Where to buy 916k Gold for 4 Dian Jin or Wedding band?

godbirdie

hi jaslinegal, the actual shop in english is called BAO Jewellery and Service, #02-K77. It is a small shop. For Ching Hwa , it is at level 2.To be frank, after i know chung hwa, i divert all my attention to chung hwa due to no workmanship and no GST and more designs than Jin Bao (Bao Jewellery).:)
suggest u go and take a look.Many ppl go during wkend.I sometimes go Poh Heng at level 1 and another big jewellery shop (cant rem name) beside level KFC to check design then see if chung hwa have it.

jaslinegal

hi jaslinegal, the actual shop in english is called BAO Jewellery and Service, #02-K77. It is a small shop. For Ching Hwa , it is at level 2.To be frank, after i know chung hwa, i divert all my attention to chung hwa due to no workmanship and no GST and more designs than Jin Bao (Bao Jewellery).:)
suggest u go and take a look.Many ppl go during wkend.I sometimes go Poh Heng at level 1 and another big jewellery shop (cant rem name) beside level KFC to check design then see if chung hwa have it.

Oic, CH is quite a small shop, i was looking at the rings, din think they have much design. shall look at other items, thanks!

godbirdie

CH is quite a good source in terms of cheaper if looking for 916/999 chains,pendants or 4 dian jing...rings are not much design for wedding rings...more for wearing for decor/luck purposes...hmm..do share if u have better lobang..:)

Ning87

my error ..shd be in 68g as that week u bought for 916k
cfm chung hwa is no GSt and No workmanship. u just times the weight of the gold with current market price. u can test the weight.

i wanted a pair of gold ring for us.Mine current is lee hwa, normal 18k rose gold.

between, u saying u bought ur weeding bands , is it gold 916 or 999t ? where u bought?

hmm..u buy wedding band before AD in 2013.

our wedding bands, mine is pound gold coz got diamond, my bf one is 916 gold(18k) gold. u noe all gold shop got 3 prices for gold? my SO one is the second one. should be the 916 gold lor.

yar we buy now coz we gan chiong tt the price will go up. =) will use it during ROM tt we planning for either this yr or next yr.

godbirdie

yup, the first one is 999, second is 916.i plan to get a 916 perhaps in future as we bought rings at lee hwa.actually realised 916 gold is cheaper than those diamond white gold ring..our cost ard $2k. a pair of 916 rings can cost even less than 1k depend on the weight.

jsylim

Hi, personally had a bad experience with Ngee Soon. My boyfriend have nv bought any jewellery before and told them to give advice since he was buying alone. He got a pair of 18k white gold rings. Just wore it for 4 days and some of the rhodium plating has started to come off. Took it back to request for an exchange or refund today and was actually told that the items had to be exchange within 3 days! Was also told that he could not do anything as there was engraving. We asked around and realised that the engravings can be easily polished away and the standard exchange period is 1 month. Service was rude and the salesperson say we did not ask abt the ring he bought in the first place when he did asked for advice. Felt ripped off as both rings only add up to 5.5grams and was charged $800 after discount. In my opinion, I don't advice buying from Ngee Soon, prices are slightly marked up.

Tenshi

for those who are buying for si dian jin ... just for your information. If you might consider to do some exchange of your si dian jin in future, you might want to consider to buy from poh heng as they charge only 5% of their return gold and as far as I know the rest of the gold shop charge 18% of their return gold.

jaslinegal

Hi, personally had a bad experience with Ngee Soon. My boyfriend have nv bought any jewellery before and told them to give advice since he was buying alone. He got a pair of 18k white gold rings. Just wore it for 4 days and some of the rhodium plating has started to come off. Took it back to request for an exchange or refund today and was actually told that the items had to be exchange within 3 days! Was also told that he could not do anything as there was engraving. We asked around and realised that the engravings can be easily polished away and the standard exchange period is 1 month. Service was rude and the salesperson say we did not ask abt the ring he bought in the first place when he did asked for advice. Felt ripped off as both rings only add up to 5.5grams and was charged $800 after discount. In my opinion, I don't advice buying from Ngee Soon, prices are slightly marked up.

Hi,

Can I know which outlet did u go? I went to 3 outlets to buy and i find that Yishun is the worst, maybe they going to relocate already. Sales Supervisor Es*er has a bad attitude. Nex is the best cos the sales person are young, Khatib also ok. By the way, I bought 916 gold from them, so dunno abt the quality of white gold. Since they are SJA certifed, maybe u can complain to SJA? BTW, I was told that standard exchange period is 7 days.

jaslinegal

CH is quite a good source in terms of cheaper if looking for 916/999 chains,pendants or 4 dian jing...rings are not much design for wedding rings...more for wearing for decor/luck purposes...hmm..do share if u have better lobang..:)

Hi godbirdie,

I finally settle all my gold jewellery already.. Si Dian Jin, Dowry..Although my AD is mid 2012..kiasu me, no choice since gold price keeps rising.:tongue: I bought from Ban Cheong, Heng Heng (AMK), Ngee Soon, Most items bought from Heng Heng (AMK) and Ngee Soon, but IMO i think HH workmanship is very expensive, i got no choice cos i really liked the designs that i couldn't find elsewhere. Ngee Soon's design is quite trendy and it carries some of Tian Po, Poh Heng designs as well. I din't buy in people's park cos my family din dare to buy from uncertified places, but thanks for recommending though, can use for reference next time.

jsylim

Hi,

Can I know which outlet did u go? I went to 3 outlets to buy and i find that Yishun is the worst, maybe they going to relocate already. Sales Supervisor Es*er has a bad attitude. Nex is the best cos the sales person are young, Khatib also ok. By the way, I bought 916 gold from them, so dunno abt the quality of white gold. Since they are SJA certifed, maybe u can complain to SJA? BTW, I was told that standard exchange period is 7 days.

My boyfriend bought it at the admiralty outlet but the sales supervisor there refused to exchange for us. Thus we requested to see their boss and was told he was located at the Yishun outlet. We went there on 2 occasions and try to negotiate with him but he simply refuse to budge and were very defensive. When we contact SJA for assistance, SJA claim that the manufacturer say that the engravings cannot be removed. We check with Citigems, Tianpo etc and was told the engravings can be easily removed through polishing. Anyway one know for sure if the engravings can be removed? SJA had helped us to check with Ngee soon and confirm that exchange period is 3 days...

jsylim

And I must agree that the supervisor at admiralty branch and the boss at Yishun branch has very bady attitude and after-sales customer service!

pinnpinn

i still think gold wedding bands are a classic! Though it's seldom being seen on young couples nowadays. Maybe I will get one when im older! Haha.

Ding dong

Now is $71.50!!! Gold is going up again! Check out at Chung Hwa, they have lots of design but most are common design and you can find them every shops as well. Price is the best among all jewellery shops in people's park complex. They don't sell fancy design or show case design. Might want to double check with them before u head to others jewellery shop!

gigantictmt

Hi, i heard recently the price of gold is going down. how much is it now? i dont know how to read from those graphs coz it doesnt include the worksmanship..