What is your wedding theme?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member angelwings is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

What is your wedding theme?

Hi brides, what is the theme that you will be having for your wedding? I've been researching about wedding themes for my solemnization, and I was quite interested in having a movie theme wedding, something like Alice in Wonderland. The whimsical theme is so fascinating, something I've loved since young.

For the wedding banquet, I think I will stick to what the hotel can provide, should be either European style or Royal style.

Any of you brides thinking of having a wedding theme? or what wedding theme did you choose for your banquet? Please share!

Senior Member astutekitty is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi AngelWings

I think it is difficult to have a theme as many things need to be synchronize. However, you may want to have your theme based on colours, I guess this will be easier to manage.

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yup, themes based on color is much easier, and common. there are alot of various themes i've come across, and they're definitely doable if you really want them! some examples include hollywood/movie/broadway, disney/fairytale, garden, rock, everything funky, old english, travel, romantic/dream, back-to-school, country..

Member jadene33 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    rojak i think i remember seeing you mention that you are doing a travel theme? i am quite keen on doing a travel theme too.. are you gonna put pictures posters of the places you and htb travelled around the ballroom ar?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by jadene33 View Post
    rojak i think i remember seeing you mention that you are doing a travel theme? i am quite keen on doing a travel theme too.. are you gonna put pictures posters of the places you and htb travelled around the ballroom ar?
    jadene -- you can do that. but do check with the hotel that they allow you to put things up. usually they do, but cannot involve tapes/bluetack etc things that potentially will damage or leave stains on the ballroom walls/ceilings etc.

Junior Member godlovescandy18 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Mine will be enchanted forest theme.....had several deco at home which I could use for the event, thus it would save me some money :-)

Member poohbeary is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i trying to decide on the color theme already got headache ah...i like tiffany blue but abit hard to request for that color at the hotel lor...headache!

Junior Member Desher2013 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i think the easiest will be color theme...

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by poohbeary View Post
    i trying to decide on the color theme already got headache ah...i like tiffany blue but abit hard to request for that color at the hotel lor...headache!
    poohbeary: you can try something that complements tiffany blue? say white or silver? Then you can bring your own decorations/items/cards etc to add the blue... or your brothers/sisters can be the ones in that color code..

Member poohbeary is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    rojak: gd idea hor...bring in my own items for the blue! yah brothers and sisters can wear that color on them so will still get my theme in! hehe! tank qiu!

Member dixie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I agree. I also had my wedding theme based on the colors so it wouldn't be that difficult to plan and prepare for everything.

Member jewelbox is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    the theme of my wedding is maroon. ;) it's colo themed

Member cremecheska is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    my wedding theme was a magical fantasy night in the garden so it was full of lights.

Member lolliepop is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    If it's already my turn to have a wedding, I'd want to have a vintage-themed one or something that's classic. Since I find it pretty elegant.

Member pinkielicious is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I plan to have a 1920's inspired wedding. I was really in love with the fashion and music during that time.