What do you think of when buying a flat?

angelwings

Is it price, location, flat size or others? I think for me it's location first choice, then price follows closely second.. what about you brides? But sometimes i ballot for the location of my choice I cant get it, so no choice have to ballot for another in a nearby location..

missrandom

Is it price, location, flat size or others? I think for me it's location first choice, then price follows closely second.. what about you brides? But sometimes i ballot for the location of my choice I cant get it, so no choice have to ballot for another in a nearby location..

if not, can try the resale market.. yeah location is of utmost importance

Glitzger

i think affordability is the most important factor... if you can afford, naturally you will go for a location you like meaning can consider resale.. if cannot afford, only choice would be BTOs then you are limited to certain locations.. good if you don't mind those...

Ning87

i think affordability is the most important factor... if you can afford, naturally you will go for a location you like meaning can consider resale.. if cannot afford, only choice would be BTOs then you are limited to certain locations.. good if you don't mind those...

Agree with hands and feet! haha.. affordability is priority.. you dont want to be strapped in debt right after ur wedding!!

ranked:
1) affordability
2) location
3) accessability
4) future developments
5) RESALE PRICE

hahaha~!!!

rojak

Agree with hands and feet! haha.. affordability is priority.. you dont want to be strapped in debt right after ur wedding!!

ranked:
1) affordability
2) location
3) accessability
4) future developments
5) RESALE PRICE

hahaha~!!!

yeah i agree with the additional points... coz i would consider the potential of my property increasing in price yrs later when i want to sell.. so that it will be easier when you decide to upgrade later on.. :) so the level of the unit, the facing, the view.. all these will count too..

tracylim

do ya think HDBs at prime places like Queenstown, Bishan etc that are at about 700k now for 5 room flat will continue to increase to 900k-1million 10 years from now? I am thinking whether is it better to buy a flat at a non-prime area so that it has the potential to rise more than prime areas. Cos the prime area flats are already so high that I am not sure if they could go anymore higher for local Singaporeans to buy.

Smithross

Inactive Member
I agreed with you both!! Even i think we must think about first affordability. So that we can dream our home as much as we can afford not more than that. if we can afford something we can do anything in our home whatever we want.

rainne

do ya think HDBs at prime places like Queenstown, Bishan etc that are at about 700k now for 5 room flat will continue to increase to 900k-1million 10 years from now? I am thinking whether is it better to buy a flat at a non-prime area so that it has the potential to rise more than prime areas. Cos the prime area flats are already so high that I am not sure if they could go anymore higher for local Singaporeans to buy.

maybe will continue to rise about 800+k.. PRs can afford high prices and they seem to be the one driving up the prices.

tonynguyen

Inactive Member
First location , where is near supermarket or mini market , with park/garden yard for walking , about 9 flats on a floor, in a building of 12 floors , Neighbors ( some neighbors often let the door open for air )
Secondly : price