Is it too early to plan my wedding for 2013? - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Junior Member hippofan is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi all, I'm new to the forum, would need lots of guidance and tips from you all! Thought of doing my ROM this year end and wedding maybe mid next year, is it better this way? or it will be more expensive to do it? Haven plan anything yet!! What are the main things that I should be doing first? Thanks alot!

Senior Member Mike1982 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by hippofan View Post
    Hi all, I'm new to the forum, would need lots of guidance and tips from you all! Thought of doing my ROM this year end and wedding maybe mid next year, is it better this way? or it will be more expensive to do it? Haven plan anything yet!! What are the main things that I should be doing first? Thanks alot!
    depends on whether u want to have it all done on the same day or not

have a date or 2 in mind before u start the venue hunt...but bear in mind tht after subtracting the qing ming & hungry ghost festival, you r essentially left with 10 months to have the event.

Junior Member staceyyuhan is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I'm thinking of October 2013 to have ROM, is it too early to plan? the prices will be based on this year's packages?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by staceyyuhan View Post
    I'm thinking of October 2013 to have ROM, is it too early to plan? the prices will be based on this year's packages?
    try to have it booked once u and your partner already have firm plans in mind
    prices r subject to revisions annually...the later you book, the prices sure go up

no harm checking things out with the places that you r interested to have your ROM...be it indoor or outdoor, bound to have a few that can meet your requirements..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1982 View Post
    depends on whether u want to have it all done on the same day or not

have a date or 2 in mind before u start the venue hunt...but bear in mind tht after subtracting the qing ming & hungry ghost festival, you r essentially left with 10 months to have the event.
    Hi thanks for the advice. I supposed really need to fix a date down before we can proceed on anything. Hotel booking should be book first right after you have selected the date? How many should we chose before settling down plus trying of the food?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi thanks for the advice. I supposed really need to fix a date down before we can proceed on anything. Hotel booking should be book first right after you have selected the date? How many should we chose before settling down plus trying of the food?
    depends on the collective pointers that u and your partner r looking out for in the choice of venue...whether if it is accessible or not...the "got pillar / no pillar" factor (some guests very 在意 over sitting at spot where the view kena blocked by pillar)...

best is you and your partner have a first choice date in mind and then start the venue hunt...but best is have a backup date in case the first choice dates u want are already taken up...

one important thing that me and my future wife to be pick up during the course of venue hunt is don't discount the importance of having the site show round...the floor plan can paint one picture but when at site, you can get to see for yourself the venue layout...and you can maciam like roleplay from the viewpoint of the guest's viewpoint for them to get to the location...alternatively, you may want to pop by the hotel wedding road shows and or open houses to have a look to see what it's available in terms of the menu (some do have a sneak peek / selection of the menu food for you to have a try aka mini buffet reception style) but i would use it as a reference point 'cause the menu may be subject to revision

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Unsure

depends on the collective pointers that u and your partner r looking out for in the choice of venue...whether if it is accessible or not...the "got pillar / no pillar" factor (some guests very 在意 over sitting at spot where the view kena blocked by pillar)...

best is you and your partner have a first choice date in mind and then start the venue hunt...but best is have a backup date in case the first choice dates u want are already taken up...

one important thing that me and my future wife to be pick up during the course of venue hunt is don't discount the importance of having the site show round...the floor plan can paint one picture but when at site, you can get to see for yourself the venue layout...and you can maciam like roleplay from the viewpoint of the guest's viewpoint for them to get to the location...alternatively, you may want to pop by the hotel wedding road shows and or open houses to have a look to see what it's available in terms of the menu (some do have a sneak peek / selection of the menu food for you to have a try aka mini buffet reception style) but i would use it as a reference point 'cause the menu may be subject to revision
    Oh noted with thanks. That is indeed a great help. Do you have any nice hotels to recommend? I think for the date, we may consult ppl on it. Seems like a lot of things to do though

Junior Member wwaichee is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Depends on what are the dates you are looking in 2013... some of the dates in 2013 are already booked.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Oh noted with thanks. That is indeed a great help. Do you have any nice hotels to recommend? I think for the date, we may consult ppl on it. Seems like a lot of things to do though
    certainly, there r things that will come to mind when planning other than what was mentioned...perhaps you can email to the potential venue(s) that you have in mind (assuming you already have the dates selected) so that the banquet manager can see if the dates u want r available

have attended wedding before at hyatt and orchard hotel...food wise not bad..within orchard area (hyatt nearer to the train station while orchard hotel is at the end nearer to the thai embassy side)...

i having mines' at crowne plaza changi airport next oct...unconvetional in terms of choice of venue (almost the east side) but looking forward to it,ha

Junior Member joelwong77 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    no it's not too early. especially if you want ideal hotels and locations.

Quote Originally Posted by zephnana View Post
    I tried finding some hotels that i have shortlisted for my banquet, however the price is not listed yet. Is it too early now? How big will be the price difference for 2012 & 2013?

I need to do budgeting. Anyone could help?

ZSW
    Member ZSW is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    attend some wedding fairs to get an idea on the prices and request to book on the spot if you like. we booked our venue 1 1/2 years in advance and was already on waiting list..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    certainly, there r things that will come to mind when planning other than what was mentioned...perhaps you can email to the potential venue(s) that you have in mind (assuming you already have the dates selected) so that the banquet manager can see if the dates u want r available

have attended wedding before at hyatt and orchard hotel...food wise not bad..within orchard area (hyatt nearer to the train station while orchard hotel is at the end nearer to the thai embassy side)...

i having mines' at crowne plaza changi airport next oct...unconvetional in terms of choice of venue (almost the east side) but looking forward to it,ha
    Hi thanks alot for the recommendations! Congrats on your already booked wedding venue! How long ago have you start booking? There is indeed very early! For me I think if i now then start planning for next year, then I need to really find the venue early and book fast!! Like what you say, is less than 10 months to plan! argh...

So you have done all your wedding shoots etc? Buying of all the stuff? Is it really hard to find all the things you need? Btw did you engaged a wedding planner to assist? Thanks!

Junior Member MahagonyPops is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    wow, mine's in 2013 and I just started planning.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi thanks alot for the recommendations! Congrats on your already booked wedding venue! How long ago have you start booking? There is indeed very early! For me I think if i now then start planning for next year, then I need to really find the venue early and book fast!! Like what you say, is less than 10 months to plan! argh...

So you have done all your wedding shoots etc? Buying of all the stuff? Is it really hard to find all the things you need? Btw did you engaged a wedding planner to assist? Thanks!
    really start the mini steps of planning around 2nd quarter of last year...then the steps kick in...

didn't get the services of wedding planner though...during the course of the planning, me and my future wife get to realise that there r other fellow couples who r just as ahead or if not even faster than us...the wedding live band that we want to engage initially was booked sometime in mar 2012 by another couple that is also getting married at end of 2013...that tells us how fast others can be

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by MahagonyPops View Post
    wow, mine's in 2013 and I just started planning.
    hows your planning so far?