I think it's just nice to plan for it

Junior Member chloe260507 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    its not too early to plan. especially if want a perferct wedding

Junior Member Alvinapp is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Nope it's not too early. Better to book earlier to get a cheaper price from the hotels you short listed!

Senior Member Mike1982 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvinapp View Post
    Nope it's not too early. Better to book earlier to get a cheaper price from the hotels you short listed!
    have it booked early so that can secure at good rates + have a major item off the mind, knowing that venue settled and can concentrate on other items such as bridal, photos etc

Member Enigma1612 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Ya coz for me i plan a block of activies and for each period of 3-6 months checklist . task done can move on to the next step of planning. got to be resourceful for cheap n gd vendors n services. then a lot of it is WOM, referrals from close friends to cut short time w limited budget

Junior Member tempsdeflexion is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Its never too early to plan! you have to start searching for venues and all already, or else they will be fully booked then you won't be able to get your desired venue.

Junior Member Babyyweiitinq is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Planning by wed for Nov2013. One problem for me. Out of so many relatives and friends, only 4 are going to be halal and the rest normal, how do I arrange this 4 relatives?

Jep
    Member Jep is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyyweiitinq View Post
    Planning by wed for Nov2013. One problem for me. Out of so many relatives and friends, only 4 are going to be halal and the rest normal, how do I arrange this 4 relatives?
    hmm.. one thing u must do is to arrange them to be on the same table. depending on your banquet, some serve individual dishes to your guest, that solve the problem, u just have to arrange for them to be halal. but if its gonna be those that is the sharing type, you have to arrange individual dishes for them. and the remaining 6-8ppl on the table will have more food! hehe

Junior Member lynsaj is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I have 4 vegatarians and 2 halals. as they are all couples couples, I would put the couples on different tables making the no of pax on the table to be 10+2. In this way I can fully ulilise my tables. It's a little wasted to pay for tables of 10 but only feed 6-8 paxs.

Junior Member missbutterfly is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    no at al! i started to plan mine 1 year before..am s excited for my upcoming wedding on nov 25th!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zephnana View Post
    I tried finding some hotels that i have shortlisted for my banquet, however the price is not listed yet. Is it too early now? How big will be the price difference for 2012 & 2013?

I need to do budgeting. Anyone could help?

Junior Member gracebeh is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Initially i still thought wedding lunch/dinner in Nov 2013, now still early to plan and do the survey.
    but when i sign up here, realize have to plan 1 year ago, some even 1 and half - 2 year ago already decided date and venue.
    My ROM probably will be on May or June 2013, i still have no Idea what to do, really not easy.....

Member lynnng is on a distinguished road lynnng's Avatar
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hey babyyweiitinq, u gotta note that, if ur selection is chinese menu, and u have guests which are halal which u planned to seat them on the same table, in ur case which is 4, u have 2 options - one, u change the whole table to halal table with no additional cost, that means ur chinese guests would consume halal food,can request for the halal menu from the hotel and compare with the chinese to see if there is a very big difference of the food(they will still charge u still at chinese table rate if im not wrong, please check with ur hotel), otherwise if u served them individually while they are sitting at the chinese table, u would have to pay the hotel on a per pax basis, meaning, in total u have to pay ~ ( price of the table + 4 pax halal(depending on how much is ur cost per table, divide by 10 and multiply 4, thats ur additional costs for the halal ppl before GST and service charge), same goes for vegeterians, is either whole table of vegeterians or whole table of malays, if u have to mix them with other types of table, u would have to topup and incur these additional charges, which u may incur a loss? Cos it means for a table of 10, u end up paying for a table of 14, unless ur guests very generous la lol.

what some people do usually, for those frens, and not so close relatives, they will put all the vegeterians one table, malays one table etc..to avoid incurring these extra charges.

Hope that helps.

Junior Member jiaxinloves is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Babyyweiitinq,

Are you looking for ROM photography?

I have a Livesnapps ROM shoot package which I’m letting go. The package is worth $488, but we’re letting it go at $388. Reason for letting go is because we’ve decided to push back our wedding to 2014, but this package is only available for year 2013 only!

You can take a look at their website here: http://livesnapps.com/

Do email me at germaine.xin@gmail.com for more details!

Thanks!

Junior Member jiaxinloves is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi gracebeh,

Are you looking for ROM photography?

I have a Livesnapps ROM shoot package which I’m letting go. The package is worth $488, but we’re letting it go at $388. Reason for letting go is because we’ve decided to push back our wedding to 2014, but this package is only available for year 2013 only!

You can take a look at their website here: http://livesnapps.com/

Do email me at germaine.xin@gmail.com for more details!

Thanks!

Junior Member Haottusp is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    tink i am a little late... planning dec 13... but i got no idea how to start for the banquet prep...