Is wedding lunch acceptable?

livingbox2012

I have an issue here. My family is resistance to having a lunch banquet.
Several factors like racing against time & relative's impression seems to put them off to support my decision for lunch banquet.

kpi

I have an issue here. My family is resistance to having a lunch banquet.
Several factors like racing against time & relative's impression seems to put them off to support my decision for lunch banquet.

Is not easy and if you can cut certain items then is possible.

Audrey21

I did a wedding lunch and it was great. More time to mingle with friends and you get plenty of time to rest afterwards. No one complained that it was cheap. It's IN! You have to cut short some formalities (such as having tea at hotel) though :)

Worth considering :)

vince009

What the push and pull factor for the wedding lunch in the first place. Consider the facts then discuss with the families member. End of the day, both parties must be agreeable.

DONT PUSH, else you will live to regret

Tenshi

I had wedding lunch and no one is complaining about it. My relatives enjoyed it and they also had a very filling lunch, some even skipped their dinner :) I had feedback from some of them which they find that doing tea and lunch at the same location is good so that they dun have to rush to go for the tea then rush home to prepare to go for dinner.

The only set back is that your guest might give you a smaller ang bao as to many people lunch is cheaper.

Having wedding lunch is better for all your guest especially after the lunch, it's easier for them to make their way home or even go else where.

milkyteas

Yeah, Of course it is okay. it does not matter if it's for lunch or dinner. you can choose the convenient time for you.

girlinlove

i think it's just alright. it's you wedding anyway. you don't have to force yourself to do it in some other time and inconvenient yourself.

Catherinetanlf

i think wedding lunch is very common too ... i'm newlyweds and i'm holding a wedding lunch too. To me is really not so stressful and time consuming.
FYI, most of the hotel are quite fully booked even with wedding lunch now ..