Wedding finances

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member Joonming is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Wedding finances

Dear all, I'm a fresh grad who got recently employed at a decent company with an average pay. If my bto comes in approx 2 years time and I'm gonna hold a wedding dinner in max 2.5 -3 years time, how much should I set aside a month for the huge cash flow in the near future?

Junior Member chaijing is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Joonming, it really depends on how much you're willing to spend for your wedding dinner. Generally, hotels cost about $850 - $900 per table (but most hotel banquet would range from $1000 - $1300 per table now). If you can include inflation, I'm not surprised that in 3 years' time, per table can go up to about $1200, with lower ranges like.. $1000.

you then need to think through what you're willing to spend on as there are many more things to budget for, e.g. wedding gown/suit, wedding car (if needed), photography (pre-wedding/actual day) etc.

Senior Member snowy is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    total about 200k for wedding + renovation, but yet it depends what kind of wedding you want to hold. lavish, economical or small?

ZSW
    Member ZSW is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    we recently spent about $50k in total for our house reno + furniture.. took up reno loan for $30k as that's the max amount. so we paying about $600 per month for 5 years to pay off the loan.
    for wedding, bridal package is about $4000 by 3 years time? Mine was booked last year at $3,600. we split the cost into 3 installments.
    banquet, ours is 4 star hotel - Carlton cost about $1,200 per table after adding the cost of beer, extra charges.
    additional cost comes in terms of the chinese ceremony of betrothal, bed setting and all.
    one very impt to note is, if you are on budget, get a hotel that doesn't charge GST. Carlton doesn't so it's still afforable. But the moment you take the GST into consideration, it can amount to a few k difference.
    to date, we lost count of how much we have spent but it's really quite a substantial amount. Don't forget the wedding rings as well.

Junior Member MissyJojo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hmm... i'm planning too... probably spending abt 55k for banquet (hopefully to get back at least 2/3) and 10-15k for pre-wedding photoshoot..

Senior Member blur blur gal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    So far from all the costs on wedding things from wedding dinner, bridal package, gdl, wedding bands we had
    Spent 30k now

Member autumn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yeah. i think you should evaluate your option first because it is quite hard to set aside money, only finding out that it is not enough for the wedding.

Member cremecheska is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    it would depend on the kind of wedding that you're gonna do, the number of your guests and how much you're willing to pay for it.

Member loveleevanilla is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    it would depend on the type of wedding that you want to do.

Member pienutbutter is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I think you should take out about a third of your monthly salary to save it.

Member mehmeh is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I think you should think about what kind of wedding you want to have, huge scale or small and intimate. Work backwards! After deciding what type of wedding you want to have, budget your costs carefully on each item and it'll be easier to find out the total cost and split it evenly from now till your AD to see how much you have to save per month

Member thereddress is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    that depends on how much you earn and your daily expenses. also the kind of wedding you'll have

Senior Member emmaswan is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    How many times have you applied for a bto?

Junior Member shirleyyto is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I planned a simple wedding, did away with the photoshoot as HTB and I decided to go for taiwan photoshoot after our house settled and i successfully really slim down. We holding wedding dinner just because the old folks insisted since he's the eldest son.

Bridal pkge $1488 (actually $2288 but nego till $1488)
    include 2 gown, 1 tea dress, 2 father jacket, 2 set groom's suit, groom and fathers corsages, MUA for day and night

Wedding car $350 (Chrysler)

PG cum VG $888 full day

Restaurant deposit $2000
    ($700per table X20tables max)
    At the moment only prepared all these.

Member cuddlyhugs is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    perhaps a third of your salary would enough, combined with the salary of your hubby to be.