What questions to ask when meeting the Banquet manager?

+ Reply to Thread
    Member fy5fo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

What questions to ask when meeting the Banquet manager?

Am going to meet with a banquet manager today and I am wondering what questions to ask besides negotiating and bargaining?

Member angelwings is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Remember to ask about whether the room can accomodate more people, in case you edit your guest list and include more people than originally intended. choose a room that can do that, otherwise it will be harder to change the room once you booked it.

Also ask whether if there are leftover tables from the dinner, whether can give you a dining voucher or something for those free tables.. try as much as possible to get someone (jiemei or helper) to squeeze the guests into the tables so that there is no leftover. otherwise they will simply count it as one table even if a few seats are not taken. hope this helps!

Junior Member shopperholic is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    how did ur meeting w the banquet mgr go? mind sharing which hotel/ venue u went to and how was ur experience?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Went to Grand Park City Hall, there was a wedding going on and the groom called out to my fiancé! Happens that he is the guy that my fiancé often go to buy his transformers toys! Haha. The groom said that they do a good job.
    The manager was Ivy, she is a pleasant person. We asked about vegetarian menu and she said they charged 10% of the table for vegetarian per pax. If you want to have your own florist or favor supplier, they would not discount for you. I saw their decor themes, personally, I don't like most of them as most of them have red roses in them! Only one theme is okay for me - pink and purple. I like the ceiling of the ballroom but not the walk-in, it is too short. The ballroom then had 20 tables but the manager said the ballroom can have 28 tables which was a bit hard to believe as the ballroom was already packed with 20.
    If you are not fussy with the details like i mentioned, the price at GPCH is very good, $688 per table and they have good food reviews.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Forgot to mention that they offered the solemnisation room for free but it's only for 20 pax which is too small for us..

Junior Member shopperholic is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    thanks for sharing! hmm if for about 20 tables, can consider this. but must still take a look to see it for ourselves. so which hotel will u be booking?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Currently, Sheraton Towers seems to be in favor with us! How about yourself? Any other hotels in mind?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thanks, I will take note of this when I visit the next hotel - Sheraton Towers on 11 July!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by angelwings View Post
    Remember to ask about whether the room can accomodate more people, in case you edit your guest list and include more people than originally intended. choose a room that can do that, otherwise it will be harder to change the room once you booked it.

Also ask whether if there are leftover tables from the dinner, whether can give you a dining voucher or something for those free tables.. try as much as possible to get someone (jiemei or helper) to squeeze the guests into the tables so that there is no leftover. otherwise they will simply count it as one table even if a few seats are not taken. hope this helps!
    Thanks, I will take note of this when I visit the next hotel - Sheraton Towers on 11 July!

Member retrodots is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    is Sheraton Towers the one with the fountain outside that u can use for the solemnization? quite nice rite?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by retrodots View Post
    is Sheraton Towers the one with the fountain outside that u can use for the solemnization? quite nice rite?
    Yes they have a nice fountain! But we will be using part of the ballroom for church solenmisation! We have booked with them!

Member pretty bride is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    can share details for sheraton? am considering for wedding next year!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by pretty bride View Post
    can share details for sheraton? am considering for wedding next year!
    They scored with us on an overall. Feel very at home in the hotel. Nice ceiling, no pillars. I have attended wedding early last year and the food was fantastic! We will be having church solenmisation in ballroom 3, then proceed to ballroom 1 & 2 for luncheon. They offered to give us discount for the ballroom 3 and additional perks such as corkage and additional room for our nieces and nephews. Lynnette is our coordinator. They are having wedding workshop on 20 Aug - why don't you sign up... it's free?
    When's your wedding?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by fy5fo View Post
    They scored with us on an overall. Feel very at home in the hotel. Nice ceiling, no pillars. I have attended wedding early last year and the food was fantastic! We will be having church solenmisation in ballroom 3, then proceed to ballroom 1 & 2 for luncheon. They offered to give us discount for the ballroom 3 and additional perks such as corkage and additional room for our nieces and nephews. Lynnette is our coordinator. They are having wedding workshop on 20 Aug - why don't you sign up... it's free?
    When's your wedding?
    Sorry, some corrections.
    We are asking for additional room for children but it's not confirmed if we are getting. Hope to get more perks during the wedding workshop! Solenmisation is in ballroom 3 & 4.

Member pretty bride is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by fy5fo View Post
    When's your wedding?
    Hey fy5fo, thanks for sharing so much! appreciate it! and wow, no pillars!? that sounds quite awesome in that it will look extra spacious! my partner wont be free then (still away on biz trip ) and i really want to wait for him to be back before viewing anything together. wedding dinner's next year! so still have quite some time. just checking around first!