Wedding Banquet at Grand Hyatt - Page 2
    
 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40
  1. #16
    Junior Member Kartika is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2
    Perfect Points
    2.7
    View Wedding Profile
    Hello Joed

    Congratulations on the decision of the venue! I must say that is one of the hardest choice to make ya ? I am still twiddling my fingers and trying to decide on the venue.. shall sit tight and think it over the weekend!

    Any advise on Marriott Hotel/Ballroom/Food though? That is another venue for consideration..

  2. #17
    Junior Member Ginnybeanie is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    14
    Perfect Points
    10.8
    View Wedding Profile
    hi kartika, my friend had her wedding at Marriott and everything went great! The service from the coordinator was good, attentive to her needs. The guests enjoyed the dinner as well. Have you spoken to them yet?

  3. #18
    Junior Member antgdelw is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3
    Perfect Points
    1.1
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by joed View Post
    Hi BTBs,

    I am sourcing for my wedding banquet next year and went to the recent wedding fair at Hyatt. Surprisingly, it has a new area called the Gallery (only since Nov 2010). The Gallery includes the loft kitchen (aka the cocktail/reception area) and also another area with sofas that your guests can sit and chat while having their cocktails & canapes.. The main ballroom is between two smaller rooms, where one can be used for solemnization, the other can be used as your changing/make-up room, so you need not rush up to your suite to change, etc... it is quite spacious and cosy, your close friends & relatives who arrive early can share the room with you too.

    However, my question is do you think it is worth paying more than $1500 per table ($1288++) at Hyatt when we are paying the same price, if not lower at some other higher class hotels (e.g. shangri-la, the fullerton, etc). But i can't go for these as I can't meet the minimum required tables... I only have about 25 tables...
    The other two shortlisted hotels are Four Seasons & Crowne Plaza...

    Appreciate if you can share your thoughts, alternate hotels that you can think of... Best if you have attended/held your wedding at The Gallery and share you experience with me.

    Thank you!

    Hi Joed,

    I'm considering the Gallery too. But alas I was overseas for work during the wedding fair. Can check with you what are the perks that the hotel has given during the wedding fair?

    thnx thnx!

  4. #19
    Junior Member joed is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9
    Perfect Points
    15.6
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by antgdelw View Post
    Hi Joed,

    I'm considering the Gallery too. But alas I was overseas for work during the wedding fair. Can check with you what are the perks that the hotel has given during the wedding fair?

    thnx thnx!
    Hi,

    The perks are actually one magnum wine per confirmed table, upgrade of deluxe room to a suite, etc. I can't remember all though. But just to also informed you, the coordinator did not reply me at all after I checked if can change one of the dish to an alternative becasue not all my guests takes bef.. but since then she hasn't replied me.. and no one answered when I called either...
    So I was really glad I didn't sign up with them.. can't imagine what if I already paid the deposit and needed so help or changes and simply can't get in touch with anyone...
    Hence, i gave up the idea on Hyatt.. if you are confident with your coordinator's service, then, yes I would think it is a nice place. Good luck!

  5. #20
    Junior Member antgdelw is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3
    Perfect Points
    1.1
    View Wedding Profile
    Thanks joed! Just out of curiosity - who was your coordinator?


    Quote Originally Posted by joed View Post
    Hi,

    The perks are actually one magnum wine per confirmed table, upgrade of deluxe room to a suite, etc. I can't remember all though. But just to also informed you, the coordinator did not reply me at all after I checked if can change one of the dish to an alternative becasue not all my guests takes bef.. but since then she hasn't replied me.. and no one answered when I called either...
    So I was really glad I didn't sign up with them.. can't imagine what if I already paid the deposit and needed so help or changes and simply can't get in touch with anyone...
    Hence, i gave up the idea on Hyatt.. if you are confident with your coordinator's service, then, yes I would think it is a nice place. Good luck!

  6. #21
    Member crystaline is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33
    Perfect Points
    6.8
    View Wedding Profile
    hi, how about hibiscus room, is it pillarless?

  7. #22
    Senior Member PrincessCrystal is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    449
    Perfect Points
    292.4
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by crystaline View Post
    hi, how about hibiscus room, is it pillarless?
    i was there for a seminar last year and if i didn't remember wrongly, it is pillarless and the room is so much more nicer than magnolia/vanda room. i wanted to book hibiscus room but the date i want someone else taken already.

  8. #23
    Member crystaline is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33
    Perfect Points
    6.8
    View Wedding Profile
    hi crystal, thanks for ur info. hows the height ceiling of hibiscus room?

  9. #24
    Senior Member PrincessCrystal is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    449
    Perfect Points
    292.4
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by crystaline View Post
    hi crystal, thanks for ur info. hows the height ceiling of hibiscus room?
    i can't remember but the height is not as high as the grandballroom but definitely higher than the magnolia/vanda room. the lightings in the room is nice!

  10. #25
    Junior Member jeslintan81 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3
    Perfect Points
    1.5
    View Wedding Profile
    Hihi,

    I am BTB at Grand Hyatt this coming 24/12/2011 and will be using the hibiscus room... i do have the picture for hibiscus room:

    wedding room before set up.JPG

    wedding reception area.JPG

    grand hyatt wedding room1.JPG

  11. #26
    Junior Member jeslintan81 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3
    Perfect Points
    1.5
    View Wedding Profile
    Oh ya the picture for the first one is before set up... 2 picture is where ur guest gather for the tea reception just outside hibiscus room and the last one is one of the design after set up ^^ hope this can help ^^

  12. #27
    Member crystaline is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33
    Perfect Points
    6.8
    View Wedding Profile
    thanks jeslin its veri nice!

  13. #28
    Junior Member s_te_ll_a is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    9
    Perfect Points
    7.9
    View Wedding Profile
    hey~...i'm also BTB using hibiscus room in dec!..=)
    i dunno but i feel like the room seems a little bare...the deco seems really simple...not high class enough given the price...u babes got think of any DIY plans for this issue?

    I like the privacy of the reception...thinking of planning some stuff but haven't thought of what to do yet....any ideas?...=)

  14. #29
    Junior Member jadyling is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    21
    Perfect Points
    4.0
    View Wedding Profile
    To all GH BTB, is there free flow beer for you guys?

  15. #30
    Junior Member jeslintan81 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3
    Perfect Points
    1.5
    View Wedding Profile

    Thumbsup

    Quote Originally Posted by s_te_ll_a View Post
    hey~...i'm also BTB using hibiscus room in dec!..=)
    i dunno but i feel like the room seems a little bare...the deco seems really simple...not high class enough given the price...u babes got think of any DIY plans for this issue?

    I like the privacy of the reception...thinking of planning some stuff but haven't thought of what to do yet....any ideas?...=)

    Ya agree...i also love the recpection area... private and quiet ^^

Similar Threads

  1. Grand Hyatt Singapore Wedding Banquet Price List 2015-2016
    By Wedding Banquet Fairy in forum Wedding Banquet Price List
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 25-12-2015, 01:58 PM
  2. Grand Hyatt vs Regent vs Traders
    By rojak in forum Wedding Banquet & Solemnization Venues
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 14-12-2015, 09:54 AM
  3. Grand Hyatt Wedding Banquet Package for SALE on 12th Nov 2011
    By Gallery12Nov in forum Bridal & Banquet Marketplace
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-09-2011, 12:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts