much because merely looking at pictures. So last month i actually went to a few shops along Tanjang Pagar and then i look at their gowns straight away. There was one shop which i shortlisted, the service staff let me try 3 gowns in total without very much hard selling tactics but i didnt sign on the spot that time cos i was considering to take PS overseas with another studio. My married friend gave me advice to go to their shops to look at the gowns first.

She had placed booking at bridal show and then did not get to see the gowns. When comes to fitting, the evening gown ma chiam like GE TAI singer. Heng she took MTM then can design on her own but then each time she goes, she has to scold the staff which makes it very unpleasant.

Member kimberlyfrance is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Oh for me i am very particular about about the gown so even if bridal fair, i looked at their collections of gowns. Besides my actual wedding gown would be tailor made (cos i wanna keep it after the wedding) so actual day wedding gown i am not so particular, i am taking it off the package. Bridal fairs, some are really nice during the fair den stuck up at the shop, i guess its just about referral and reputation. I signed under bliss and i alredi went down to their shop to "see see" and they entertained me even if my appt with them is still next year..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hmmm depends.. i think the trick is to "delay" cos that's wad i did.. They would then ask me wad's my concern and throw in free stuff just to make sure i sign.. so i win in the end.. like for me, the free stuff i had was my mother and my mother in law's gown on that day so i do not have to worry wad to make them wear, father's jacket, bridal car with chauffeur, extra make up artiste for my bridesmaid and mum's so they look extremely good too! instead of 34 changes of gown in photoshoot, i have 6, even for my fiance is 6. ermmm wad else? actual day photographer (supposed to top up $900 if we want the same person who took our photoshoot to be our photographer for actual day) but its free as well and unlimited photos. extra table top frame.. hahaha the list goes on.. so bridal fairs is still the best.

I am still looking at places.. nope not doing hotel.. i am not doing traditional chinese wedding. so no gate crashing and no hotel sit down dinner. Its western outdoor wedding and banquet outdoor.. possible place were looking at is RSYC (singapore yacht club) it had a foreshore deck that put up to 30 tables, and doing the whole wedding at sunset.. (that's the concept la)

so yeah! how about you? any possible venues yet?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    *sorry 3-4 changes of gowns

Junior Member piggydolphin is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    is there a typical percentage of deposit to be made at the hotel for 2014 banquets? or it varies among the hotels??

Junior Member janice is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I also planning my wedding to be end 2014 in fact there's a group in FB for 2014/2015 BTBs can check ot out if you gals want.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/427475197357982/

Member lemontwist is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i guess it alright if you plan your wedding early. that way you can check out a couple of hotels and places more.

Member raindance is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    It's better to prepare for everything earlier. Planning a wedding can be very stressful so it's nice to get a head start in planning certain details.

Member missallex is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    it's actually very advisable to start planning your wedding this early in the year.

Member chocomousse is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    you can try booking the hotel that you chose maybe 6 months before the day itself.

Member chocopiee is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i guess you can try booking it a couple of months before your wedding day