Urgent Question

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Urgent Question

Junior Member joyfulgal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Urgent Question

Do you ladies think it would be weird to have the traditonal sit-down dinner but without the SOP like, march in, cake cutting and champagne pouring.

Just engage a live band to sing for 2 sets of 45 mins, tat's all.

Another alternative is buffet dinner but also without the march in and etc. Just the live band of 2 singing only.

Am quite a low key person, dun like those march in n stuff. Having ROM for 6yrs aleady, holding this banquet is purely for my parents sake. Now I'm so vexed which direction to go becos we are inviting 90% are relatives...

Member hanachiaki is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Personally, I dont think its weird. Its your wedding after all. You can do what you like, as long as you are happy. Sometimes its good to "break the tradition".

Member cindyopw is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yes i agree! just do what you want. while it is important to compromise and please our parents... we have to remember that it is afterall, our wedding as well (:

Junior Member victorliang is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi , most importantly both of you are enjoying the special occassion.my gf n me also doesnt like e marc-in thingy.

Junior Member joyfulgal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thank you guys for your advice

I'm feeling so overwhelmed by all the tradition and really have the thought now to call off everything. I'm so sick of people coming to tell me this gotta follow, tat gotta follow... I told my mum that I will only agree to a banquet if everything is planned as simple as possible. She said ok.. But now my sis told me the date I selected is not ideal for wedding, but I already checked and it's ok. She said if date dun select properly, will "chong" whoever lah. My in law side also have lots of tradition tat wants us to follow and becos of all these crap I have not been talking to my husband for days.

I just wan things simple but why is it just so difficult!!!

Junior Member pinkfreeze is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I feel you! Like totally because I myself wanted a simple fuss free wedding. Haha and I learnt a lesson and my advice is if anyone can just refrain from letting the parents know earlier it would be gd..because............. i am just as irritated when planning for the wedding now..when relatives or parents start to comment about this that bla and the list goes on..

There's lots of comments and suggestions being thrown around but my point is this is my wedding and I am paying for it so why should I be doing it according to what others say right? But then I think this is something every bride and groom faces we just got to ignore it and shut it all out as much as we can.

Member cindyopw is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i agree! i only let my parents know the venue after i've signed up for it. my fiance and i decided that we only want maximum 20 tables, so we told our parents that the location can only cater up to 20 tables... even though truth it the total number of tables could be higher.

parents are of a view different view when it comes to wedding and it can be quite frustrating sometimes! i mean... it is my wedding, i'm the one paying for it.. it is my once in a lifetime, not somebody else's.. so shouldn't i be able to make the decisions e.g. who to invite, who to not invite?

ohwells. sighs.

Member yellowdaisy is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    It's your own personal choice really. You can deviate from the norms in your wedding.

Member charmbracelet is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Both is good actually. Just figure out which you really prefer to do for your wedding.

Junior Member Poropunenko is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Тема

Извините за офф-топик, не подскажете, где можно такой же симпатичный шаблон для блога взять?

Member missvictoria is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I guess that's fine. it's really up to you.

Member 2014ftw is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I totally hear you. People who barely know you suddenly have a lot of opinions about what you "should" be doing on your wedding day, and are horrified when you don't follow every single obscure tradition. And then there's family drama on top of that.

I don't have a good answer for you on how to deal with all the reactions that you're going to get to doing things the untraditional way, unfortunately.

It's very difficult to find a good balance between being true to yourself, and being comfortable on your own wedding day vs respecting the desires of elders, and "tradition".

Personally, I think there's no harm in having a low-key wedding with no march in/cake-cutting/champagne-pouring. It sounds lovely to me, to focus on celebrating in your own way, that makes you comfortable. Perhaps you can find a compromise to include traditional elements (eg. tea ceremony) in a smaller group setting, so that it's traditional but low-key?

I wish you well!!! Hope your wedding will be a happy and comfortable day for all

Member candycola is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Whichever is fine.

Junior Member daphn3t is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I agree with the girls here. It's your wedding, do it your way. At the end of the day, it's your event to remember for life. If you give in on an issue which you don't agree on, you will remember it for life and be irritated/annoyed by it constantly.

Unfortunately, there will always be people who think they are helping and offering unwanted advice... "you MUST do this, you MUST do that" - I always reply "does it mean that if I follow all these traditions, my husband and I will not have any arguments throughout our lives at all? A marriage still requires both sides to put in effort. It doesn't mean that you follow tradition and everything will be put in place"

Member winkwink is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i think the buffet dinner with bands are better.