Wedding Ang Bao Market Rates in Singapore 2015

luvkero

I think this list will be so useful and save me a lot of headache of checking the banquet prices and calculating haha =)

lorrainelai

Some figures I see there are over-quoted. For example, Swissotel merchant court is at most $120 per pax (not $130). Some are also under-quoted, for example Conrad is at least $140 per pax (not $130).

PerfectPixie

Hi lorrainelai, the figures are to be taken as a guideline and not a hard and fast rule of the red packet to give to the couple. Some hotels have extra charges such as corkage charges which will increase the cost of holding a banquet. Some hotels charge GST and Service charge on top of the banquet prices, and there are some which charge nett figures for each banquet table. At the end of the day, this serves as a guideline to help couples cover the bulk of the cost and to bless the couple.

zxiank

Specially created an account to feedback on this. Agreed with what lorrainelai says, the list is erroneous. As an example, from my own research, I was quoted the same price (including service charges and GST) for both Goodwood Park and Grand Hyatt but the figures here for Grand Hyatt is $30 lower. On the other hand, Hilton is over-quoted $30 more.

The real problem lies in the under-stated figures. Given that this list got publicize in popular media and our local newspapers, many people will use this misquoted price for their ang baos. If unfortunately, a couple held their banquet in Grand Hyatt and guests generally gave $30 lesser for their ang baos. $30 * 20 tables * 10 guest per table = $6k.

Ironically, you guys mentioned that this list is to help couples. It is a great checklist and very useful to couples, but while the intention is right, do remember to do it responsibly. Figures that are not certain should have an "Estimated" or some other warning signs beside it.

PerfectPixie

Hi lorrainelai and zxlank, thank you for your feedback. Hotel banquet table prices change from time to time as hotels update their banquet prices. We will do our best to update the latest price range. If you estimate that certain hotel prices require updating, please pm me. Thank you.

ziel

Hi there,

Does this rates apply to wedding dinners which are buffet style not the banquet type?

Many thanks in advance

princesssy

The price list is not very accurate. Marina Mandarin is definitely cheaper than Marriott but the stated ang bao is different.

To admin: Maybe can review on the price list again

jeremychew

lol its just a rough guide to all...
actually it depends on which hotel u book and what package u took...

if there is alot of additional stuffs, then of course this guide will not work...
based on my research and all the brochures i got from the hotels, it is still within the guide as in per pax per table...
certain hotel has table of 12 and i believe this is only based on the wedding table - food itself and does not includes those add ons ...

chewthegum

this guide is good enough..
true, not many-i would say not maybe 60-70% will give to you the amount just enough to cover.

as a 2011 bride. i still received $50,$80,$100 ang pow money. only those very close & understanding & those going to get marry, will give you enough to cover.
so for me, those whoever gave me so $50,$80,$100..in the next few years when they get marry, i will give back the amount they give me or add abit to make it a nice amt. because that's what i heard lah, have to record the amt when they give, so next time have to return..
and so far for all my friend's wedding, i gave enough to cover, so it can be quite disappointing when you see those who give you little..worst is you attended his/her wedding with a partner, he/she came alone and give 1 ppl's share!

don't hope to earn..if you're enough to break-even, thats very good. but also prepare to fork out at least $5K. ask your hotel/restaurant for credit card rebates. i had my dinner @ fairmont/swissotel, we used iirc 4 ccs and managed to get abt 2K+ rebates! so ask ard your friends/relatives to help you to sign to get the rebates.