Wedding lunches - Page 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wedding lunches

Member Ms Teddy is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Sweelina: Happy for u that both ur parents r fine wif doing luncheon.
    Have u tried d food at d venues u shortlisted? Can't give u much reviews abt them cos I havnt tried their cuisine b4. For Orchid Country Club, r u looking at Peach Garden Restaurant? Cos i hav recently attended a dinner banquet there & d food was gd. Serving portion also quite generous.

Timing will b tighter if u r having solemnization on d same day. So suggest if u hav gatecrash, hav it earlier.

My ROM over but I'll still hav my gatecrash earlier. Cos dun wana rush & have some window time in between each event to cater for any delays..

Junior Member sweelina is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowhearts View Post
    Oh...ROM, Tea Ceremony + Luncheon...? Sounds like your day has to start really early. Are all the 3 taking place in the luncheon venue? Time planning has to be tight coz won't want the luncheon time to run late. Hungry guests are not fun...haha...

8 tables make it a very intimate setting regardless of the venue. Oh just a note, if it's Furama City Centre, do remember to specify it for your guests coz some people confuse it with Furama Riverfront...!
    Hi mellowhearts, thanks for the reminder over Furama City Centre!

Ya i already have plan for lunch to commence concurrently with tea ceremony. Friends eat.. Relatives - tea ceremony then eat since we have only 20 relatives.. Hope it is less time consuming but also have to reach there early lor...

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Teddy View Post
    Sweelina: Happy for u that both ur parents r fine wif doing luncheon.
    Have u tried d food at d venues u shortlisted? Can't give u much reviews abt them cos I havnt tried their cuisine b4. For Orchid Country Club, r u looking at Peach Garden Restaurant? Cos i hav recently attended a dinner banquet there & d food was gd. Serving portion also quite generous.

Timing will b tighter if u r having solemnization on d same day. So suggest if u hav gatecrash, hav it earlier.

My ROM over but I'll still hav my gatecrash earlier. Cos dun wana rush & have some window time in between each event to cater for any delays..
    Ms. Teddy: I went to Orchid Country club today with my htb. to meet up with OCC coordinator. Received a quotation from peach garden few wks back but did not manage to meet up with them.. Partly bcos the PG coordinator require me to meet ard evening only My Wedding lunch will be FULL vegetarian.. Orchid Country club caters veg buffet from Grace Court Veg@Hotel Queen which are good for us.. But peach garden also offers a vegetarian menu which i requested.. Wanted to go in to have a look but HTB dun want.. I see a company event gg on so they do block one side of the room..

Still deciding between OCC, Seletar CC & Furama City centre as is within our budget.. Headache

Member mellowhearts is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi sweelina: Have your coordinator do the time check for you during your wedding day so you won't exceed the time allocated for each. For the tea ceremony, you may also want to get your parents to gently remind your relatives to be on time for the luncheon cos some of the older generations will still show up "fashionably" late which may cause some delay on your timing.

Member mellowhearts is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    About the venue, is OCC, Seletar CC and Furama City Centre the places both you and your HTB have shortlisted? Are there any particular factors you are looking out for? Would be easier to make a comparison between the 3 shortlisted venues if you have an idea of what you would want since all 3 would be within your budget.

Accessibility? Feel of the ballroom? Menu?

Good news is: You have already found not 1, but 3 options that you can consider! Challenging bit is to decide. Have a good chat with your HTB.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowhearts View Post
    About the venue, is OCC, Seletar CC and Furama City Centre the places both you and your HTB have shortlisted? Are there any particular factors you are looking out for? Would be easier to make a comparison between the 3 shortlisted venues if you have an idea of what you would want since all 3 would be within your budget.

Accessibility? Feel of the ballroom? Menu?

Good news is: You have already found not 1, but 3 options that you can consider! Challenging bit is to decide. Have a good chat with your HTB.
    mellowhearts: thanks! The reasons for choosing these 3 places is bcos 1) they cater vegetarian which many hotels do not except Meritus Mandarin (But too ex plus GST is near to $1K per table) 2) We are looking for Veg buffet menu which 3 places provides

Now shortlisted to Seletar CC & OCC.. HTB prefer SCC cos is cheaper lolx & the feel of the ballroom is better.. OCC cost slightly more but is more accessible they provide shuttle bus@Yishun MRT which is better. SCC is only accesible by car so we may have to provide transport for guests that do not drive... HTB will respect my choice

Member pretty bride is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    any good hotels to suggest for lunch? personal experiences to share? i'm looking at a wedding dinner actually, but after looking at all the comments, i'm starting to think maybe lunch's not such a bad idea afterall. anws i've already had an evening ROM at illido, so i guess, one evening, one afternoon, the photos also got more contrast and more variety. (:

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by pretty bride View Post
    any good hotels to suggest for lunch? personal experiences to share? i'm looking at a wedding dinner actually, but after looking at all the comments, i'm starting to think maybe lunch's not such a bad idea afterall. anws i've already had an evening ROM at illido, so i guess, one evening, one afternoon, the photos also got more contrast and more variety. (:

Pan Pacific is quite famous for wedding luncheon.. U may want to check it out

Junior Member tinkle is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    You guys can consider having caterers for wedding lunches too. Just attended a friend's wedding lunch at Hort Park recently. They used Purple Sage. I heard Orange Clove wedding workshop was last month and Purple Sage's one is coming up.

Member pretty bride is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by sweelina View Post
    Pan Pacific is quite famous for wedding luncheon.. U may want to check it out
    Thanks sweelina, I will go and have a look! (:

Member kimchoo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i still like the idea of the wedding luncheon...imagine having a whole afternoon free after the wedding is over...hahah! pan pacific sounds nice!

Member fy5fo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Haha, I am also in a dilemma! Lunch or dinner? Initially I wanted lunch as it seems more relaxing, then dinner after a friend said dinner can definitely earn more. I think the amount of red packets you will receive depends on the guests you are inviting as well, so invite wisely. I have also read somewhere that people normally do not state what kind of meal it is on their wedding invitation card, so I think it will help to state clearly - example, "lunch 9 course meal + desserts"? In that way, people may get an idea how much to give.

Member cryoaz is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I'm doing lunch as well and then after lunch will be just me and htb going for post wedding outdoor shoot...

Member aspire is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    A wedding lunch is really a good idea. It will save you more money and the atmosphere would during the banquet would be less formal and more casual.

Junior Member rywting is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi, i wanted to have my rom solemnisation cum lunch + tea ceremony in the hotel ..but i dont know what should be the flow.. i only will have about 60 pax for that day..