Wedding Venue at Concorde Hotel Singapore (F.K.A Le Meridien Singapore)

poshberries

Hi, anyone hold or know someone that has their wedding banquet at Concorde Hotel Singapore? Pls give good or bad feedbacks. I need some real advices. How is their service, food, overall experience? Pls share. Thanks.

Jecca

hi poshberries, i went to Concorde Hotel for my friend's wedding last year. i got the 'whoa' feeling when i stepped into the hotel haha, it's so big. the decor was beautiful, everywhere looked nicely decorated. food wise, no complaints. the baby abalone was soft and tender, pity they don't serve adult abalone. i heard it's more expensive that's why lol. Only thing i didnt like was that the staff were not very responsive to our needs, eg refill water when cup almost no water. Have to keep calling them over to refill haha.

spoke to my friend about her banquet, was surprised that she paid quite a reasonable sum for it, considering that most hotels are like above $1k+ for wedding banquet per table now. think she paid about $800+ before service and gst. in the end, i think concorde is a good place for wedding. personally i feel that don't need to get too high end hotel for banquet and pay so much, because the difference can pay for a nicer honeymoon or more house renovation. if get so high end restaurant, the cost will be passed down to your friends and relatives who are coming also. have you booked your banquet with concorde yet?

Jecca

hi poshberries, i went to Concorde Hotel for my friend's wedding last year. i got the 'whoa' feeling when i stepped into the hotel haha, it's so big. the decor was beautiful, everywhere looked nicely decorated. food wise, no complaints. the baby abalone was soft and tender, pity they don't serve adult abalone. i heard it's more expensive that's why lol. Only thing i didnt like was that the staff were not very responsive to our needs, eg refill water when cup almost no water. Have to keep calling them over to refill haha.

spoke to my friend about her banquet, was surprised that she paid quite a reasonable sum for it, considering that most hotels are like above $1k+ for wedding banquet per table now. think she paid about $800+ before service and gst. in the end, i think concorde is a good place for wedding. personally i feel that don't need to get too high end hotel for banquet and pay so much, because the difference can pay for a nicer honeymoon or more house renovation. if get so high end restaurant, the cost will be passed down to your friends and relatives who are coming also. have you booked your banquet with concorde yet?

poshberries

Hi Jecca, I really want to say a Big Thanks to you, especially for your sincere feedback. In fact, I cannot find or get anyone who ever patronised or know Concorde Hotel Singapore as their wedding banquet venue. I have been looking high & low and posting several questions in many wedding forums for months. Now that I heard from you, I am slightly more relieved. FYI, yes I have already confirmed my booking with them with a $3k deposit. The venue was ok, just that I find it a little dimmer, slightly traditional and older but quite spacious. And the service rendered by the wedding co-ord was good, that's why I chose them. Just that I am still a little worried for the food wise and the service staffs' attitudes etc. Thank you.

I really hope and appreciate to hear more responses from everyone. Pls keep on posting. Thank you.

Jecca

you're welcome poshberries! :D glad that i can be of help to you for your wedding. yep, it's slightly dimmer than other hotels. only thing i can forsee it affecting is the photographs, but if you hav a decent photographer it shouldn't be a problem. Service by wedding co-ord is super important. Glad that you chose them because of their co-ord service, because if you need their help at least you know that they will be available to help you. i have heard of brides where the banquet co-ord was not cooperative, resulting in alot of last min headaches and stress on the couple. Holding a wedding so stressful already, every bit of service counts to lessen your load on your wedding day. :)

for service staff, you can request them to be more receptive to your guests needs like filling of water. i'm sure they wont mind. :) as for the food, i can say that between concorde and some other hotel wedding that i went, i couldn't really feel much difference between them haha. sometimes it's not really the case of when you pay more for hotel then you will get better food and everything. i was pretty satisfied with concorde's food. :) btw have you chosen your menu? they did give you a few options per dish to choose right?

Last edited:

poshberries

Hi, I have not chosen my food selection yet but my wedd dinner will be a 9-course one, and I hope to include the baby abalone as 1 of the dishes. I am relieved to hear that at least someone gave me a comment and was quite a good one. I do not want to have someone to come up to me suddenly and complain why this venue is so lousy and the food is not nice etc.

FYI, recently I received some newsletter from Concorde Hotel Singapore, they updated me things like Concorde received 30 awards (Gold, Silver & Star awards) in Service Excellence 2010 and famous french "spiderman" who climbed skyscrapers chose Concorde Hotel for his accommodation in Singapore, Home Team Singapore held their yearly dinner & dance in the same venue etc. Hopefully I did not make the wrong choice this time. God bless!

Jecca

Sounds like they are quite accomplished! Hope you enjoy your wedding dinner and everything goes fine for you. God bless your wedding and the rest of your wedding preparations! :D

poshberries

Jecca, you are a nice person. Thanks for your sincere feedback. I really hope I can have a successful wedding. God bless thee too!

But 1 serious thing to worry is my bridal package, it's giving me a real headache. So many people gave real bad feedbacks and I saw the situation of the gowns which were very frightening. The gowns' embroideries, crystal beads came off, got stained, turned yellow (discolourisation) and torn laces etc. This is extremely worrying as I have made full payment for the package. Jialatz liao! Sad BTB!!! :(

Missykirei

Harlow Poshberries! Me and my HTB are actually looking for an hotel with reasonable priced banquets too.. Do u mind sharing how much u paid for a table and things in the package with me? Thankiew! =)

Gladys

Hi, I have not chosen my food selection yet but my wedd dinner will be a 9-course one, and I hope to include the baby abalone as 1 of the dishes. I am relieved to hear that at least someone gave me a comment and was quite a good one. I do not want to have someone to come up to me suddenly and complain why this venue is so lousy and the food is not nice etc.

