Too early?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Too early?

Junior Member serarfwinar is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Confused Too early?

Hi all.. Please help me.. I'm new and blur..

Is it too early to buy packages now for a 3-3.5 years later wedding?
    As i heard that wedding packages vaild for 5 years (most of the time?) and will usually increase prices by the years and it will increase by quite a significant figure. (Is it true?) (I also have a few favour BS like labelle, zwedding etc)

I am thinking to go to the BOWS and take a look and take up packages that favours me? ( is RSVP needed for BOWS or is it only for their prep talk)

P.s My hubby to be in years, is intending to do our wedding so called "last min" when the HDB wants our certificate

Thank you

Junior Member jaxminger is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Nothing is too early sweetie....
    IMO, You can do your research now.... Look around before you start taking up wedding packages....
    Cramp everything together, you may find it hard to breathe....

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Alright Thank you

Junior Member xiaonicbb is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Me also dam kiasu now qe plain it on 2015 but already settled for wedding package .... Also worry that i'm too early ...

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Me also dam kiasu now starting to get ready for 2014/2015....Already settled for wedding package .... Also worry that i'm too early ...

(1st msg typing in my dreamland oops..)

Junior Member happyswing is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    It's good to start your preparations early!

Senior Member Jiemin is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Pro: secure the price, cheaper package
    Con: what if close shop? Change owner? New thing in the market that is not include in package.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Ooo. True about the pros and cons jiemin.
    Xiaonicbb: kinda glad to know I'm not the only one xD. I'm also most probably holding my rom and wedding in 2015. I'm like overly excited and then will start to think and plan ( don't know if you will be like that too)

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Serarfwinar: I'm also very excited and dun wanna to put everything till last min....

kpi
    Senior Member kpi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    1) try to get a good date for your wedding first.
    2) Ask a master to calculate the date for both of you using your bazi.
    3) A good date will decide the pricing for the tables, some hotels will charge $100 per table for a good date.
    4) If you are having your wedding after the 30 March of that year, the price will increase according.

kpi
    Senior Member kpi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    you can register for the bows event at http://www.bows.sg/ if you are interested.

Wedding shows are returning, you can vist the wedding shows of diffenernt hotels to have a feel of what a wedding is like for that hotel.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi kpi. Is it a must to register? Or I can actually just walk in to the event??

Member Iloveyou is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Mine is march 2014 but I've started doing my research 6mths ago. Well, can't blame us for being excited over one of our biggest event in our life! Its never too early to start sourcing for the wedding. However a problem that i encountered so far is booking the banquet...

I wanted to book the ballroom in Fullerton Hotel but they didn't allow, saying the dates for 2014 are not available yet. And bcos the prices for banquet pkgs tend to increase every year, it means that my budget will be affected, thus I can't really know how much budget I can spare for the rest of wedding necessities/ expenses.

I'm gonna view the ballroom this coming Saturday, hopefully I'm able to lock in a price for the banquet pkg in 2014

GOD BLESS!

Junior Member shunmei is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    me too planning for 2014 and has already sign the wedding package since last yr to secure the price. Nw doing more research for the banquet and will make booking nxt yr...i also started to buy and look around for some of the Guo Da Li stuffs too...

I think have to do preparation early so that wouldn't be so rush when the time near to the corner...

Member huixian123 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Iloveyou View Post
    Mine is march 2014 but I've started doing my research 6mths ago. Well, can't blame us for being excited over one of our biggest event in our life! Its never too early to start sourcing for the wedding. However a problem that i encountered so far is booking the banquet...

I wanted to book the ballroom in Fullerton Hotel but they didn't allow, saying the dates for 2014 are not available yet. And bcos the prices for banquet pkgs tend to increase every year, it means that my budget will be affected, thus I can't really know how much budget I can spare for the rest of wedding necessities/ expenses.

I'm gonna view the ballroom this coming Saturday, hopefully I'm able to lock in a price for the banquet pkg in 2014

GOD BLESS!
    from what i found out from a few married friends and some hotel packages, if your dinner is held by march 2014, the price should not differ much from price of package for 3rd to 4th quarter 2013. however, there are also hotels whereby their price is valid from jan-june / july-dec. so far, i have enquired from more den 10 different hotels for my dec 2013 dinner. most of them, the price diff is about $20-$30++ per table.

additional, i think you can try to nego with the hotel/events manager if you are firm to sign the package for your 2014 dinner (of cos if its not end of 2014 as year end, more couples tie the knot/hold dinner).

above of IMO no offence to anyone