View Poll Results: wedding is..
- 9. You may not vote on this poll
Just one night! no point spending so much for just ONE night.
a night of a lifetime, the sky is the limit. as long as I feel special!
05-07-2011 05:11 PM #1
What are your thoughts of a wedding?
Going to get shot from so many angles for this but... i really want to know something..
Someone told me:
Wedding is once in a lifetime, should make it special so must spend more money..
Someone else told me:
Wedding is just one night.. why spend 50k plus for just ONE night?!
so which one is your view?
50k for just one night or wedding is a lifetime, the sky is the limit?
06-07-2011 09:30 AM #2
To me, it's once a lifetime...
But then spend within our budget.
It does not have to be a super wow wedding where it will cost you a huge bomb... cos still got honeymoon after that...
08-07-2011 10:53 AM #3
I kinda think in general the groom's perspective tends to be different from the bride's I'm a guy and here's my opinion.. Special day yes, but as it turns out there are a million other special things to do through the rest of your life together. It would be wise to lay out a plan and allocate just affordably sufficient funds for the wedding. To feel special and to have a beautiful wedding, one doesn't need to splurge his life savings.
08-07-2011 11:09 AM #4
Me and my HTB is not rich. We spend within our mean and do whatever we can afford. We do not have a grand banquet at big hotels. We just make it like a wedding party with a max capacity of maybe 80 pax or something.
Want it special, we added some little things like...
- engage florist to give it a simple basic touch ups for your wedding location,
- get a real wedding cake instead of using dummy cake provided by the hotel/restaurant,
- find musician friends to make some musics,
- write your own wedding songs,
- maybe go and source for a good wedding favours but at a reasonable price,
- get a polaroid camera to add some spice even tho we know it is very random yea.
- design your own invitation card?
- wear something out of the box on your wedding day?
Well... it can be anything else which it might not cost as much as you could imagine
08-07-2011 12:46 PM #5
Like what majority says spend within your means. Prioritize the things that are important and meaningful to you.
Things me and my htb put more priority on
1) Photos, they are important as they are part of memories so it's the area that we tend to spend more on. We did not get expensive photographer and videographer on AD, just average ones.
2) Wedding gown, though i only wear for one day, the gown will appear in the photo. Despite having to top up for the gown i like, i went ahead with it.
Things that we put less priority in:
1) wedding car - We did not choose those luxury car as it can cost up four, five hundred just for a day. We just rent a normal car (since we dun own one and no one to borrow from)which we find that will look okay for wedding for 3 days over the weekend for two hundred plus.
2) Banquet venue - We do not plan to have a grand banquet. We choose a resturant over hotel. Resturant due to lower cost and also we prefer resturant food. We choose the resturant with good food review as we were particular about the food. We want the guest to enjoy the food.
3) Entertainment, montage, cake-cutting - We did away with all these. We plan to keep the event simple, guest come and enjoy good food.
4) Jewellery - We did not want si jian jian (parents grant permission to do away with it). Can save quite a fair bit from there.
08-07-2011 02:19 PM #6
I guess the polaroid idea is very common nowadays! Im using that too. Been the idea of mine and my HTB since day 1 when we start talking about our wedding (:
It's once in a life time and though it will be expensive, me and HTB will try to fulfill both of our "dreams" as much as possible. Just need to save extra for the wedding! And of cos, DIY than engaging florist etc, though it wont be as pretty and wont be as professional. But it feels good to be involved in the whole wedding process, decorations etc. Though sometimes we have some unhappiness.
But yea, for us, its once in a lifetime thingy. We do spend, but still within our means and did our calculations (I guess thats what most couples do!) He suggested Europe for photoshoot but I think places like Phuket will be good enough. Haha.
And similar to cryoaz, we prioritize too! Though my HTB got "special" preference for certain things. But overall, he just want me to be happy and have a memorable wedding. I guess that's the most important for everyone!
20-07-2011 01:49 PM #7
Nice to hear brides opinions on this, i think many times it's the groom who don't want to spend much. but for me it's the opposite, i want to save but my hubby wants to spend! haha! I don't want to spend so much because i don't want him to have worked all those years just to spend for a wedding, but he thinks otherwise.. so end up for our wedding we compromise and splurge on certain items which we feel are more important to us, things like wedding photos and venue decor. (without nice decor how to have nice photos?)
At least most of the banquet cost will be off-set by guests, so not so bad.
02-01-2014 03:15 PM #8
in my opinion, it is a very special moment not only for the bride and groom but also for the special people in their lives. it's the union of two people who vow to love and support each other til the end.
02-01-2014 04:16 PM #9
For me, it's a really special moment wherein i decide to be one with the person that i love. it's the start of something new and the life that we will be having together.
11-12-2014 10:28 AM #10
Very exciting and romantic~
11-12-2014 05:06 PM #11
Guess it's alright to spend some cash on it since it'll only happen once in your life right?
08-01-2015 11:56 AM #12
it's a very exciting and romantic event.
08-01-2015 12:00 PM #13
the result of this poll is just to indicate the ratio of groom to bride in this forum.LOL
08-01-2015 05:19 PM #14
spend on your own means. don't go spending too much. a simple wedding is still a good wedding