FYI, recently I received some newsletter from Concorde Hotel Singapore, they updated me things like Concorde received 30 awards (Gold, Silver & Star awards) in Service Excellence 2010 and famous french "spiderman" who climbed skyscrapers chose Concorde Hotel for his accommodation in Singapore, Home Team Singapore held their yearly dinner & dance in the same venue etc. Hopefully I did not make the wrong choice this time. God bless!

Hi poshberries, I am also looking at booking concorde hotel for my wedding banquet in 2012. Have you went down to the hotel to take a look at the reception area as well as the ball room? Is there any pillars blocking the stage view? Hope you could share with me your wedding package and prices too! =P

poshberries

Hi Gladys, I have already booked my wedding with Concorde. For my package, Free Bridal Suite for 1 night, 2 VIP parking lots, 20% carpark coupons for my guests and inclusive of 1 complimentary bottle of Red wine per table, excluding corkages. Mine is a standard 9-course dinner for weekends because my AD is on a Saturday and standard 8-course dinner for weekdays. FYI, 9-course include 1 special dish (whole baby abalone with spinach).

The REAL best part of the grand ballroom is "totally pillarless, 2 LCD screens, spacious, high ceiling with exquisite chandeliers, great accessibility with short walking distance from Dhoby Ghaut MRT and hotel's own parking lots are 300" which are sufficient for all guests. These are all their plus points.

Their service is very good. They also have many awards for their excellent customer service. Highly recommended. You can find out more from the internet. Hope this helps. Thanks and cheers!

callee

That's really good to hear that Concorde is a good hotel to shortlist for my 2012 dinner..

Anyone know they have any wedding showcase/ fair?

poshberries

Concorde Hotel -- Wedding Workshop 21 May 2011 (Sat)

Hi, I am happy to choose Concorde for my wedding this yr end. Their service is good and price is affordable. But too bad I can't attend this wedding workshop this time as I am on overseas holidays. Should someone attending pls help me take photos of their latest 2 wedding themes. Total themes: 3. I called up Concorde last week and info to all, Concorde have already renovated all their guestrooms (brand new) and this coming April, they are going to revamp the doors/carpets for some other areas and in August, they are going to do some reno for their Grand Ballroom where the wedding banquet is held. So we can expect a new look. So to confirm their wedding show was changed from 30 April 2011 to 21 May 2011 now. Homework done for all. Hope this helps. If you need any enquiries, you can PM me and I hope I can be of help to all. Cheers!

FYI, their Wedding Package is out since last yr 2010.
Nevertheless here it is again for 2011 and 2012 ---> http://singapore.concordehotelsresorts.com/pdf/CHS_WeddingPackage.pdf

Here is the latest update for ALL:

Wedding Workshop 2011
Learn how you can create your dream wedding in our wedding workshop on 21 May 2011. Every couple attending the workshop will be offered special perks.

Date: 21 May 2011
Time: 11am to 5pm
Venue: Concorde Ballroom, 3rd Level (Lobby Level)
Price: Free admission

Please contact +65 6739 8338/9 or email us today!

Our exclusive Wedding Packages offer benefits:

One night accommodation in Bridal Suite with welcome fruit basket, assorted pralines and breakfast for two served by our Room Service Butler
Oriental or Western themed invitation cards for up to 70% of the confirmed guest (excluding printing)
Waiver of corkage charge for duty paid and sealed hard liquor
Corkage charge for wine at S$21.00 nett per bottle
Exclusive prices for your wine purchased from Concorde Hotel Singapore
Free flow of soft drinks, mixers and Chinese tea
Free flow of beer (applicable for weekday packages)
Complimentary 30 litres barrel of beer (applicable for weekend packages)
Complimentary food tasting for 10 persons
Light meal (room service) prior to dinner reception for wedding couple
Two VIP car park lots at Hotel entrance
Complimentary car passes for 20% of confirmed guests
Welcome cocktails in elegant foyer
Wedding book for guest signatures
Exquisite wedding decorations with beautifully bedecked flower stage decorations, floral centre piece for VIP tables and fresh flowers on all other tables
Wedding march on red carpet with romantic mist effect
Five-tier wedding cake with genuine top tier
Five-tier champagne fountain with a bottle of champagne
Choice of wedding giveaways for all guests
Special room rates for additional rooms (subject to availability)
Please click here for more information.

*Soleminization packages are available upon request.

serene_kinki

Concorde Hotel Service

Hi,

Anyone held or attend the wedding at concorde hotel?
How was the food and service?

Any event planner from concorde that can recommend to me?

TandG

Concorde Hotel Review, pls

Hi Poshberries,

How's your wedding getting on at Concorde?

I am sourcing for a couple of hotels and Concorde is one of them. my AD is May 2013.

I went there and seen the ballroom..

You are right, is kind dim lighting.. But what concern me is the external area of the hotel.. It looks abit complex and "wulu"..

Is the food and service good??

Appreciate it if you can reply me with your actual experience (both good and bad)

Thanks