Wedding at One Degree 15 - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Junior Member cheeky is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi lassymoo, I agree with you that this place is not easily accessible by guests. MRT/ busses/ sentosa shuttle/ sentosa express will not reach this place without walking. In my case since I am doing only for 30 people I plan to book a bus to pick up my guests. Otherwise they can take cab to this place (Sentosa admission will be waived).

I spoke to my banquet manager he mentioned that his company's outsourced transportation is priced atS$85++ per trip. That, in my opinion, is a bit steep - you could actually book yourself for probably 60% of the quoted price.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by ykexin View Post
    I will be holding 2 wedding events at 1 degree 15 this sat too.... 1 luncheon for family n relatives in the ballroom... Buffet dinner with friends at Boater's Bar at night... Really looking forward to it...
    Hi ykexin, congrats again on the wedding! i hope you had a beautiful celebration! Any feedback of the place/F&B/ manager/ organization?

cheers

Junior Member seabride is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Cheeky & ykexin
    Can share your thought and picture on your wedding/solemnization event at one degree marina club?
    I plan to have my solemnization lunch at there but quite worry about the decoration. I plan to use Nova Room.

Thank You

Junior Member ykexin is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    We had a fabulous time at 1 degree 15... The service level of all the staff were excellent... I would strongly recommend Rahim (my bauquet manager). He run both events for me and ensure everything is well taken care of, even down to details, making sure we had drinks and food for my buffet dinner as we were so busy entertaining guest at night...

Based on the feedback I received for food... food is good for both bauquet lunch and buffet dinner. When we went for food tasting for our bauquet lunch, we gave them quite a lot of feedback on food as it was not up to our expectations. They took our feedback seriously and actual day lunch were very much improved based on our feedback.

I invited about 240 guests for both events and they all managed to find their way there, so no worries... hee hee... For my older relatives, I hired a mini bus to fetch them to and from the location. Despite not being a convenient location, my parents and relatives all agreed that 1 degree 15 is a nice location... very different from the usual hotel.. So I believe people will like it there once they reach the location...

As for deco, the ballroom was setup the usual way with aisle stands, stage flowers, center peice for 2 VIP tables. I did a bit more for the Boater's Bar as I had additional sash that surround the place so that it will not look empty... My sisters did comment that more can be done to the Boater's Bar but I was working on a budget so did not want to spend too much on decor...Also, if it rain, all the Boater's Bar deco would have gone down the drain... so have to strike a balance..

I cant really comment a lot on Nova Room as I have not used it but I think you can rest assured with the service level... It is so much better than the ser

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I cant really comment a lot on Nova Room as I have not used it but I think you can rest assured with the service level... It is so much better than the service I had seen at a lot of the city hotels...

I dont have a lot of photos to share as it is still with my photographer... but I have picked 4 which can tell you a little bit about the ambience and decor of both the Ballroom and Boater's Bar.

Member Rachel Lee is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Ykexin,

Congrats, your wedding was yesterday right? I was the couple with Vincent. Your set up was elegant and pretty!

Most of the decor will need check with the florist provided by them.
    Hence my next step is to talk June florist, got my measurements taken and next sit back relax abit till august.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi ykexin,Congrats and enjoy ur new life

thanks for the info & pic.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi rachel,
    Mind to share ur package?

thanks in advance

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Congrats ykexin! it's a relief to hear that things went very well. ;) Nice pics btw.

i have yet to sign the solemnization package at Nova Room - hence no feedback..Mine is with Loong - kinda straightforward guy but he sure is helpful ;) last week we're about to sign, but because we havent talked to june florist we requested to hold it until we speak to june florist *she hasnt replied to our email ;(

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by seabride View Post
    hi rachel,
    Mind to share ur package?

thanks in advance
    Hi seabride,

No prob, what is your email ?

Junior Member baobi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Dears, do we have to approach june florist our self? Just mention that mw is one degree 15 de btb can le huh?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by baobi View Post
    Hi Dears, do we have to approach june florist our self? Just mention that mw is one degree 15 de btb can le huh?
    Ya baobi, I just dropped an email to Peggy from June florist and mentioned that my coordinator from one degree15 asked me to contact you for the details of the floral decor.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I just made a appointment with Peggy from June Florist and went down to her shop personally to decide on the floral decor. I think it might be easier for you to give her a call instead.

Btw, I also order stalks of roses as door gifts for my guest at night.. and her roses are beautiful and big... hee hee...

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Lee View Post
    Hi seabride,

No prob, what is your email ?
    Hi Rachel,
    My email is livyenyen@hotmail.com

Thanks

Junior Member baobi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Rachel,

U have any details in regard to your ballroom decos from peggy?
    Can send me? elektra.min@gmail.com

Thanks alot!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Lee View Post
    Hi Ykexin,

Congrats, your wedding was yesterday right? I was the couple with Vincent. Your set up was elegant and pretty!

Most of the decor will need check with the florist provided by them.
    Hence my next step is to talk June florist, got my measurements taken and next sit back relax abit till august.