Wedding lunches - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wedding lunches

Junior Member hazethenut is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
    hi graceg as per my knowledge, conrad seats a table of 12 pax compare to most other hotels that seats a table of 10 pax. Therefore with the price you have its still cheaper to do lunch.
    Hi
    It's table for 10pax for luncheons at Conrad. And the latest pricing is $968++ per table. Also do note that you have to pay for the rental of the projectors at about $500.
    But the ballroom is nice =)

Member chloelee is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by hazethenut View Post
    Hi
    It's table for 10pax for luncheons at Conrad. And the latest pricing is $968++ per table. Also do note that you have to pay for the rental of the projectors at about $500.
    But the ballroom is nice =)
    thanks for the info..

Member jadene33 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    extra 500 for projectors??... =/

Junior Member lumu is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    $500 for projector? Did other hotels also charge?

Junior Member koonie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hey.. i think some do, some don't so must check properly..

Junior Member jingli is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    by right shouldnt charge leh but by left they want to earn more so charge lo
    try to bargain if possible?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hmm, yes some hotels provide for free and some don't. Conrad is one of those that charge. You are however given the choice to source for your own vendor and bring them in for use. I was told it'll be maybe about a hundred or so cheaper if you rent it outside.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    oh ya, remember to ask abt the sound system too, no. of mics you can use, etc. esp if you want to bring in a band or so. some places may need you to bring in additional sound system.

Member chloelee is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by hazethenut View Post
    oh ya, remember to ask abt the sound system too, no. of mics you can use, etc. esp if you want to bring in a band or so. some places may need you to bring in additional sound system.
    oh yes! good point. thanks for the reminder.

Member Ms Teddy is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Chloelee: yesh, some hotels do charge for rental of projectors.

Btw, I'm also doing a wedding luncheon on my AD. In fact, I hav just signed wif a hotel. Apart from negotiating on waiver of corkage, freeflow beer, extra carpark coupons, invitation cards, etc. U may also wana ask d following:
    A) Complimentary use of function room if u r having tea ceremony in d hotel before/after your luncheon. Ask also if teapot & tea b provided
    B) Early check-in to Bridal Suite
    C) Special rate if u need to book extra room for your guests
    D) No. of servers - it 1 per table or 2 per 3 tables?
    E) Charge for Muslim & Vegetarian menu - for some hotels, they charge on a per person basis. e.g. Ur banquet is $1000/table for 10 person. d Muslim & Vegetarian menu is $100/person. However, this charge is NOT part of d $1000. Therefore, u still must have a table of 10 having d Chinese menu.
    There r also some hotels that charge additional 10% on top of d package BUT these guests r considered as part of d 10 person.

Hope d above info helps

Member poohbeary is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i oso like the idea of wedding lunch leh...coz i got a fren who had a wedding lunch then after that can go rest and go shopping with her husband leow...hahahah...but some elders in the family still think wedding dinner more proper lor...haizzz...

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    D major difference of wedding lunch & dinner is TIME. For lunch, it is definitely much tighter den doing dinner. So must plan ur program wisely. For lunch, its v 'chop chop'. No idling time in between. Here's some things to consider:
    - Tea Ceremony @ Hotel
    To save traveling time, u may wana explore d possibility of doing d tea ceremony in d hotel b4 d luncheon. hee, but this gotta seek approval frm parents 1st. By doing so, u also don't nd to hav a buffet which is d case if u hold d tea ceremony at home. For my case, my parents r ok. So my relatives will come earlier to d hotel for d tea ceremony b4 d lunch.
    ***NOTE: If ur doing so, please remember to indicate in your wedding card to ur relatives on d time of d tea

- Outdoor PS
    Due to time constraint, don't think will hav much time to go for PS. Some couples give it a miss but if u want, suggest to go nearby location near ur banquet venue.

- Morning Express Highlights
    For those who like to play d morning express video during d banquet, this might b quite tough for lunch. U can try to source for videographer (VG) who can do so but I personally think its v rush. Afraid that will compromise d quality of d end product. For me, I'll still engage a VG to capture d event but I'll not request for morning express to b produced on d same day. On d other hand, most prob I'll b having livefeed during d lunch.
    - Ang Pao
    Some guests may assume that luncheon = buffet. So it's advisable to indicate on d wedding cards that it's a 8 course sit-down lunch. If u wana play safe, let them noe verbally too. Keke. In case they didn't read that part of d card.

As for Ang Paos, it's true that in generally, luncheon is cheaper den dinner so I think it's likely that some guests may Pao lesser..BUT do bear in mind that guests usually don't drink much during luncheon. So that cud save some $ on ur part. Also, maybe ur guests won't sabotage ur partner to drink alot during luncheon. Surely, we don't want our partner to bcome a 'Merlion' when sending d guests. For my luncheon, it's actually nt cheap..$1k per table of 10. But it's still cheaper den dinner at d same premise. I chose d place for it's food, service & d fact that it fits our table requirements. If u ask me, ha, if possible, i dont wish to incur too much but i surely can't expect my guests to cover. So im prepared for it. Will take it as a bonus if can break-even

Hee, at d end of d lunch event, can rest & relax in d bridal room..nice!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    poohberry: when's ur AD? Hav u started sourcing ard for ur banquet venue?

Yup, some older generations esp those who havnt gone for wedding luncheon b4 may hav this impression that wedding banquet must b dinner..weird if doing lunch. That's y I tot I will face alot of resistance from both side of our parents on doing a lunch..esp when we highlight that d tea ceremony will b held in d hotel. Cos some parents think it's more appropriate to do it at home, I was so surprise that they r ok wif it.

Junior Member sweelina is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I am luckily that my parents and In-law are okay with Wedding Luncheon.. But I need a lot of time planning as ours is ROM, Tea ceremony + Luncheon.. Still deciding between country clubs & hotels.. Ours abt 8 tables also some places are limited.. so far shortlisted Furama City centre, Seletar CC, Orchid COuntry Club & Mandarin Orchard (most ex).. Cant decide i am considering on food then places.

Member mellowhearts is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Oh...ROM, Tea Ceremony + Luncheon...? Sounds like your day has to start really early. Are all the 3 taking place in the luncheon venue? Time planning has to be tight coz won't want the luncheon time to run late. Hungry guests are not fun...haha...

8 tables make it a very intimate setting regardless of the venue. Oh just a note, if it's Furama City Centre, do remember to specify it for your guests coz some people confuse it with Furama Riverfront...!